PDA

View Full Version : D. Ross won't do kung fu with me.

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 11:05 AM
He won't tell me when he's near me. He travels near me many times a year. And he won't put his talent where his mouth is. He says he can mop the floor with me, so i say I'm willing to try , lets go. To the answer: " you must pay me first"

This thread is about kung fu, mods, so don't delete it.

Kung fu is at stake here. He WAS a teacher of TCMA. And spends his days being both the crown prince of his liniege AND being its biggest detractor.

Many have posted these questions to him only to be ignored or buried in credentials.

I ask him a simple yes or no question like, "Does your teacher think like you do that TCMA(IE Lama Pai) is useless?"

Answer: I'm a lineage holder, blah, blah, I have students and money, Blah, blah, My teacher is the one that taught me. Blah blah.

YES or NO!!!!

You don't want to answer yes because you know that not what your teachert would say . You won't answer no because that would discredit you.

MasterKiller
10-06-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm having a flashback to July:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24173

Around page 3 or 4 is when things started getting good.

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Male menopause?
:eek:

Theres a couple of good accupressure points on the chest for relieving hot flashes.
:rolleyes:

That one was more or less you and lkfmdc. I think the challenges on my thread are better. :p

Water Dragon
10-06-2003, 11:49 AM
*looks around thread

"has anyone seen my flan?"

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 11:54 AM
I shat on it. Shat I say! SHAT!
On your flan. Not mine, but yours.
What do you say to that, slippery reptile type person?

Water Dragon
10-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
I shat on it. Shat I say! SHAT!
On your flan. Not mine, but yours.
What do you say to that, slippery reptile type person?

I see you have progressed from marijuana to LSD.

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 12:02 PM
what?
I dont understand. The letters keep getting up and p!ssing on my desk.
Pesky letters.
Bah.

rubthebuddha
10-06-2003, 12:10 PM
lsd adds a tastiness to the flan.

anyhoo, who really cares if lkfmdc won't meet up? would beating him produce good results? would he learn the lesson you're trying to teach him? same goes if he beat you. would you learn the lesson he was trying to teach you?

sadly, i think the willow sword was the only one who "learned" from such a challenge made on this forum. so that's maybe one out of 859. not the best results, and i don't see it changing any time soon. you guys seem too hung up on your own ideas to listen to each other when your hearing is good. i doubt it would get much better after your ears started ringing from the head shots.

your guys' arguments are getting nowhere, and they aren't going to go anywhere.

now where's my flan?

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 12:20 PM
RTB gets no flan, only a flaming case of genital herpes!

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure of the personal gain one can make from pounding another, but I'd sure as hell like to see the video:D

rubthebuddha
10-06-2003, 12:39 PM
dude, you KNOW it'd go to the ground. :D

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 12:42 PM
"lsd adds a tastiness to the flan."

Actually, back in my high school daze, (haha, i made a punny fun!)
When eating LSD I didnt eat much food... Had issues with eating a pizza that was breathing and the like.
;)

"dude, you KNOW it'd go to the ground."

That would be funny too. I think they should fight. Only gear allowed is a pair of brass knucks and a chair. And a roid raging martha stewart for the ref.

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
I like this bit.

FLOSS---

"The reality is quite simple, so called "traditional kung fu" people can't fight. They feel impotent, woefully incapable and worthless, thus they have to try and find excuses and cover their rear ends. Thus, when they look at REAL fighting, ie San Shou, they have to find ways to explain why they don't last 30 seconds...."

Yet.....(from another thread) " san Shou is a not a style really, but a venue and component of applying CMA."

I'd like to know from where he started out. Hmmmmm, in traditional kung fu or so I thought. Didn't he teach TKF up until a few years a go?

To call these questions childish is rather shortsighted. To the credit of childern, they are not afraid of asking frank questions.

