PDA

View Full Version : Will I get stronger this way? Some ideas.

abobo
10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
I was thinking of focusing on bodyweight stuff along with a small number of exercises under the bar plus grip work.

Right now I do PtP type stuff with deadlift, bench press, and pullups.

Goals for now: Get stronger, maintain weight

I have access to paralletes, a power rack, a bench, and a pullup bar.

Here's generally the idea I had... The split is due to the fact that some equipment is at home and some at the gym:

A
L holds - 3x 10s
tuck sits 3x 10s
handstands 3x 30s
CoC negatives & holds

B
Good mornings cycled at > 75%, sets of ~ 8
Weighted pullups cycled at > 80%, sets of 5-6
Hanging pikes 3x 5-6
Dragon flags - negatives, auto-regulated

C
Back Squat - see below
Wrist roller - not really sure how to cycle this either

D
Sprints
400M tinkering with rest intervals over several weeks

I think I could do each workout twice per week. I haven't decided how to cycle the squats and Gms yet. This is mainly because I haven't done any squatting or GMs in months, other than with the empty bar to check my flexibility.

Anyway, I think I can do each session up to twice per week, with the sprints probably on the same day as another workout.

I think I should be able to get stronger on this type of program, and improve my gymnastic skills.

If anyone has any suggestions or sees any imbalances, let me know.

Ford Prefect
10-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Doesn't look bad. Anything done consistently will help for the most part. I'd recommend sprinting on the same day you do heavy legs, since sprints are pretty hard on the legs.

abobo
03-06-2004, 11:47 PM
I just got back from a week of backpacking accompanied by some nice altitude sickness (vomit, vomit, vomit). I lost some weight for sure.

I thought I was a pretty savvy outdoors person, but the wilderness wasn't so benign this week. I learned a few lessons about equipment, weather, and knots, but most importantly I realized what a life of luxury I lead with the availability of my three friends: Mr. Food, Mr. The Gym, and Mr. Warm Bed. I intend to take advantage of these friends in my training with a program reminiscient of the one mentioned above.