PDA

View Full Version : My friend got jumped pretty bad

Yung Apprentice
10-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Me and my friend , were going to meet two aquaintances (we'll call them Jon and George) on the strip. When we get there, the two guys we know are drunk, and talking $h!t to like 9 guys. The two guys we know, are always getting into some sorta mess, and when they are drunk, they get mad quickly, and easily, and there is no calming them. George is talking trash and then throws a beer at one of the 9 guys, as he does this, Jon gets cold co(ked and falls on the floor. George starts swinging at guys, and hits a couple but doesn't stay on his feet very long. They drop George, and start stomping on his head like 3 or 4 times. They leave him and run off. George is unconcious, and bleeding from his face pretty bad, and gets sent to the hospital.(don't know if he's alright or not) Jon just got hit in the face, mouth is a little bloody, but he walked away.

The thing is, me and my friend get there right as it happens, and we don't know whats going on, it caught me off guard. I froze. I didn't do anything. I might have been able to help George, or who knows, but I didn't do anything. Granted they are always get into something, and sooner or later they had this coming.

And I had no idea who started what, or why they were getting into each other's face. Jon and George could have just walked away easily, but they weren't backing down, in fact they kept getting in the ppl's face.

I feel bad though. I froze. It was like a nightmare, everything was going on, and i was in slow mo. I could think, but my body wasn't moving.

I don't know why I'm saying this, maybe I want to hear some feedback from ppl. If they think it was fu(ked up, or understandable my reaction. I feel terrible, for the first time in a situation like this I froze.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-11-2003, 03:23 AM
I think it was good taht you froze.

2 vs 9 is bad odds, 4 vs 9 is not that much better.
Plus, it also ws not your fight, your 2 aquaintances asked for it and got what they deserved.

I stopped a long time ago to fight other peoples fights or help them out when they are in a tough spot they got themselves into.

Sounds cold-hearted, for all the times I got involved I hardly got any thanks and my rep suffered too.

Temujinn
10-11-2003, 03:27 AM
I have been jumped a few times and had friends stand there and watch.
****ed me off.
However as I got older I learned some things(by the way your friend didnt get jumped, he saw that coming and was talkng smack).
If you are going to fight, fight for your life, fight with everything you have, bite, kick, gouge eyes, pick up a weapon, annhilate your opponent as fast as you can, if you are not prepared to do that and nothing less, dont fight at all, AT ALL.
You were not ready to commit yourself to violence, good, I reccomend you never raise your hand to anyone unless you have to, and have to means to protect life, your own or your friends.
My sifu told me, when decide to fight, you decide to kill, because the other guy (you MUST assume) has already decided to kill you.
If you arent ready to kill your enemy find another way around it, when all other ways are lost(the decision really takes place in less then a second) exhaust all your reserves in making sure you walk away, if that means someone else doesnt, well then that is what it means.
Fighting is not a joke, it is not a sport, it proves nothing.
Dont feel bad, maybe your friend learned something.
Avoid people who put danger at your feet, take fighting as serious as it should be.
Dont feel guilty for not hurting someone, or more then likly dont feel guilty for not getting stomped by 9 guys yourself.

LEGEND
10-11-2003, 11:14 AM
This is the problem of group fights. It's a melee...best thang and only thang u could have done was drag your friends to YOUR SIDE of the area. If they come to your side then u can fight them and pressure them back away from you. If you jumped in...u're basically have no avenue to do shiet...u'll prob. get clip from behind! It's like being surrounded...but if u bait them to come forward...u have to option to fight or backpeddle. Jumping in a circle sucks.

Yung Apprentice
10-11-2003, 05:15 PM
It really sucked, because, right as we get there, and everything happened, another 7-9 guys came up to me and my friend from behind. I thought these guys were with those guys, and I thought this was it. I've been in rumbles beofre, I've been had odds as bad at that before, I've had my @ss kicked a couple times, and I'm not afraid of getting it kicked, but for some strange reason, I froze. It was like watching everything on t.v., like it was all behind some screen that I couldn't get to.

I really was mad at myself. But they did bring it upon themselves. They coulda backed away and didn't. It really wasn't my fight, and I don't think it woulda been cool to get beat down for a reason I don't know and for some drunk @sses who are acting stupid. I guess I was caught off guard.

I don't know, the thing that bothered me the most, was that I couldn't react, I felt hopless. With my street fighting experience, with my MA training, I couldn't react. I hadn't been in a fight in a while, maybe I was rusty. Maybe becuase I got there late and was caught off gaurd.

But it just made we scared that I froze. What if it was me in a situation? Or someone I cared about? I've never frozen up in my life. I guess you can't always expect to react the same everytime something happens.

Temujinn
10-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Avoiding violence is not "rusty" it is mature.
The older you get the more you will realize that your life is what is important, and part of yur life is trying to keep your body intact.
I have 4 children and can not afford for some dim wit to get lucky and ruin me for life, cause I had a point to prove.