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I like how this was ignored

BT9--

"during the late eighties and early nineties many of the san-shou, sanda, kuoshu, etc, at events like Sifu Tat Mau Wong's four star tourneys, NACMAF, Fu Jow Pai, Kuoshu, WKF, some NSKA events, Capitol Classics, Tiger Balm, WKO events and even some of the Bando champions were from kung fu schools. I'm sure fighters like Aaron Honeycutt, Dana Rutger, Mike Sutton, Rodolpho Monteroso, Shane Lacey, Daniel Tomazaki, Shelton Lee, Felix Mitchel, Jow Ga fighters from the D.C., MD, VA areas, Jeff Lee, John Wai, Linh Thai, and more are examples of fighters that translate thier Kung Fu training well into the ring. Wether or not one sees that fighting as a prominant display of the techniques they learn in form and application is subjective. And I also agree with Truewrestler that Coung Le is one of the best in the world at least with gloves on. I wouldn't have agreed with that seven or eight years ago, but in the last few years in fights that I saw of his he really was impressive. But I haven't been in a fight since highschool so maybe my comments don't carry much merit."

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 12:45 PM
No, civility in asking questions is good. This thread is doing better than the other one to say the least.

Cept for all the talk of acid and herpes and flan.

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 12:48 PM
and martha stewart...incarnate of satan...

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 12:50 PM
yes Mother, we here you

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Don' talk to me like yew know me stupit!

"acid and herpes and flan will be covered on the next eipsode of "Martha Stewart: Jailtime Fun:""

MasterKiller
10-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Isn't flan just another Spanish term for "snowball"?

:D

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 01:00 PM
typical round with Hross:

Ross:
TCMA is BS.

TMAers: Aren't you from TCMA?

Ross: I'm the King of TCMA

TMAers: Then you suck too.

Ross: I fight with contact

TMAers: So do we.

Ross: So you admit you're a point fighter.

TMAers: No, we just said we fight full.

Ross: Since you fight points you must be beneath me.

TMAers: Aren't you listening, we fight full.

Ross: Yes i'm listening , I'm the prince of Kung fu.

TMAers: Then why are you ignoring what we say?

Ross: I have many students, do you?

TMAers: What does that have to do with us?

Ross: Everything, since you only fight point.

TMAers: Did we just tell you we fight full?

Ross: You can't know what REAL fighting is , since you fight point.

TMAers: Are you deaf?

and so and so on.

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 01:01 PM
*slap*
Domino!

lkfmdc
10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
"D. Ross won't do kung fu with me."

This alone is worth the price of admission. Thanks for the HUGE laugh... I won't do no kung fu with you, sad you :(

As I said, if you weren't so obsessed with fighting the "white world" you might have gotten yourself and education and you'd have better sentence structure.

"He won't tell me when he's near me."

As I also said, paranoid dillusions, man SEEK HELP.... wait, I'm right behind you right now, jump, run, hurry!

"He travels near me many times a year."

This is funny stuff....

norther practitioner
10-06-2003, 01:31 PM
OK, so check it... Abel, you planning on coaching or anything at any tournies this year?

Are they having any san shou or san da?

I'd bet that if they were there is a chance that your boyfriend here will be there.....

lkfmdc or whatever... next trip out to Cali... give abel a shout...

I'm sure the rest of the forum will be more than happy to wait. Or someone could set up a paypal account, all of us could chip in a few bucks and help one of you guys with a bus ticket or something.:rolleyes:

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 01:34 PM
"s I said, if you weren't so obsessed with fighting the "white world"

Where did this tripe come from?

You missed your calling, you should be working for Gray Davis. Talk about a spin doctor.

I call your bluff, you make a thousand allowances for your cowardlyness and you turn me into a sociopath. Thats rich.

Since you will dance around questions and avoid people I guess I'm just going to have to continue to bust your chops here.

No, you aren't behind me, I don't smell anything crappy in the room.

p.s. The title was on purpose, they'd delete it if it read Ross is a snively weakling that hides from a challenge."

