PDA

View Full Version : Attn: All of my alter-egos and aliases

Watchman
10-13-2001, 11:01 PM
Rogue, Stranger, tnwingtsun, et al:

A heads up -- MSNBC is doing a segment on "lessons learned from Somalia" (Blackhawk Down). It's airing Monday (tomorrow) night at 9:00pm eastern.

Thought y'all might be interested if you hadn't caught word of it yet.

P.S. Can someone remind me when I'm supposed to be "Sevenstar" again?

diego
10-13-2001, 11:27 PM
or the next day maybe

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Stranger
10-14-2001, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Who am I? :confused:

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

rogue
10-14-2001, 12:28 AM
Thanks Watchman.

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

tnwingtsun
10-14-2001, 10:45 AM
Roger that watchman.

AAR time

tnwingtsun
10-15-2001, 03:24 AM
Been scaning for MSNBC,no show.

Heres what I found.

Check what's coming up on NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC in the next 24 hours...

MSNBC Live
MONDAY, OCTOBER 15 - 10:00 PM ET
Ashleigh Banfield - Live from Pakistan
Region in Conflict

MONDAY, OCTOBER 15 - 11:00 PM ET
Host: Lester Holt
The latest on the anthrax cases across the country, including a new diagnosis: the child of an ABC News employee has tested positive. Guests include Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y); MSNBC Military Analyst Gen. Bernard Trainor

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16 - 12:00 AM ET
Host: Brian Williams
NBC Military Analyst Gen. Barry McCaffrey

MSNBC Investigates
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16 - 1:00 AM ET
Black Hawk Down: The Somalia Connection
October 3, 1993: this is the story of a UN mission led by U.S. Special Forces in Somalia -- a humanitarian mission to save a nation on the verge of self-destruction due to a civil war. A mission plagued by a lack of planning, a lack of support and a lack of intelligence. And while no one knew it at the time, it was America’s first battle with the forces of Osama Bin Laden

Watchman
10-15-2001, 03:26 AM
I tuned in for it and didn't see it either. They must of bumped it because of the new Anthrax developments.

Thanks for finding the new time. :D

rogue
10-15-2001, 04:58 AM
I'll have to set the VCR up for that.

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

Stranger
10-15-2001, 05:12 AM
Who am I? :confused:

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Watchman
10-15-2001, 05:18 AM
FYI, Pedro Sauer is going to be in Richmond and Virginia Beach near the end of Oct.

I can't remember if either of those locations are closer to your particular neck of the woods, but I thought I'd pass along the info.

Click here for details. (http://www.pedrosauer.com/bjj/events.html)

KC Elbows
10-15-2001, 05:25 AM
This entire thread has me questioning my sanity. Who is who? I'm afraid I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night posting tv schedules under the name watchman.

By the way, is it watchman as in Rorschach's watchmen, or am I way off base here?

Watchman
10-15-2001, 05:32 AM
...but that was a cool grahic novel. :D

My handle is a spin on the English translation of my first name, plus it's a religious thing (Isaiah 52:8).

P.S. If you wake up as me, could you please clean my shotgun? I've been putting it off for a couple of days. :rolleyes:

KC Elbows
10-15-2001, 05:41 AM
Hey, that's MY shotgun!

Oh geez, Isaiah 52:8 already has a bookmark in it!

I hope I'm not anyone else, too. I just can't afford the added bills.

Watchman
10-15-2001, 05:44 AM
Just remember - if someone happens to mention "Project Mayhem" to you...DO NOT ask questions! :eek:

Mr. Nemo
10-15-2001, 07:28 AM
KC Elbows is obviously watchman.

rogue
10-15-2001, 02:37 PM
I may be able to make one of those. Thanks Watchman.

Who watches the Watchmen?

Goldenmane
10-15-2001, 04:37 PM
KC... you would be me, but Watchman already booked it.

Tomorrow, I am JWT, then for a brief period GinSueDog has the rights, whilst I will be Ryu.

