PDA

View Full Version : no instep kick

stonecrusher69
10-10-2003, 06:08 AM
I was just thinking in the 3 hand forms why there is no instep kick.most of the kicks you use the heel ,toe,and side of the foot as the point of contact,but where in the forms do you find the instep kick.The grion location is a good target and to be able to hit it you have to use a kick that comes from underneath not straight forward.

yuanfen
10-10-2003, 07:25 AM
It is there in mok yan jong work.
The slt is the central foundation....once understood sufficiently,
the other hand forms add additional knowledge... then --lots of combinations and foot work variations in the jong and weapons work.

stonecrusher69
10-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes i agree the SLT is the foundation for the whole system,but there are some techniques in the jong like the instep kick and d others that can"t be found in the 3 hand forms.Since the Mok Yan Jong is an accumulation of all the 3 hand forms,every technique and concept should be found in at least one of the forms.There are some hidden techniques found in all the forms ,but the instep kick I think is an exception.

yuanfen
10-10-2003, 04:50 PM
you have a right to your opinion.

Keng Geng
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Put it wherever you like.

jucraze
10-21-2003, 07:55 PM
You can find the instep kick in the front kick. There are actually two schools of thought on the instep/front kick. One of them involves the foot being thrust in a straight line vector drawn from the heel to the target (if that is waist level it would be a front kick) and the other is where the kick is chambered and then thrust outward or downward. So if you subscribe to the first (and I do) then you will find that the instep kick and the front kick are one and the same.