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 01:39 PM
"Or someone could set up a paypal account, all of us could chip in a few bucks and help one of you guys with a bus ticket or something"
I got five on it...
;)

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Save your money, boys. Its only a matter of time.

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 01:46 PM
SifuAbel,

Do not, I repeat, Do not forget to tape this event. Or else no one will belive you;) :D

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 01:47 PM
I like this quote

""All that it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"
-Hunter S. Thompson

lkfmdc
10-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Ok, guys, as you probably already figured out, I am also Abel, I've devised this alter ego in order to engage in mindless chit chat at times when I am bored. The only problem seems to be that this persona has lost all control, I mean, read the stuff he/I am writing! I must be out of my mind...

So I am investigating whether I can now change my screen name to sifu dis-abel-ed....

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 01:49 PM
"A true teacher knocks down the idol his students make of him."
"I do not engage myself in anything, and the people grow rich. I have no desires, and the people return to simplicity."
"Impotence - Natures way of saying no hard feelings."

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I think the poor fool has finally cracked.

rubthebuddha
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I got five on it...
;) stop hittin cause i know you got asthma ;)

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 01:51 PM
"YOU! INTRUDERS! GET YOU THE HOT BULLETS OF SHOTGUN TO DIE"
-engrish.com

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 01:51 PM
What? Pots like duck tape. It fixes everything.
Quack quack quack.

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
This thread slowly slips into insanity...

GOOOOOOOOEEEEEE!!!:eek:

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 01:57 PM
YOU BET NOW! 5 SECONDS LEFT! BET BET BET!
BANZAIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im bout to go over there cpa. Anything to eat? I bring sauce if theres nuggets to be dipping in it.
(No thats not drug inuendo to the others of you reading, its about chicken nuggets and the sauce to dip them in.)
!!!!

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 01:59 PM
I have crack nuggets...

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Got my crack pipe inside of my coll-ar.
Original bad boy playa! AIEIEIAII!

jun_erh
10-06-2003, 04:55 PM
lmkdc or whatever is from New York. You have to understand, the New York Kung Fu scene is like they're all living in a kung fu movie. They're very into "the show"

Royal Dragon
10-06-2003, 05:40 PM
I thought the NY Kung Fu scene was pretty much illegal now.

BAI HE
10-06-2003, 05:41 PM
I think maybe the "show" visited Mr. Ross once or twice.
Care to elabotrate on or wholly disparage some of these rumours?
Will you address these persistent stories?

Vash
10-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Okay, before now, the only exposure I'd had to lkfmdc was his really cool articles, and maybe a post or two on his students' fights. Thought he was cool dude.

Now the b!tch is whining like he done got anally violated by a marmoset. And he seems to be 1)dodging questions and 2)contradicting himself. Jus' please, PLEASE stop. You're turning into a bigger troll than ME.

SA: I've gotta say, you're leading him in points, but not by much. Ya'll are both accomplished teachers. Stop this. It's disheartening to see people of your experience name-calling. And, it's pretty pointless.

Let's rally around a new focal point of hatred: ME! Give me attention! Flame me! Or Something!

GAH! My girlfriend's family suxors!

BAI HE
10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
A few straight answers would be cool. Some bring the spotlights onto themselves.

I don't think I'll get any straight answers, so I'll lay off.

He's got more to lose than I, admissions, cah and rep. Me? I lose nothing. I just stick up for TCMA when I'm around and am saddened to see a traditional Lama sifu act the way Mr. Ross does in a public way.

Perhaps, if his Lama sifu figured out what he would become, he never would have taught him a thing. Its all about the benjamin's.

He has now completely got his dress pulled on this up by Abel.

Tibetan Arts anyone?
Anyone looking for info on Lama Pai want to study it anymore?
Catch my drift?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-06-2003 06:24 PM

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Let's rally around a new focal point of hatred: ME! Give me attention! Flame me! Or Something!