Stranger
10-12-2003, 11:01 AM
George is talking trash and then throws a beer at one of the 9 guys,

Are you talking about a bottle of beer, a full can, a near empty can, or just the contents of a cup?

If it was one of the first two, that is assault with a deadly weapon and George needed to get stomped in a boot party.

If it was one of the last two, that is being an arsehole and George deserved to be decked, but not stomped on the ground.

SanSoo Student
10-12-2003, 11:42 AM
maybe those guys should drink inside their houses...
Cuz if you cant control yourself like that when your drunk, one of these days you might go up against a guy with a knife or gun.

Yung Apprentice
10-12-2003, 04:07 PM
stranger- sorry for not being clear, it was the contents in the cup he had.(which was beer)

sansoostudent- I agree.

Shaolin-Do
10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Lots of c*nt b!tches pull guns and knives around here.

Ray Pina
10-13-2003, 05:47 AM
I've always liked you on here and think you post respectfully and add, not subtract to the board's value.

With that said: here is what I would be considering:

1) How valuable where these friends? Would you have hestitated if it was a brother or your girl?

If they were of value to you and you just got there AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT CAUSED THIS, then I would be concerned over your freezing and you should meditate on this and talk to your teacher.

If they are so so friends who routinely cause trouble, and you didn't want to get dirty or ruin your night, then perhpas you did the right thing ... especially if it was already winding down when you got there.

If you didn't go to the hospitial with them, and you're not sure of their condition, then I suspect they're just acquaintances. I use the word friend very carefully.

Kristoffer
10-13-2003, 06:23 AM
They say every avoided fight is a victory. I know it sure as **** don't feel like it, but hey you never know what might have happend if you had. Would you be happy if you ended up in hospital?

It is now in the past, you can't change what you did, there's no second chances. All you can do now is be thankfull that you are not hurt and move on.
hope your alrite..

piz

Yung Apprentice
10-13-2003, 05:59 PM
thanx Evolution Fist- I put friend in the title of the thread becuase it was shorter then aquaintance. I would say they are good aquaintance's, who cause problems when they are drunk. But I don't think I would call them friends. Well, maybe I would consider Jon a friend. A lot of my friends are starting to stray away from kicking it with them, becuase they tend to start problems. I talked to Jon and he admitted it was his fault.

I don't know if I would freeze up if it was family or a close friend. This is my concern. This is the underlying factor for me writing this thread. The first is that I felt guilty for not doing anything.

About two and a half months ago, I was in a similar situation. Exceptions being, I was there when it started so I knew what was going on, they were good friends of mine, and they didn't start it. The odds were similar 4-9. But I didn't freeze when it got close to fighting, and I was not afraid of getting beat down.

Since I have never froze before, it scared me a lot. I hope this isn't a reacurring thing. I just hope the reason's were for me freezing, was that I was caught off gaurd.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-29-2003, 01:20 PM
don't sweat it too much dude. if i walked into the same situation with a co worker or something who asks for trouble i wouldn't have done anything either. not against 9 guys he through a ****ing beer at. the only thing i think you could have done different is to maybe have yelled something along the lines of he's down ... ****in quit before you put yourself in prison. although i wasn't there and there may not have even been time to say that.

also don't worry too much about whether you'd freeze in a different situation ... especially if you haven't in others in the past. i mean you were standing there thinking man .... maybe i should do something but there's 9 guys over there and george was being a **** anyway. do you honestly think the same process would go through your head if it were your best friend? i seriously doubt it. maybe you'd end in the hospital, but you'd be in the hospital with your friend.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-29-2003, 01:25 PM
bottom line ....

dont feel like a pu ssy. the moron intentionaly picked a fight with 9 people. that's not your problem.

Yung Apprentice
10-29-2003, 03:54 PM
GDA? When did you get back on here?????? Wow, thats cool that your back, and thanx, that actually does make me feel better.

You guys wanna hear something messed up. George is alright. But I found out that night he was also with two cousins (whom I don't know so they coulda been anybody there) who just sat there and watched him get his head stomped! His own family, his own blood, didn't do anything. Just stood there and watched.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-31-2003, 11:27 AM
been back for about a week i think. i pleaded with the mods and promised to be good and they decided to give me a second chance. i didn't realize how much other forums suck until i was banned from here.

and if his own family didn't do anything maybe that's telling you something. like he does **** like that all the time and they're tired of bailing him out.

Yung Apprentice
10-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Thats cool, glad to have you back!

I saw George yesterday, he was actually pretty lucky, he was knocked out, and had 20 stitches in his forehead. It could have been worse.

John on the other hand, was actually sucker punched with a bottle across his face. He had his jaw broke in 2 places, and had to have it wired shut, unfortunately. But other then that, they alright, and they seemed to have calm down from drinking. They only get that way when they drink, it's weird it's like night and day when they are sober.

