PDA

View Full Version : BGZ = result of TJQ&XYQ combined

Ka
10-09-2003, 04:12 PM
I come to this board as I find the posters here to be the most concise information as to history and lineages of CMA avialbe.(This is a complement Guys;) )
Have any of You heard this One
Guy tells me that Ba Gua is a result of Xing Yi and Tai Ji combined and that all BGZ has distinct elements of Xing Yi and Tai Ji.
I say oh I hadn't heard that before could you tell me what style etc
Anyhoo have any of you guys heard reference to this sort of thing in BGZ history.
Cheers

Brad
10-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Guy tells me that Ba Gua is a result of Xing Yi and Tai Ji combined and that all BGZ has distinct elements of Xing Yi and Tai Ji.
I say oh I hadn't heard that before could you tell me what style etc
Anyhoo have any of you guys heard reference to this sort of thing in BGZ history.
Cheers
Nope never heard that one. There have been some meetings and exchanges between the three groups though. Bagua Taijiquan, Fu Taijiquan, and Sun Lutang combined stuff from all three to come up with Sun Taijiquan, are examples.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-09-2003, 05:09 PM
New one on me too.

But than I have heard some really tall stories when it came to the internal arts and which arts sprang of them.

Some weren't even Chinese arts.

Starchaser107
10-09-2003, 06:39 PM
never heard of this.
however i have heard of rivalry between bgz and xyc masters

Ka
10-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the replys
I had heard of SLD mixed form and the story of XY & BG always being taught together but this chap is pushing the "BGZ came from TJ& XY" line.
Any Information/ opinions appreciated.
Cheers

Felipe Bido
10-09-2003, 08:01 PM
There's no proof of that, and it's more likely not true...

Don't worry...I read somewhere that Bagua came from the Xingyi monkey form :rolleyes:

Chris_McKinley
10-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Xing Yi Quan uncoiled the Bagua circlewalking Dragon posture, closed off their gua, tensed up the joints and called it San Ti. I hear they even built a whole martial art around it. But then again, what can you expect from guys who practice Bung fisting on a regular basis?

(heh, heh, heh....pfffffttttt!) :p

MaFuYee
10-10-2003, 06:47 AM
next time u see this guy, punch him in the face as hard as you can, and tell him that bagua sucks.

:D

Felipe Bido
10-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Chris_McKinley
Xing Yi Quan uncoiled the Bagua circlewalking Dragon posture, closed off their gua, tensed up the joints and called it San Ti. I hear they even built a whole martial art around it. But then again, what can you expect from guys who practice Bung fisting on a regular basis?

(heh, heh, heh....pfffffttttt!) :p

LOL :D