You do SCHOOL-BOY KRODDY, no fun flaming you, we know that you guys suck and couldn't fight your way out of your wet diapers.

Vash
10-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Yes! YES! Exactly! More! MORE!

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 06:39 PM
VASH!

Your in some trouble now, buster! I've got five fingers of death and the demenor of an angry christian! PREPARE TO BE BADGERED TO THE BRINK OF INSANITY! Yes, I am an angry man...who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about...:D

So, D.Ross is trying to act like SifuAbel or he IS SifuAbel? If he's acting like SA, he's pretty low...if he IS SA, he's damm crafty...

Shaolin-Do
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Damm good deals on damm good wheels.
Edit: the first motto was damm good car at a damm good price I believe.
:)

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 06:42 PM
SD, gotta dollar on a blizzy?

SifuAbel
10-06-2003, 07:21 PM
".if he IS SA, he's damm crafty..."

LOL! Oh man!, I hope you're just kidding..........

Royal Dragon
10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
First, Ross is NOT Sifu Abel, Ross is a faker.

Second, as to this line :

Your in some trouble now, buster! I've got five fingers of death and the demenor of an angry christian!

Reply]
In all seriousness, I frikn hate Christians. ALL the WORST back stabbings I have ever gotten in my life were from really devote and dedicated Christians. I just got fired from my job today. He actually went so far as to say he needed an "Example" to whip the rest of the shop into shape, so he put "My" head on the Chopping block (his EXACT WORDS HERE!!). The ******* even went so far as to tell me the Frikn PRAYED about the decision the night before. My "Ex" boss is so frik'n devout that he's on the board of elders at his Church, actively tries to convert people and yet he sees nothing wrong with just Axing me for a rather minor mistake simple as an "Example" to whip the rest of the shop into shape.

God (if he even exists, Sh!t like this makes me wonder) has got to be shaking his head at these deluded fools and going "No, that NOT what I meant!!" A Damm Hells angel has more honor than Christians do.

Brad
10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Jesus loves you

SevenStar
10-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Pot - Kettle...

SevenStar
10-06-2003, 08:26 PM
As far as the christianity thing goes, to an extent, you are right. There are PLENTY of hypocrites out there. Main reason is that they use christianity as their scapegoat... they act very un-christian, then go to church the following sunday and repent, thinking everything is okay. It doesn't work that way. These people aren't really christians, merely people who don't really understand what they are claiming to believe in.

Vash
10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
RD.

There's a big difference between religious "Christians" and actual Christians.

Top that off, most people are @$$holes.

Vash
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
VASH!

Your in some trouble now, buster! I've got five fingers of death and the demenor of an angry christian! PREPARE TO BE BADGERED TO THE BRINK OF INSANITY! Yes, I am an angry man...who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about...:D

Finally, does this mean we can get off who's fatter and who's badder?

Let's talk about Meeeeeeeee, and Myyyyyyy feelings.

[/this]

Xebsball
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
its almost laughable how people reacted finding out me be atheist - they must have thought im so evil...

though im nicer than 90% christians around

SevenStar
10-06-2003, 08:51 PM
I had no idea you were atheist - but then I haven't read this whole thread, so if you mentioned it here, I missed it.

you could be christian though - you do well with celibacy...

rubthebuddha
10-06-2003, 11:33 PM
no he doesn't, sevenstar. he's nowhere NEAR good with celibacy. :D

CaptinPickAxe
10-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Repent! Thou shall dance for god or I shall cast ****ation upon your eternal souls!!!!!!!!!!

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 12:03 AM
CPA.

Dance for WHO?

Have fun as a non-christian I do not share your belief in the existence of god, devil/satan, soul, heaven or hell.

Plus, we all know that dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 04:49 AM
its almost laughable how people reacted finding out me be atheist - they must have thought im so evil...