Ikken Hisatsu
11-01-2003, 07:47 PM
I cant stand angry drunks. And in your situation I would of walked away as well. I was at a party once where a mate of mine got smacked for chatting up a guys little sister (hes an animal when hes drunk- animal vegetable or mineral, he'll do it)

Afterwards one of my mates asked why I didnt step in. I just looked at him and said "and what if it was your little sister he was trying to bang?"

If one of my mates is being an ass and gets decked, good job. teach him some manners.

Hammer
11-01-2003, 11:43 PM
"When we get there, the two guys we know are drunk, and talking $h!t to like 9 guys." Hmmm...was it actually 9 guys, or "like 9 guys"? Maybe it was 3 or 4....Oh, but you couldn't tell that the other 3 or 4 were their girlfriends...

Here is the heart of your posting:

"The thing is, me and my friend get there right as it happens, and we don't know whats going on, it caught me off guard." If you didn't know what was going on, why did you assume your friends had been "talking $h!t"? Maybe they were getting ganged up on, and you wouldn't back them up. Nice. I am glad I will never have to share a foxhole with you.

"Here is the truthI froze. I didn't do anything." Ahhh...The cowards credo, you have memorized it well, congratulations.

"I might have been able to help George, or who knows, but I didn't do anything." Don't feel bad, cowards never do anything, that's why their cowards. Congratulations, you've made their ranks- with honors!

"Granted they are always get into something, and sooner or later they had this coming." It will seem like a walk in the park compared to what you have coming- coward.

"And I had no idea who started what, or why they were getting into each other's face." Hmmmm...but didn't you say they were, "talking $h!t"? Sounds like you didn't really know $h!t! Oh, I guess that would be a justifiable reason to let a friend get his head stomped on. You are a cowardly piece of trash.

"I feel bad though. I froze. It was like a nightmare, everything was going on, and i was in slow mo. I could think, but my body wasn't moving." It's called FEAR, get used to it coward.

"I don't know why I'm saying this, maybe I want to hear some feedback from ppl." Well there is some feedback for you. How did it taste? Not as sweet as what the other cream puff's are slinging you, I know. The truth isn't always pretty, or sweet. The truth can be ugly, and I hope in your case painful, and I hope like hell it hurts. What goes around, comes around. Here's hoping you get yours soon.

Cheers.

SanSoo Student
11-02-2003, 12:34 AM
Dude, it was 9 guys...and what if you did start to beat up one or two guys when one of their buddies decides to pull out a knife and stab you from behind?
Think about it, those guys shouldn't be drinking in bars, if they are going to end up fighting.

Yung Apprentice
11-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Hammer, you really are a character. A retarded one, but a character no less. I am glad you wouldn't share a fox hole with me. I would salute you for that, especially during war.

Looking at your posts, I thought about replying to some of the things you said. But then again, why wasted my time arguing with some @sshole wanna be war veteran. It's like talking to a wall, or trying to understand a drunk chimp. Had you had something insightful to say, negative or positive, then maybe I wouldn't think you are such a jack @ss. But no, you wanted to make your post personal.

You've probably watched too many war movies. You were probably in ROTC and never served in the military, and if you did serve, you probably were a cook, or a pencil pushing officer.

You may think you brought me down to your level, but I'm having fun writing this, and am laughing my @ss off at this. You need to calm down old timer, and stop feeling sorry for yourself because you never had any glory days.

Hammer
11-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Glad to see you at least had the honesty to not try and deny this simple fact:

YOU ARE A COWARD.

Cheapshots. Is that all you have son? Read my posting again. I dissected that cowardly tale of yours- and posted my thoughts on the ramblings of a fearful piece of trash. For this, I'm "retarded", an "@sshole", a "jack @ss"? Is that your best defense? You have a lot of growing up to do, child. I now understand why you had to turn your back on your buddies when they were being attacked- your fighting skills are probably about as good as your logic. If you were half as good at throwing punches as you are at throwing about inane, childish, cheapshots, maybe your friends wouldn't be so banged up. And maybe you could live with yourself in that yellow skin of yours. LOSER...

Cheers.

Yung Apprentice
11-02-2003, 08:32 PM
A coward. I am a coward for not sticking up for two drunk morons who I don't consider my friends. Was I a coward when I fought for my friends on a 6 on 20 situation? Was I a coward when I got cracked across in the ribs with a bat, or had a pool cue broken over my head? No. I stood up for myself in those situations. I took responsability for my own actions. I stood up my real FRIENDS. The ones I consider brothers, and I would die for.

You wouldn't know about these situations. You don't walk in my shoes. Which is why I know I am not worried about you calling me a coward. The only ones I worry about are my true friends, and they trust me with their lives.

Heck, you only got eight posts on here, yet you claim in other pplz threads that you see there "TRUE CHARACTER" like you dwid. How corny is that?