We can probably work something out on Saturday, if you want.

-geoff (ok, I'm bored...)

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

KC Elbows
10-15-2001, 07:49 PM
OK, can't do it Saturday, gotta work out.

Monday is booked solid, Tuesday afternoon might be good, but we'll play it by ear.

By the way, who am I?

rogue
10-15-2001, 07:56 PM
Ok, I'll fill in as you while you're being Watchman or JWT.

JWTAYLOR
10-15-2001, 09:35 PM
Isaiah 52:8-13

Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices, They shout joyfully together; For they will see with their own eyes When the LORD restores Zion.

Break forth, shout joyfully together, You waste places of Jerusalem; For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem.

The LORD has bared His holy arm In the sight of all the nations, That all the ends of the earth may see The salvation of our God.

Depart, depart, go out from there, Touch nothing unclean; Go out of the midst of her, purify yourselves, You who carry the vessels of the LORD.

But you will not go out in haste, Nor will you go as fugitives; For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

Behold, My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and greatly exalted.

Goldenmane

OH, I mean, JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

diego
10-15-2001, 09:39 PM
HOW COUOLD YOU DO THIS
THIS ISNT PROPER KF ETTIQUETTE
you work out???WTF

I JUST STAND

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Watchman
Amen

diego
maybe shuffle my feet

JWTAYLOR
10-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Judges 3:31
"After him came Shamgar the son of Anath, who struck down six hundred Philistines with an oxgoad; and he also saved Israel."

An oxgoad is a stick, about 6 feet in length, sharpened on one end and flattened to s chissle on the other. It's used to prod an ox or to chissle out the mud from it's hooves. It was common for Philistine soldiers to come and take food and grain from the farmers. At the time, the Philistines would not allow the conquered Israelites to have weapons. So, usually, they were little resistance. But the idea is that Shamgar got tired of loosing his crops, got the ol spirit of the Lord on him, and put the beat down.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

rogue
10-15-2001, 11:15 PM
Who said that? Is that JWT or one of us filling in for JWT? Or maybe it's Watchman being Stranger who's being me who's being KC Elbow who's being JWT.

Is Goldenmane Isaiah or is he really diego? :eek:

KC Elbows
10-15-2001, 11:18 PM
****it! I was about to let you know who that was, but it appears that I'm off sick today, so I'm not sure who's filling in for me, so the whole thing gets thrown off. It might be Abel. ;)

Watchman
10-15-2001, 11:19 PM
I don't really care, as long as ONE of you hosers gets my shotgun cleaned!

Mr. Nemo
10-15-2001, 11:55 PM
Mr. Nemo would be posting who is obviously who, but his head just exploded. I'm not exactly sure who's posting this in his stead.

KC Elbows
10-16-2001, 12:01 AM
:confused: Who cleaned my shotgun?

SevenStar
10-16-2001, 02:41 AM
I've been told it was time for me to be SevenStar again, so here I am. Did that shotgun ever get cleaned?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

rogue
10-16-2001, 03:58 AM
Is the shotgun still the shotgun or is it the UMP today? Also which one of us has the **** thing?

joedoe
10-16-2001, 04:46 AM
Can someone be me tomorrow? I won't be around and I need someone to fill in.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Goldenmane
10-16-2001, 04:51 AM
Help. Help me please. I was Watchman, then turned around when I thought I was JWT, and Goldenmane had to slap me a few times to snap me out of it.

Now I seem to be a doorknob. How did this happen?

-geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

Watchman
10-16-2001, 06:10 AM
We don't have the UMP anymore becaue we sold it to a Sheriff's deputy a while back.

I don't know who has the shotgun, but it d@mn well better be clean when it comes back 'round to me.

Goldenmane,

The doorknob things happens - don't worry about it.

Chang Style Novice
10-16-2001, 07:52 AM
Doorknob -

don't watch so much Twin Peaks and you'll get better.