Reply]
See, if you don't belive in God, then it really leaves no motivation the Fake being a good person, when your really not. It's just more honest as far as I'm concerned.

Backstabbings I have gotten from Cristians.

My Mom:
Super catholic, kicked me AND my 6 year old daughter out of the house during my Divorce, and custody battle with my ex because my brother was stealing from me, and we got into a fight over it. He threw the first and only punch (I took him down and pinned him against the kitchen cabinate with my knee though, the SC guys would have loved it, it was such a sweet takedown). Work was VERY slow, and I ws down to parttime, couldn't afford rent, and almost had to live in the car if it wasn't for Terri helping me out. I had dumped her 2 weeks prior because of her violent temper, so she had no real motivation to help me, she did it because it was the "Right" thing to do in her mind. She is a rather anti religions ex biker chick. I haven't spoken to either one of them (Mom Brother) since. Terri and I are still together to this day 8 years later (Although she has plans to move to Ohmaha to help out with her ageing parents soon. She will be missed.

A "EX" freind we will call "Mark":
This guy is a doosy. He's a realestate investor. His basic gig is to get a bunch of guys to search for forclosure properties for him, and give them a $5000 dollar commision when they find one for him to do. He is super ultra religious, and is a member of what is supposed to be the largest evangelical church in the Chicago area. Here's what he does, he buys homes in foreclosure under the guise of helping the owners retain their home by leasing it back with opton to buy. (His buisness even has a biblical name) He charges $10,000 for this that comes out of the equity. Dispite his allways preaching about God, Jesus, helping the homeless by volenterring in soup kitchens and his Church activities, as soon as his "Tennants" are 3 days late with a payment, he kicks them out of the home, and resells it for all it's worth. Men, women, Children. He ONLY does these deals if there is $50,000 in equity after he takes his $10,000. I found out (due to a slip on his part), that he does his transactions corperately under a differnet name. he owes me several $5000 commisions, but there is nothing I can do about it as the arrangement was verbal (He goes to great pains to look legit), and there is really no way to trace the paper work directly to him because it was processed through a corperate entity. His yeary income, is suposedly over $500,000 a year doing this. He says another investor got the deals in each case. It's his word against mine. He's another one I no longer speak to.

The third of course is my reacent "EX" Boss who made sure we were in a locked room with no witnesses when he told me he was setting an example to the rest of the shopby putting my head on the Chopping block.

ALL are about the most religious, God fareing people I have ever met. I won't even get into all the pedofiles in the Catholic church.

Wiccans, and Trekies are starting to seem to me to be the more fudementally sound religious people as far as I'm concerned.

Live Long and Prosper!

Kristoffer
10-07-2003, 05:46 AM
So basically what your saying is that there can't possible be a God because your a whiny little b*tch?

Brad
10-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Most Christians have allways been super nice to me. Conclusion? People are just jerks :P Athiests have been just as mean as anyone else from what I've seen :rolleyes:

Brad
10-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Wiccans, and Trekies are starting to seem to me to be the more fudementally sound religious people as far as I'm concerned.
So far all the Wiccan folk I've met have been super nice too :D

Vash
10-07-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Brad

So far all the Wiccan folk I've met have been super nice too :D

My ex-boss at Hollywood was Wiccan. She was extremely rude to everyone, regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, creed, or eye color.

I say again, most people in general are @$$holes, regardless of any of the things listed above.

Now, I'm gonna unsubscribe to this thread so I don't get any deeper into a theological discussion.

Felipe Bido
10-07-2003, 07:06 AM
I'm a Jedi

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
First, Ross is NOT Sifu Abel, Ross is a faker.

:confused:

MasterKiller
10-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Felipe Bido
I'm a Jedi Bantha poodoo.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 08:23 AM
So basically what your saying is that there can't possible be a God because your a whiny little b*tch?

Reply]
No, there's a God allright. He just really does not have much to do with religion or religious people.