So whats brave? Calling people out on the net? Is that the extent of your bravery? Becuase if I were judging your character, I too would call you a coward. I maybe young, and hadn't had any training, BUT WHATS YOUR EXCUSE????

It might have been a mistake. Not sticking up for those two. (aquaintances) But I tell you one thing, they learned a very hard lesson. Something that would have been taught to them sooner or later, or had I shown up two minutes late anyway.

I need to grow up. Yeah, I am young, and can afford to make mistakes. Maybe your jealous, becuase you can't.

Hammer
11-02-2003, 10:08 PM
Hmmm...you, "fought for my friends on a 6 on 20 situation" which would have been, approximately, a 3 to 1 situation, yet you pussed out when it was 9 to 4, or, approximately, 2 to 1?!

You've been, "cracked across in the ribs with a bat", and, "had a pool cue broken over my head" not to mention the classic piece of fiction, "fought for my friends on a 6 on 20 situation". YOU must be a real @sshole to have had such a pounding in your short 21 years here. 6 on 20? What are you, a gang member? Or was the 6 on 20 from back in high school when some of the varsity football team caught you and five of your buddies punking each other behind the bleachers?

Cheers.

SanSoo Student
11-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Haha...so hammer what would you do? Say you did go up against those 9 guys. You proceed to hit one of them in the throat and take the other guy to the ground, but when you where getting up the guy in front of you distracts you, from the guy with the knife from behind you...and then you get stabbed in the lung.
All this for mere "acquaintances"? Some idiots deserve to learn the hard way.

Yung Apprentice
11-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Sansoostudent- You made me realize why Hammer has so much aggression towards me. He must relate. He probably was the @sshole that his "friends" had to bail out. And one day they must have decided to let him learn the hard way.

Ikken Hisatsu
11-03-2003, 08:39 PM
aint that the truth. used to be this guy at our school, spoilt little rich kid- you know the type. this guy however had a pair of goons that followed him around. and this little punk thought he was some kind of gangster- always challenging people to fights, but never a one on one- always a "my boys vs yours" most people just ignored him. then one year there was a skiing trip he went on, but his goons couldnt afford to go. big mistake on his part. a mate of mine who had enough of his sh*t found him in his room and broke his nose, then went and got another friend (no one ever messed with this guy- he was about 6"3 and 130kg. and this is when we were all about 15 :eek:

So the beating starts, and this kid gets absolutely THRASHED. they had to send him home, and he left school soon after. mostly due to his goons ditching him- one day he walked past a friend of mine (bit of a nutcase- used to go to anger management, and when about 4 guys jumped him he pulled out a craft knife and went to work) and threw milk all over him. his goons just left and he got another beating from a very wet VERY ****ed off nutcase. while the entire school egged him on.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 04:27 PM
YOU ARE A COWARD.

he had the balls to come on here with the truth didn't he?
there's a lot of people who might have done the exact same thing and then posted on kfo how they just took out nine people because they were starting **** with there friends. he didnt do that .... i give him props for that.

It might have been a mistake. Not sticking up for those two.

**** that. there is no reason to get the **** kicked out of you over two jerks starting a fight you had nothing to do with and whom you don't even know that well. freezing is obviously not good, but inaction in this particular case is completely justified. the only exception being if you did nothing after an ass kicking became more than an ass kicking. then it's time to find a way to stop it without getting yourself killed. no one was there but you, and we are all speculating, but from what you said it sounds like they got him on the ground and gave him a good couple kicks for being an *******. that's not your problem. as long as you don't freeze when it does count then there's absolutely no reason to second guess not stepping in on that instance.

Yung Apprentice
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Thanx GDA.

Life long Student
11-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Coward? I don't think so, Freezing is something you can unlearn it is a reaction like any. A coward is someone who refuse to fight out of absolute selfish reasons. I would bet if you had the chance to save a child's life you would. But thinking you are a coward might make you do something stupid to prove to your self you aren't. Fear never leaves it changes especially if you start to think of altercations in a more strategic manner than emotional. In your group fight it was a shock, and no one was hitting you. I at one point though I was a coward, so I started to hang around street fighters. I also became a bouncer and body guard to learn and to find out if I was. What you discover is Fighting sucks and there are some relay bad guys out there that would loose an eye or go to jail to win a fight. Fear is a warning like spider man as spidy sense, it lets you rev up. My advise be careful, I personally know of several men who are permanently injured from a friendly street fight. I also know of a bouncer in jail for killing someone, he hit the guy and the guy fell on a curb. I luckily survived my first bouncing fight, I was squared off with two guys at the end of a simple escort out of a club. After a few hits and a little dancing in a parking lot. The police came, when they searched the two guys one had a knife (out of the sheath) in his pocket, the other a screw driver. They later admitted to me they were trying to get close enough to stick me. I never took any fight lightly after that.

