PDA

View Full Version : Fung Wah

pakua student
10-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Who is Fung Wah? He`s on some Yip Man lineage charts after Chan Wa shun.

Jim Roselando
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Hello,

If memory serves me correctly, Fung Wah was a student of Leung Jan.

There is also Fung "Wah" Sang from Koo Lo but I believe you are referring to the above Fung Wah!

Regards,

Vyvial
10-08-2003, 10:38 AM
i could also be wrong but in the Kuin Kuit chops that Yip Man commissioned Moy Yat to make.... Fung Wah was Chah Wah Sheun's eldest student (Yip Man's Dai Sihing) who helped complete Yip Man's teaching after Sheun's death. Leung Bik wasn't on this list and Fung Wah was, which shows his respect for the Dai Sihing.

These chops are the only "official" lineage that Yip Man had made that I know of.

Vyvial
10-08-2003, 10:41 AM
here is the chop for Fung Wah (if this works):

reneritchie
10-08-2003, 01:00 PM
It all gets mixed up. In some account, Ng Siu-Lo and Ng Chung-So were the two senior-most students of Chan Wah-Shun. In others, they were junior students of Leung Jan who continued with Chan Wah-Shun when Leung Jan retired back to Gulao.

Generally, Fung Wah is listed as a student of Leung Jan alongside Chan Wah-Shun, Lo Kwai, Ngao Shu, etc.

hunt1
10-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Student of Leung Jan at least at first. Maybe the answer to the eternal question did Yip Man learn from Leung Bik or maybe aniother student of Leung Jan and said it was Leung Bik for name recognition. Could be ? :D