Water Dragon,
He's a faker because he's pretending to be Abel. He's a hypocrate because he rests on his lineage and then trashes the traditional arts in the next breth. I'm sure he can fight as well as any of us. I don't think he's going to do well against a guy like Abel though, he's got more weight, and he's on top condition. I don't see how Ross would last against him.

Black Jack
10-07-2003, 08:30 AM
I am a atheist as well. Have been for a long time. I used to be pretty militant in my mind about religion untell something just clicked one day. The little I think of religion...and trust me I think very little of it...does not all fall into the garbage pile.

By this I mean that if religon helps certain people get through the day, if its rituals and theology makes them stronger to deal with specific aspects in there life that otherwise they could not deal with as strongly or helps to turn them onto a less destructive goal, then that has some merit. My problem only stems with those who try to push there religous viewpoints onto others through use of law as force. Those people IMO are so weak about there beliefs that there misson is to force feed it down other peoples throats. To blur the lines between church and state.

Those people make me pretty ill.

Just for the record I am not a ACLU fan either. That organization of hippy child molestor defenders for the most part can go drown themselves in a public bathroom toliet stall.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Personally, I have a deep belife in God. I have just noticed that thee is a trend wiht those who are very religious. It's like they are covering their flaws wiht the blanket of religious credibility.

On one hand they help out in the Church soup kitchens, on the other they are kicking people out of their homes for the almighty $$

Or my Ex boss who is a Church Elder in his local parish, yet he just decided to ax a guy for a minor issue just to set and example of force to make the rest of his workers buckle down and stop screwing off. It's not like "I" was a major screw off. Why didn't he fire the guys that are?

Felipe Bido
10-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Bantha poodoo.

E chuta

SifuAbel
10-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Since we've totally hyjacked this thread.

I like this saying:

"In the begining God gave man the truth, later satan came along and said, "Say, let me organize all this for you and you can call it religion."

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 09:35 AM
LOL!!!

rubthebuddha
10-07-2003, 09:48 AM
to further lighten the mood, why did the white man cross the road?

to exploit the land and its people. :D

and yes, i'm white, so :p

yuanfen
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
rub the buddha-

sure wish he had stayed on the other side<g>

just looking in at the thread. Bye!!

chingei
10-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey
as a non-christian I do not share your belief in the existence of god,

yes you do

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by chingei

yes you do

And pray how would that be??
Which religion, if any do I follow??

Come on speak up you little know-it-all squeal.

chingei
10-07-2003, 04:47 PM

And pray how would that be??
Which religion, if any do I follow??

who said anything about religion?

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM

who said anything about religion?

You can't have a belief in god without religion.

And either way I do not believe in the existence of any god or form of super-powerful entity that controls me or that created the Universe.

chingei
10-07-2003, 04:58 PM

--hahahaaaaaaahahahaa
thanks for confirming your status!

And either way I do not believe in the existence of any god

yes you do

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 05:07 PM

yes you do

So how do I believe in the existence of a god??

Come one tell me I am very interesting in how I can believe in something that:
1.) Denounce as non-existant.
2.) Nobody has prooven its existence to me.

Kiddo, I studied many religions for curiosity sake and so far have failed to find anything that convinced me of the existance of a god or any other super-entity.

Most religions are modern versions of older beliefs that were changed to suit the times and peoples thinking.

Christian heaven/hell, after-life and a few other concepts are straight out of the egyptian "Book of Death".

You don't really want to go there.

Have fun.

chingei
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM

So how do I believe in the existence of a god??

you know how

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 05:14 PM

you know how

Now this is interesting, the little one seems to know more about me than I do. ;)

Nice evasive answer, but the question is still unanswered.

How do I belief??

Do I just say that I belief or is there something else invovled??

Come on teach me, I want to know.

chingei
10-07-2003, 05:23 PM

the question is still unanswered.

How do I belief??

you better work on that...

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 05:25 PM

you better work on that...