Any one who thinks fighting at the drop of the hat is OK is a Jack A**. By the way after your friend who threw the bear gets out of the hospital, get him alone and beat his A** and put him back in he needs it.

8gates
11-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Hammer:

Well there is some feedback for you. How did it taste? Not as sweet as what the other cream puff's are slinging you, I know. The truth isn't always pretty, or sweet. The truth can be ugly, and I hope in your case painful, and I hope like hell it hurts. What goes around, comes around. Here's hoping you get yours soon.

Cheers.

LOL, I could see Hammer trying to act all tough, then getting held by 3 guys, and kicked around by the other guys. :p

No worries "Yung Apprentice", the reason you froze, is because you didn't expect a fight to be happening with your friends.
I don't care who you are, sometimes you can't be "full on" aware, at every possible moment..

Yung Apprentice
11-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Thank you 8gates and life long student

Hammer
11-13-2003, 09:30 PM
COWARD. noun

cow·ard :

One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Think he isn't a coward? Think again. The only thing missing from the definition is a picture of you, Yung Apprentice.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Merriam-Webster I think has the better one:

Main Entry: cow·ard
Pronunciation: 'kau(-&)rd
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French coart, from coe tail, from Latin cauda
Date: 13th century
: one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity
- coward adjective
(Emphasis is mine)

Rolling into a ball during a confronation and starting to sob for your mommy or running away with a load in your pants is "cowardly", refusing to fight someone else fight is not. ;)

Anybody that doesn't have any fear in the face of danger is either a fool or soon to be dead.
Fear is that little voice that keeps you alive in extreme situations.

My definition of Heroism is a follows:
"You actions cannot be heroic if you know that your actions will not result in danger to yourself and/or others, or if you don't know that your actions will endanger yourself and/or others."

Life long Student
11-13-2003, 10:23 PM
Main Entry: cow·ard
Pronunciation: 'kau(-&)rd
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French coart, from coe tail, from Latin cauda
Date: 13th century
: one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity
- coward adjective

Hey, you want to split hairs, your real implication is that he is less than. The reality, by him even admitting he is thinking about this show that he is a man. You on the other hand are showing your lack of compassion and it sounds like some sort of Napoleon complex. " I see fight I must fight also." Sounds like fear that your friends might not like you if your don't jump in. Having any real skill or half a brain tells should allow you to be who you really are. Lay off the guy you are sounding like nothing but a bully. Or for that a thug with gang mentality. Great example, I hope you never have students until you learn more about people.

Hammer
11-14-2003, 12:08 AM
Feel free to mix in an English class with your other studies. Man, attempting to read your incoherent rambling was painful.

Hammer
11-14-2003, 01:03 AM
"Rolling into a ball during a confronation and starting to sob for your mommy or running away with a load in your pants is "cowardly", refusing to fight someone else fight is not." I am sure you are personally familiar with all of these scenarios.

I really like your quote, "refusing to fight someone else fight is not"(cowardly). Hmmm...I see. So, lets say you witness a woman getting verbally assaulted, and being physically roughed up by a man. What would you do? Walk past, and ignore it, after all it is, "someone elses fight", right? After all, she probably had it coming to her.

Same scenario, this time it is two guys picking on a friend of yours. What do you do? Walk past, and act like you don't know him? Maybe you convince yourself later that he was ,"just an acquaintance", and was, "getting what he deserved"?

Wouldn't you hope, if your sister was the woman given the first scenario, that someone would have the COURAGE to do the right thing and help her out? I sure would. Wouldn't you? Or, maybe, after she got a good beating, a witness to it all could explain to you that it was, "someone elses fight", besides that she probably had it coming to her. Would you nod your head in agreement that he did the right thing?

What kind of upside down world do you people live in?! Since when do you have to be best friends, or family, to help someone out who is in a bad situation? Would you do nothing for people you don't personally know? That is just sick.

A quote you will enjoy:

"I would rather be a coward than brave because people hurt you when you are brave."
E. M. Forster (1879 - 1970)

Make it your Mantra.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Hammer.

Go and play super-hero protecting other people and fighting their fights for them.
I will sent some flowers to your funeral.
;)

Playing "What if .." scenarios is NOT going to win you this debate nor any other.
But since you like them so much.
"What if you step in and get stabbed from behind by an unseen attacker"

"What if you step in and only than see the other 6 members of the gang lurking in the background holding clubs, motorbikes chains, etc."

"What if you step in to protect the girl and she turns on you for interfering?"

"What if you ALL get arrested and the others have witnesses that swear that YOU started the trouble?"

You see "What if ..." scenarios or for arm-chair warriors that have never been close to a real fight.

The real world and fights are NOT clear-cut and you will find yourself VERY fast in a heap of problems.

In a true street altercation your MA training might amount to nil, nada, zilch, zip, because you might not have what it takes to survive or simply because the odds are against you.

One bit of advise of 1 vs xx attackers:
"They only have to get lucky once, you have to be lucky all the time."

