PDA

View Full Version : Cutting off heads.

Ray Pina
10-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Anyone check out the new DVD release of Shogun? It's awesome.

To stay on topic, I'm going to start focusing on the two handed sword this winter. Anyone else into fencing here?

yenhoi
10-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Im into stick, sticks, and two handed sticks.

;)

rubthebuddha
10-09-2003, 09:54 AM
evofist -- why say you this? i didn't know it was being done, so my curiosity muscle is a-twitchin'.

oh, and i'm not all that good with blades yet, so i'll join yenhoi in the sticks arena. i'm not all that good with sticks, either, but the chance for harm to oneself is lower. :D

David Jamieson
10-09-2003, 09:57 AM
I am one who fences, aka a fencer lol.
Been into it for, well, forever really, since 9 yrs old learned from both my Father and from professional trainer.

Gene is also into it.

I don't get opportunities to step onto the pisté anymore, but, it's still with me. :D

cheers

Ray Pina
10-09-2003, 11:13 AM
My weapons knowledge is actually very low. Sure, I learned tons of forms with staffs, sais, chucks and the broadsword from my karate and kung fu days, but my class mates today put the gear on and go at it with the shinei (sp?).

I'm looking forward to this. But haven't really asked my master about it yet, just something I'd like to start on. I think he likes to start off with the pole though. Either way, whatever steps are required.

I love going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art here and looking at all the swords... they have a beautiful collection.

I fantasize about getting a volunteer job there and doing some sort of mission and walking out with an old katana blade in a poster container. :D

KC Elbows
10-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Speaking of art, the Nelson Atkins museum out here has one of the top asian displays in the country- part of it is on tour to I believe mainland china right now. Lots of cool stuff, there's one suit of armor in there that I keep meaning to steal, but I can't figure out how to sneak past the guards with that japanese helmet all demon looking on my head.

Ray Pina
10-10-2003, 05:30 AM
birds of a feather;)

Merryprankster
10-10-2003, 05:37 AM
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

FatherDog
10-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

If only they'd applied that to the movies...

Shaolin-Do
10-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Learn to spit fire out of the mouth and they wont f*ck with you.
;)

Kristoffer
10-10-2003, 01:25 PM
spit in your face

Kristoffer
10-10-2003, 01:27 PM
yes