PDA

View Full Version : My hands are registered as a DEADLY WEAPON!!!!

Royal Dragon
10-11-2003, 02:16 PM
I started a new job today, and the guy training me was telling me he can't get into a fight without being arrested because he's a 4th degree Black Belt, and his hands are registered as deadly weapons. He says it's the law that anyone 2nd degree Black or higher in Karate must register with the government (forgot which branch he said).

My question is this, is this true in Chicago or Ill in general?? How about other places? If he's NOT Bsing, is this a mandatory thing, or just volntary?

For me, It does not affect me either way, as I do Kung Fu, not Karate, and I have no rank anyway. I'm just curious, that's all.

rubthebuddha
10-11-2003, 02:28 PM
royal dragon, that person has shot at the barn of the correct with a shotgun and missed entirely. problem is, YOU were hit instead of the barn.

http://www.urbanlegends.com/faq2k/legal_2007.html

Kristoffer
10-11-2003, 02:57 PM

norther practitioner
10-11-2003, 03:23 PM
The sad thing is........
It was birdshot.

Didn't just miss the barn... he didn't hit anything on the farm.

crazymaddrunk
10-11-2003, 03:44 PM
you guys need to listen to NP, now

most of the times he knows what he's talking about

you'd never catch NP with birdshot, he's got the gat with the 9mm's in it

:D

Royal Dragon
10-11-2003, 04:13 PM
OK, I tried to make this point, but he INSISTS that he paid a fee, and his instructor made him fill out the paperwork to do it. He even attempted to describe the building, and it's location where the paperwork was "Filed".

I pressed further, and discovered his Teacher handled all the paperwork for him. He says that in the past he got into a fight, it was self defence, and he was arrested on the spot because his "Black Belt" rank came up on the police computer. He also told me that "By LAW" he must announce that he is a 4 th degree Black Belt to anyone who is actively trying to fight him. He was VERY serious about his, and seems quite convinced of it.

He has a card stateing he is a licensed Priviate detective as well, and claimed much of what he had to do for his Black Belt registration was also covered under his PI license.

I haven't mentioned I know anything yet, I've been playing ignorant (although some here may say I wasn't playing).

I'm thinking of challenging him just to see what he's made of.

Any thoughts??

Royal Dragon
10-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Oh, one more thing, he told me he had to go to Thiland to get his 3-4 degree ranking. It could not be done here in the US.

I'm not really sure what to make of this guy, but my Bull****'O meter is going off bigtime!

Leimeng
10-11-2003, 04:52 PM
~ One of the most pathetic urban legends to date that one is. I hear it from time to time. My favorite spin on this one was from a piece of white trash former coworker of mine. (Actually the creature in question was an officer, but anyway....) She tried to convince me that her husband studied a secret form of ninjutsu while in japan and the school he studied with was sooooo deadly and dangerous that it was illegal to practice openly in the states. She also spouted the myth about having his hands registered as deadly weapons and asked why I was not carrying my card with my hand registration as well. I calmly told her that her husband was welcome at anytime to meet me and I would be more than willing to evaluate his deadly weapons. She told me I was rude and that was not the point of martial arts. Oh well, like I said, officer and white trash....

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Black Jack
10-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Complete bullshinto.

Royal Dragon
10-11-2003, 05:26 PM
So tell me guys, what possesses people, especially Karate types, to ferviantly believe this stuff?

rogue
10-11-2003, 05:32 PM
I have registered several parts of my anatomy as Deadly Weapons, but not my hands.

Royal Dragon
10-11-2003, 05:34 PM
LOL!!!

Tit Sa
10-11-2003, 05:54 PM
I had to register the gas that came out of my buthole after yesterdays mexican dinner as a "deadly weapon"

You know, the FBI actually came to investigate, because it could have been a federal crime.

1.Use of weapons of mass destruction
2.Terroristic threats.

Last time I will f@rt on the bus.

SifuAbel
10-11-2003, 05:57 PM
They believe it because one of the things they buy with their testing fee is about 500 lbs. of self important BS.

They are buying prestige. The instructor probably gives a kickback to the cops to have their guy "arrested on the spot for being so deadly".

Black Jack
10-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Don't get it into your head that karateka only believe this, it has nothing to do with karate, its a idiot thing.

Idiots who take gung fu are just as wrong. Idiots are idiots no matter what "style" they label themselves with.

rogue
10-11-2003, 06:05 PM
ACAMAC AristoAgon Martial Art lethal in extreem usage. It is moral imperialism that ACAMAC AristoAgon Martial Art man register with magistrates.

Martial Arts World Centrals and your CREATOR and legitime Sucesors and DIDACTIC Resources of ORIGINAL GENUINE Martial Arts ONLY
The unique website with ONLY True GENUINE ORIGINALS Martial Arts LINKS to Official World Centrals (The UNIQUE Site since 1999 Until 2002 in the World that help to the new Beginner in the Martial Arts with LIST of ONLY Links to World Centrals of GENUINE ORIGINAL Martial Arts ONLY
HISPANIC Countries HAPPY !!
Argentina still alive and growing is the mayor countrie over the world about number of MASTERs of Taekwon-Do EVEN that Korea !!!
Australia 4 MASTERs
UK 11 MASTERs
Korea 23 MASTERs
ARGENTINA 24 MASTERs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OnLine Verifiable -->
http://www.itf-generalchoi.com/masters.htm

ZIM
10-11-2003, 06:13 PM
There's gotta be some site where you can do this and print out a stoopit certificate... heck, I ought to do it... I'll make whole piles of change off'n it...