Seeya, and remember to let me know when to send the flowers. ;)

Hammer
11-14-2003, 11:47 AM
"What if you step in and get stabbed from behind by an unseen attacker"

I bleed. Feel intense pain. Require hospitilazation, I may die.

"What if you step in and only than see the other 6 members of the gang lurking in the background holding clubs, motorbikes chains, etc."

Man, my vision must really suck. First, I don't see the guy with the knife, now this!! And I usually have a VERY good sense of what is going on around me. By the way, what kind of neighborhood is this? Do you live, or walk in, neighborhoods with this kind of garbage? I don't. But, to answer your "realistic" scenario; I'd probably suffer a severe beating, serious injuries, hospitilization, and possible death.

"What if you step in to protect the girl and she turns on you for interfering?"

I would laugh, throw my hands in the air, and walk away.

"What if you ALL get arrested and the others have witnesses that swear that YOU started the trouble?"

I have been arrested before. It's not as terrifying as you think, punk. Wait, for someone like you it would be, a chicken$hit pacifist like yourself wouldn't do well in jail. To answer your question; I would go to jail, be bailed out on my own recognizance within a few hours, and have my day in court.

Now, why don't you answer my much more realistic questions? I guess my questions are "what-if" to someone who has never encountered them. To me they are representative of situations I have been in- more than once.

Since I only asked two questions, and you've asked me three, allow me to add a third:

A small girl, of 11 years age, is being accosted by a male in his 20's and forcibly dragged into a car. She is yelling for help. What do you do? Ignore it? It is not your fight, RIGHT? After all, he may be a gang member, have a gun, a knife, or maybe there are 6 others, " lurking in the background holding clubs". Heck, you might get hurt, or even KILLED!! Do the smart thing, the safe thing, and ignore it. As sad as it is, I'm sure you would.

"I will sent some flowers to your funeral."

I think you would "send" them. You seem to have an irrational fear, or even dread of dying. I do not share your fear. We all are going to die. Death is fair, it comes to us all. I am not afraid of it. Does this mean I take stupid risks with my life? Of course not. I take good care of myself, and am cautious not to take foolish risks with my health. I do not, however, kid myself that this life will continue forever- nor would I want it to. It is the manner in which we live that will matter. Remember, "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but one". I know, you would rather be a live c0cksucker than a dead hero, right?! I am not amongst the group of people like yourself who tip-toe through life to make it safely to the grave. Go ahead, send flowers to my funeral, just don't show up for it. As for your funeral, they will be able to hold it in a phone booth.

"...the safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death."
Voltaire

"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life."
Bertolt Brecht

Okay, I've answered your asinine questions. Answer mine. If you don't, we all know what you would do. We all know what you are.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Hammer.

You make me laugh, you must be the poster boy for the VTG-Group.
:D

Keep dreaming and playing your little "What if ..." scenarios.
I might suggest a visit to the ER on a friday night after payday to get a reality check for you.

What you say is 100% opposite to the experts out there and these guys talk from REAL experiences and not some wet-dream fantasies about how tough they are.
Or how heroic it is to die saving someone.

You gave so many glues away that you are a VTG and not talking from experience that it is laughable, every 13yr old can see through your talk to the real person.

Have fun. Thanks, for playing sorry "Game Over" for you no replays in real life.

chingei
11-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Wow. You really are a coward.

Yung Apprentice
11-14-2003, 05:10 PM
It's funny, from the very first post, I said these guys were my "AQUAINTANCES". I don't think Hammer knows what this word means. He says I try to convince myself that they are aquaintances, but from the get go I said they were. I see these guys only on special occasions, like parties and such. I don't hang out with them everyday, like I usually do with my REAL friends. I see these guys probably once every month or two. And everytime there is a party, they get drunk ALL the time, and start stuff. (sometimes with us even, thats what alcohol can do to people)

Many of our friends refuse to hang out with them, when they get drunk, and when me and my friend went to go meet them that night, we didn't know they were drunk, just from talking to them on the phone.

They started this mess, they started this mess knowing the odds they had, they started it before I even got there. They had the chance to shut up and walk away, but they didn't.

In the area where we were at, there was literally hundreds of people. So yes, someone could have easily came up and stabbed us or done something to us, becuase there were a lot of people in the area, and it was confusing.

Hammer, aked me once something about being in a gang. No I am not, but I do live in a bad area of town, and I happen to see, or be in a lot of crazy things that happen.

Hammer
11-14-2003, 06:14 PM
"It's funny, from the very first post, I said these guys were my "AQUAINTANCES"".

I see you were able to edit your postings, changing the word "friend(s)", to the less intimate "AQUAINTANCES".

If this is true, why is the thread titled, "My friend got jumped pretty bad"? Ahhh...you weren't able to change that were you? The fact that you tried to cover your tracks, and change your story, does not change the truth that you are a COWARD.

