PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck is "Flan"????

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Ok, it seems to be something that goes with Pot smoking, maybe a snack?

I grew up in the drug infested 80's, and I thought I had heard every drug and or pot related term there is, but this "Flan" stuff is new to me.

Is it something that makes women take their cloths off? Or just somethig for munchies??? Do I want "Flan?" Is "Flan" good for me?

PS, Ross is a Girly boy (He he he, Got to do my part to keep this going and all!!)

Xdr4g0nx
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
I know of a type of "cake" name flan. Its not exactly a cake its more of a pie but not...:confused: Ok i don't know what im talkin about but here:
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm
its yummy :D

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
RD.

Here ya go:

Flan (http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm)

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Es un postre hispano que sabe muy rico pero parece como mocos.

Y tu eres un pinche maricon sin los huevos a pelear, pero encantas hablar como eres muy chingon, no?

rubthebuddha
10-07-2003, 02:12 PM
are no mexicans living in chicago? :confused:

Xdr4g0nx
10-07-2003, 02:12 PM
haha beat u to it monkey. :D :D

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Xdr4g0nx
haha beat u to it monkey. :D :D

No biggie. I used Google to get that link.
;)

ShaolinTiger00
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Mexican flan? aye.. pobrecito... go find some Cubans and get their flan. it's usually sweeter.

btw: tres leches? mm good stuff. if you've ever had a craving for sugar coated sugar covered in caramel...

and lets' not forget the dulce de leche..

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Mexican flan? aye.. pobrecito... go find some Cubans and get their flan. it's usually sweeter.

You ate all my flan cabron! :mad:

lkfmdc
10-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Royal Dragon, I know you want me to stirr your flan for you but my dance card is all full lately... :p

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Seriously though, if you want something sweet that will set your mouth on fire, you should try some chocha a la mexicana.

SifuAbel
10-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon

Y tu eres un pinche maricon sin los huevos a pelear, pero encantas hablar como eres muy chingon, no?

WD just said that you are a little *** that doesn't have the balls to fight but you love to talk like a big bad man. Not a nice thing to say. :mad:

Well, RD, at least you don't have to ask what is thought of you. It would be braver to say it in english.

Flan is fattening, go easy on the flan.

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 02:44 PM
It's been said in English. Where you been? In the corner eating my flan when no one was looking?

GLW
10-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok...to answer the question...

Flan is a dessert that is an egg custard - then it is usually topped with caramel sauce and possibly brown sugar....

Really good stuff cold or hot...

Tres leches - sometimes called Mexican wedding cake - three milks...a white cake with three types of cream and rich as all get out...also really good stuff.

If you are ever in Houston, Churrascos makes one of the best Tres Lecehes in town..and they actually created a chocolate one as well...

Their flan is pretty good too....

ZhouJiaQuan
10-07-2003, 03:15 PM
indeed, Cuban Flan es numero un en todos el mundo. there is this restaurante called kuba kuba right near me. the owners abuela makes all the desserts. ahhh so good. Flan, Natilla, tres leche, rice pudding, mmmmmmmm..... :D

and watch out for the mexican version, its normally greasy ( j/k :p )

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Abel, see this is why I don't like that little punk. He knows I have been to injured to fight, yey he acts like I'm backing down because I'm afraid of him or something. He says crap like this, even though he's trianed side by side with me, and been there when my back was hurting so much I couldn't even go on. THEN he says I'm just a wuss for not pushing through it and ****ing myself up more. When, earlier in the same class I'm in an Iron chair, and he's mostly just standing up practically taking it easy, and going on and on how he loves "Hard" training. Then, one class (I wasn't ther, only heard about it) he actually DID push himself hard enough to passout, he's all excited abut it like it's a big deal. I actually laugh about that one, as I used to push myself that hard EVERY time I trained wether I was under a teacher, or out in the woods alone. He did it once, and he thinks he's the Zhiznits.

Really, all he's got a bit of Taiji, entry level Hsing I about 18-20 or so SC tecniques and some pretty common Kung Fu training methods that he thinks are some sort of great secret noone else knows about outside of his little group, and that's it. I'v forgotten more Kung Fu than he even knows. The guy I was before my back blew out would have ripped him in two and not blinked twice about it.

When "I'm" happy with my Kung Fu again, I'll kick his ass good and end this crap. In the meantime, he can talk all the "Smack" he wants. I really don't care.

CrippledAvenger
10-07-2003, 06:13 PM
No flan for me thanks. I need to stay lean and mean. It's just red meat, whiskey, and beer for me!

:rolleyes: :D

Royal Dragon
10-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Agreed, xcept for me it's lots of fish and Buffalow meat.

Buffalow meat BTW, has twice the protine of beef, and 1/10th the fat.

Water Dragon
10-07-2003, 08:12 PM
lol

brassmonkey
10-07-2003, 08:23 PM
is this flan the same as sopapilla's?

Black Jack
10-07-2003, 08:24 PM
ummmmm.......red meat.

A nice sizzling steak with a very cold class of beer would of been good tonight. Instead I had to settle with two polish dogs covered in yummy onions and mustard and semi cold beer.

Them's be the breaks. Tommorow should be better as I am going to my betters halfs parents place for homemade pasta and sauce.

ummmm......hardboiled eggs, neckbones, meatballs, spicy sausage, all swimming in a giant pot full of dripping sexual dynamite, pretending to be a sauce, but oh don't be confused, its a sicilian wh@re temptress, a s!ut of sauces waiting to be ravished.

Serpent
10-07-2003, 09:00 PM
MmmmPutanesca!

*drool*

Shaolin-Do
10-07-2003, 09:34 PM
I cant believe youve never had flan. Its delicious.
mmmm....

"sugar coated sugar covered in caramel"

Reworded -
Sugar coated sugar covered in melted sugar.

:eek:

brassmonkey
10-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Yo RD maybe if you were nicer to WD he could show you some taiji tha twould help improve your back

David Jamieson
10-07-2003, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Fred Sanford
10-08-2003, 12:00 AM
RD is always good for a laugh.

Royal Dragon
10-08-2003, 04:05 AM
I already have good Taiji, and better people than him to go to for more, so why bother?

Water Dragon
10-08-2003, 07:11 AM
Do you know how stupid you sound and type it anyway, or are you really that deluded?

fa_jing
10-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Brevas.