Bye, Bye Bot program.

Starchaser107
10-07-2003, 05:26 PM
hmnn,
very interesting

idleness:cool:

chingei
10-07-2003, 05:41 PM

Bye, Bye Bot program.

bye worm

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 05:45 PM

Reply]
I don't know, I have a deep belife in God, but as far as religion goes I think it's all trash. My beilife goes way beyond any religion, and would continue if all religion ceased to exist.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 05:50 PM

Reply]
I don't know, I have a deep belife in God, but as far as religion goes I think it's all trash. My beilife goes way beyond any religion, and would continue if all religion ceased to exist.

My point being is that the religion defines "god" as such.
Is yours a christian god, an islamic, judaistic, hinduistic voodoo or similar god.

You might choose not to follow the trapings of certain cults (methodists, protestant, sunni, orthodox, etc.), but ultimately it is the religion that gives the "god" shape and definition.

But this leads neither here nor there.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 05:57 PM
I have my own ideas of what who, and what "God" is though. Maybe influanced by Cathalisisum, but really, vertually all religions belive in an all powerfull supenatural force. Some call that Yawey, others Zeus or Oden. Others still, call it the Wuiji or even the "Force". it really does not matter, they are all decriptions of the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Serpent
10-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Not quite. There's a fundamental difference between, say, Yahweh and The Force.

One os an anthropomorphosised entity that isa reflection of man himself, the other is an all pervading energy or cohesive universal force. While many of the attributes may belong to both, there is a distinct difference between them.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 06:58 PM
I don't buy it, they are all one and the same thing in my book, just like your nose and your arm are all you, even though one is long, and can grab stuff, and the other is short, stubby and runny when you have a cold..

Serpent
10-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Fair enough, whatever works for you. I think you are missing my point a bit, but it doesn't really matter.

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 07:10 PM
No, In got your point, I just don't buy it. If you take a few steps back, and look at it from a ****her perspective, you will see what I see. If I take a few steps closer, and look at it from a closer perspective, I see what you see.

It's all about how close or far your perspective is.

******, I can't elive the censor bleeps out F a r t h e r!!!

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
RD.

If you take a few steps further back it will all boil down to nature and gods of nature worship dressed up in different guises.

joedoe
10-07-2003, 08:37 PM
If you want to take enough steps back, then you could say that everything in the universe is one big mass of energy at varying frequencies :D

Vash
10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Step back far enough and you can fall off the edge of the world.

;)

joedoe
10-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Step back far enough and you can fall off the edge of the world.

;)

Not if you are already off this world :D

WRT your sig - Jesus saves, but Buddha invests :D

Serpent
10-07-2003, 09:06 PM
No, In got your point, I just don't buy it. If you take a few steps back, and look at it from a ****her perspective, you will see what I see. If I take a few steps closer, and look at it from a closer perspective, I see what you see.

It's all about how close or far your perspective is.

******, I can't elive the censor bleeps out F a r t h e r!!!

No, I recognise your point of view. However, I think it's limited in scope. We just conceptualise these things differently.

Of course, we're all just a figment of our own imagination anyway, so what's the point worrying about it?

"With our thoughts, we form the world, " said the Buddha.

Not that I'm Buddhist.

*shrug*

;)

Shaolin-Do
10-07-2003, 09:29 PM
From ross and abel fighting to religious arguments!?

AWESOME!
:D :D
hehehe

"what who, and what "God" is though"

Don Knots. On a raft with playboy bunnies.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 09:33 PM
From ross and abel fighting to religious arguments!?

Next will be politics.

Looks like you guys will get an Austrian in your politics, I guess 4~8 yrs down the road he will sit in the White House.

Vash
10-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
WRT your sig - Jesus saves, but Buddha invests :D

Indeed. But when the market crashes, whose matress is sitting on the most moola?

Serpent
10-07-2003, 09:47 PM

Next will be politics.