T'ai Ji Monkey-

What the hell is VTG?! I'm sure it is some sort of code that you and your Star Trek buddies understand, but I don't. Do these three letters have some significance for you and your Trekkie pals when you get together on Saturday night to play a game of stink finger? Never mind, I don't want to know, punk.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Hammer
T'ai Ji Monkey-

What the hell is VTG?! I'm sure it is some sort of code that you and your Star Trek buddies understand, but I don't. Do these three letters have some significance for you and your Trekkie pals when you get together on Saturday night to play a game of stink finger? Never mind, I don't want to know, punk.

Yup, some of us had an educatiom, sorry, forgot you are still busy getting yours.
:p

Virtual Tough Guy (http://ejmas.com/jalt/jaltart_elmore_0402.htm)

Field Guide to Trolls (http://www.philelmore.com/profiling/fieldguidetotrolls.htm
) (see Agenda Troll and other subspecies)

Maybe Chingei should also read that one.
;)

"He who lives by the Sword, gets shot by the one who doesn't."
unknown.

chingei
11-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey

Maybe Chingei should also read that one.

or maybe you should go **** yourself

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by chingei

or maybe you should go **** yourself

Did we hit a nerve there.

The TRUTH hurts doesn't it. ;)

chingei
11-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey

The TRUTH hurts doesn't it. ;)

Then I don't suppose you've ever known pain in your entire worthless life!

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by chingei

Then I don't suppose you've ever known pain in your entire worthless life!

You should know, since you seem to think that my life is a mirror of yours.
;)

Hammer
11-14-2003, 09:37 PM
T'ai Ji Monkey, the "educatiom" one, states:

"Yup, some of us had an educatiom, sorry, forgot you are still busy getting yours."

"Yup"? Nice use of the English language, dunce!.

"...some of us had an educatiom,"

What is "educatiom", genius?! ROFLMAO....

You, "... had an educatiom,"? Don't you mean, "have an education"? The context of your rambling indicates that you are trying to use the present tense. (look it up in your 9th grade English book)

I need an education? When, and if, you finish high school let us know. Otherwise you may be relegated to jobs like your buddy Yung Apprentice...the unarmed security guard!

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Hammer.

I speak 5 different langauges fluently and English is not my mother-tongue.

But like the good troll and wannabee tough guy you are you pick on a typing error, since you got nothing left to answer.
Or does your intelect not go any further?

But I don't have time to play with littlle Internet warriors like you and Chingei, I am actually off to do some MA training.

Something BOTH of you would know nothing about of course.
:D

Go ahead and practice more Mouth-Fu in front of the mirror while pumping up your chicken chest and pretend that you got some muscles and power.
But she sure not to get too excited while you pretend to beat up tough guys the stains might last.
;)

OTOH, if you two worms are ever in my neighbour hood let me know, and I will get the wet-nurse ready.

Have fun you two loosers.

Hammer
11-14-2003, 09:56 PM
T'ai Ji Monkey,

When you get done bumping tips with your boyfriend, maybe you could explain exactly how I qualify as a "virtual tough guy". I read the page, it was quite amusing. I see how it applies to many people here, for example:

It’s Only a Flesh Wound:

"Your average VTG has been there and done that, man. He's been shot, he's been stabbed, he's been cut. He's won countless fights and lost a few, too. "I've been in a lot of fights, and defended myself from all kinds of weapons. I've been shot once, stabbed once, and cut countless times."

This sounds like your man, Yung Apprentice, with his, "cracked across in the ribs with a bat", and, "had a pool cue broken over my head" not to mention the classic piece of fiction, "fought for my friends on a 6 on 20 situation"

Legends in Their Own Minds:

"A VTG can't help but create fanciful stories that are increasingly over the top."

Again, the stories...see last paragraph above.

How does this apply to me? Maybe, since you have an "educatiom", you could show me how I meet the description of VTG. You know, the way I've showed how you, and your punk buddy Yung Apprentice, meet the criteria of COWARDS.

Cheers.

Your pal,

Hammer.

Yung Apprentice
11-15-2003, 02:27 PM
It's funny, because I never did edit the word aquaintance. It was always there, from the first day I posted it, ask anyone who had replied early. And it's funny you should mention the title Mr. High and Mighty, because originally, I did put aquaintance, but the whole title didn't fit, so I used friend instead so that the title fit. In my original post, I made it a point to put aquaintance, because I knew the title might have thrown some people off. I guess it was only the stupid ones.

Hammer
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
You are also a LIAR, Yung Apprentice.

"...because originally, I did put aquaintance, but the whole title didn't fit, so I used friend instead so that the title fit."

You are a LIAR.

You did edit your posts.

the title, "my aquaintances got jumped pretty bad" would have easily fit, with plenty of room to spare! Don't take my word for it, anybody could easily confirm this by attempting it themselves. Isn't it bad enough that you are a COWARD? I guess that title wasn't enough, loser, now you have confirmed what I always knew, YOU ARE A LIAR.

" It was always there (aquaintances), from the first day I posted it, ask anyone who had replied early".

Okay:

You originally posted on: 10-10-2003, At 07:14 PM. On 10-12-2003 09:47 PM EvolutionFist replied:

"How valuable where these friends?"
"If they are so so friends..."

Hmmm...why was EvolutionFist using the word "friend"? Oh, I know. Aquaintances wouldn't fit in his posting, right? What do you have to say for yourself now, LIAR?

Yung Apprentice
11-15-2003, 06:51 PM
You truly are a funny little man. The whole title did not fit. If you had tried you would know. Your attempt to discredit me is hilarious, and I am really quite astonished that an old man would behave like this. Yet I'm the young one. LOL.

EvolutionFist wrote that reply not too long before you did, if I remember correctly. And yes I did edit the post, I never said I didn't, but it was for grammar only. I never edited the word aquaintance, it was there from the get go.

Believe me if you want. I really don't care. You think this is bothering me, but I think this is hilarious. Do you honestly think I care what some **** on the net thinks about me? You might try to save face on the internet, but to me this all BS on here anyways. THis doesn't affect me in any aspect of my life. So this vein attempt to bring me down to your miserable level, is not working. Quite the contrary, I'm laughing at you and your outrageus statements the whole time. LMAO, I can't believe an old man would act this way!!! What a geek.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-21-2003, 02:41 PM
ok hammer ..... aside from the fact that i think you are attacking a kid who froze one time in a bad situation .... vehemently .... without merit considering the circumstances .... im going to try to talk to you seriously.

the circumstances are what im wanting to talk about. i can sort of see where you are coming from in general, but each situation is different and you seem to be ignoring some key points in this one.

1: he didn't know these guys all that well.
2: it wasn't something that drug out or became life threatening. they were thrown down, kicked a couple times, and were let go.
3: (most important) they threw a ****ing beer can at a group of 10 guys and begged for the fight.

points 1 and 2 might not be enough to feel righteous in staying out if it alone, but certainly 3 is. if someone very clearly begs to get an ass kicking who am i to take that away from them?

you can argue that these 3 points have been embellished, but i just don't see why someone would log on, post this story, and twist these facts yet remain honest about be afraid and freezing. you figure someone would just as soon not post the story at all or say that it had just ended as they arrived or something.

unless you are giving the guy a hard time for the sake of it, i don't see how you can possibly believe someone is a coward considering the above circumstances. these guys weren't just two guys who were being drunk and rowdy and happened to find themselves in some trouble. that can happen and when it does you help pull your friends out no matter what it takes. but that wasnt the case here. these two morons started a fight with 10 people and have a history of doing things like this on the regular. i figure they're lucky the other guys were nice enough to only kick them a couple times and that someone bothered staying around to call an ambulance for their *******es.

Meat Shake
11-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Throwing a beer can at someone here is about like spelling "lets fight" on their girlfriends chest with your man gooze.
:eek:

This thread sucks.
No offense YA. :)

Hammer
11-28-2003, 12:52 AM
Nice take, queer. Who else but a flamer would put the phrase "man gooze" in a posting?! Only an expert on the subject like yourself, goop gobbler!

Disgusted,

Hammer

Meat Shake
11-28-2003, 02:07 AM
You even suck at trolling dude.

Hammer
11-28-2003, 08:17 PM
That really hurt! I'm sure you are GREAT at trolling...for C0CK!

SanSoo Student
11-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Have all your 20 posts (as of 11/30/03) been on this topic alone. Please do us a favor and not waste the bandwidth of this site.
Or better yet, stop wasting two dollars an hour in some worthless cyber cafe trolling, because your mommy won't let use home internet anymore (she caught you looking at Child Pornography, right?).

And Hammer, please don't get me started on how stupid that name is... Go try yanking your wee-wee somewhere else.

Hammer
12-01-2003, 12:57 AM
I surrender! The others weren't as clever as you, SanSoo Student. You're ruthless!! cyber cafe...mommy...child pornography...yanking my wee-wee! Man, do you have no mercy!! You even said my name is stupid! UNCLE!! You are just too darn witty for me! Find someone who is a match for your devastating, stinging witticism! You win!

defeated,

Hammer

Starchaser107
12-07-2003, 01:24 PM
now why would i ever stop doing this?/
without the stinkin recods it just wouldnt fit/
i toured around the world from london to the bay/
its "hammer go hammer , mc hammer yo hammer
and the rest can go and play.../
u can't touch this

stop

hammer time

MC Taiji Hips
12-07-2003, 09:49 PM
All we need now is genie pants then we can all do the Chinese Typewriter.

Kristoffer
12-08-2003, 05:28 AM
true

Kristoffer
12-09-2003, 06:54 AM
true

SanSoo Student
12-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
true

TrU3.