Looks like you guys will get an Austrian in your politics, I guess 4~8 yrs down the road he will sit in the White House.

No, this is as high as Arnie can go. If you want to be president in America you have to be born an American citizen. Arnie is Austrian, so he's out of luck there.

Chang Style Novice
10-07-2003, 09:52 PM
...passes to Buddha...Buddha takes it to the hole!!!!

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

No, this is as high as Arnie can go. If you want to be president in America you have to be born an American citizen. Arnie is Austrian, so he's out of luck there.

I thought you just needed US Citizenship, which I think he already got.

Anybody got a link to the requirements for becoming a US-President.

Chang Style Novice
10-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Here, ya go - Article II section 1 of the US Constitution. (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articleii.html#section1)

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

The italicized portion was only relevant at the time the US was such a young nation there were no natural born citizens at least 35 years old.

(this post has been edited for accuracy)

Serpent
10-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
...passes to Buddha...Buddha takes it to the hole!!!!

Super Best Friends Super League Footy Challenge!

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 10:03 PM
CSN.

Thanks.

Pity, I had hopes for him to go higher.
;)

But than as it is said the constitution is not written in stone either, we will never know what the future brings.

joedoe
10-07-2003, 10:15 PM

Indeed. But when the market crashes, whose matress is sitting on the most moola?

Yes, but as Buddha has achieved wisdom and enlightenment, he invested wisely and diversified his portfolio so when the market crashed, he was still fine. :D

joedoe
10-07-2003, 10:17 PM
CSN.

Thanks.

Pity, I had hopes for him to go higher.
;)

But than as it is said the constitution is not written in stone either, we will never know what the future brings.

You guys remember that movie Demolition Man where they make mention of 'President Schwarzenegger'? Kinda amusing.

Shaolin-Do
10-07-2003, 10:22 PM
*gasp*

Im going to bed.
Peaceout.

Serpent
10-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Dude, why do you always feel the need to tell us all when you're going to bed? We don't give a fuq.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Dude, why do you always feel the need to tell us all when you're going to bed? We don't give a fuq.

Maybe because he hasn't learned the golden rule yet:

If you are not in bed by 22:00, it is time to go home.

CaptinPickAxe
10-07-2003, 11:42 PM
HEY...you know what...Jesus works on my roof. Yeah, and we drink Wild Turkey together. He tells me about his old lady who sits at home and b!tches at him for stupid sh!t...

wait is that the same Jesus?

Royal Dragon
10-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Hmm, energy oscillating at different fequencise you say huhhhhh???????

Ok, I'll buy that. I'll add to it by saying it changes colors from time to time too.

WanderingMonk
10-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Arnie can be a senator. That's higher than Gov. So, politically, he can go higher in the US. But, it doesn't pay nearly as much money as making movies. Also, Senator sit around in committee trying to come to a consenus. Can you imagine the Terminator/Conan trying to sing cubaya with the rest of Senate? I don't think so.

He could probably go back to Austria and run for President over there. Yeah, terminator sitting at the helm of Austria. I can see that.

wm

Shaolin-Do
10-08-2003, 10:23 AM
"Dude, why do you always feel the need to tell us all when you're going to bed? We don't give a fuq."

Cause I usually get on while I stuff my face right before I pass out, and right before I pass out Im usually not in a thinking mode.
That, and I too, dont give a fuq. Period.

Also... Do you have multiple personalities or feel the need to speak for the majority in your b!tching?

<- am guess multiple personality disorder.

MasterKiller
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Serpent uses the royal "we" when he speaks, which is the custom with Austrailian sheep f@ckers.

Shaolin-Do
10-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Who adorn velcro gloves?

Serpent
10-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Serpent uses the royal "we" when he speaks, which is the custom with Austrailian sheep f@ckers.

Hey, it's the kiwis that f@ck sheep. We have kangaroos - a whole lot more bouncy and exciting.