rogue
10-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Outofcontrol, yes. I a PIONNER of ACAMAC!
GLADIADOR UNIVERSAL ( EL CID CRUZADO Universal Gladiator Elite Program )
You can be part of the Elite Program of
GLADIADOR UNIVERSAL this is a world wide open Program for only a few limited number of PIONNERS of ACAMAC around the glove all members directly conected with the Universal Supreme Authoritie of AristoAgon BRUN ACAMAC based in the Kingdom of Spain , this entitle you to receive direct material from world central , learn in your own home until BLACK BELT 1° Degree , be the PÍONNER in your Area Official Recognized by World Central Certificates , earn the range of PIONNER in your Area , can open a PIONNER Center Authorized and earn up to US$15.00 Monthly fee of the 30.00 Monmthly Fee of each student (If not BLACK BELT in your Area , 99% Chances that NO BLACK BELT IN YOUR AREA BECAUSE IS A NEW SPANIARD MARTIAL ART CREATED IN 1990 , you can OPEN INSTANTLY a MARTIAL ART CENTER , can be earned not garanteed about US$3.000,00 MONTHLY if 240 Students or a bit less)
UNIVERSAL GLADIATOR are elegible to participate in demostrations or eventual futures tournaments if available in your Area .
GLADIADOR UNIVERSAL ( Universal Gladiator ) can have and have with direct contact with the World HeadQuarter (based in Kingdom of Spain Europe EU) from all countries worldwide (YOUR COUNTRY EU EUROPE , Japan ASIA , nez Zeland OCEANY , Libia AFRICA , AMERICA US Continental and satellites Hawai UK) and even World Central make arrangement for all the USA 50 States except TX and FL .
SUSCRIBE NOW --> (Copy and paste in field for note ; "for Universal Gladiator Elite Program")
AristoAgon BRUN ACAMAC Universal Union
EL CID CRUZADO GLADIADOR UNIVERSAL

Skummer
10-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Heh, this reminds me of a guy I used to work with. This guy claimed to have taken part in designing the stealth bomber (now working for $7 bucks an hour in security), and he claimed to have travelled all over china and visited the most ancient buddhist temples there. While in said temples he saw the "famous" 30' tall statue of Buddha carved from one piece of solid jade. He maintained the statue was over 6,000 years old.

So apparently the statue was made by a psychic who knew what buddha would look like a few thousand years before his birth..?
;)

ZIM
10-11-2003, 06:22 PM
You know him, too? I hate that guy. ;)

norther practitioner
10-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Thats cool, I met a guy downtown last week in a bar that told me if he told me what he invented the world "would never be the same." :rolleyes:

ZIM
10-11-2003, 06:31 PM
shhh...i told you NOT to talk about it...

David Jamieson
10-12-2003, 08:16 AM
I still get a kick out of that whole "registered deadly hands" stuff when people ask me about it or people make claims towards it.

total b.s of course.

so, if you don't practice anymore and you get all saggy are they still deadly? hee hee.

agree with the whole self importance purchase idea put forth by abel.

the seeds of stupidity are sown mostly by those who profit from the vegetables that arise. :D

cheers

old jong
10-12-2003, 09:08 AM
I guess TKD black belts should register their feet!...;) ...And BJJ guys their crotch!...:eek:

Vash
10-12-2003, 09:09 AM
My crotch is a registered deadly weapon Idaho :eek:

Imperial Dragon
10-12-2003, 09:33 AM
RD,

The only time that the institution of law cares if you are a black belt is in the court of law. They reconize that a person who takes a combat art also has a right to defend them selfs or others but can only use the force necessary to stop the conflict. If you mame or kill the person you and your training is considered then a weapon. There is no "registration" anywhere. It is best to either avoid conflict or keep your mouth shut about your training. Then you should be ok.

As far as having to go to another country to earn his 3rd and 4th black belt????? Karate in Thailand? Not likely, possible but not likely.

FatherDog
10-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Vash

Hell, my crotch is registered to vote.

Chang Style Novice
10-12-2003, 11:29 AM
...and the rest of him is registered with the ASPCA.;)

rubthebuddha
10-12-2003, 01:10 PM
except for those parts registered with nambla.

norther practitioner
10-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Vash

So your sayin' you got a vd....

Vash
10-12-2003, 06:07 PM
I have an inherent immunity to all VD.

Oh, and FD . . . My crotch is the soul dictator of the island of Poonani :eek:

:D

rogue
10-12-2003, 06:15 PM
I guess TKD black belts should register their feet!... ...And BJJ guys their crotch!... And WC guys could register their typing skills.:D

MonkeySlap Too
10-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Offer to spar with him. In a friendly, non-confrontational way.

Ray Pina
10-13-2003, 10:44 AM
No bull$hit, my father took me to city hall/ police headquarters, when I was like 10 or 11 to register my hands. I guess my teacher told him once I got my black belt I had too.

I look on the whole belt system as a joke. I wonder if there is still a file like that with my name on it. Wonder if that would ever come back to bight me in the a$$.

Which leads me to a good story ... new post.

Chang Style Novice
10-13-2003, 01:28 PM
I dunno - EF, maybe he wanted you to be too scared to pick fights out of fear that you might kill someone. You know, it might have been a scheme between him and the desk sarge to make sure you didn't start any schoolyard bully stuff with your krottie skillz.

Shaolin-Do
10-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Little E-fist was notorious around the playground for krotty chopping his playmates in the face.

Royal Dragon
10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
MS, I already talked to him about setting up some time to spar together, he's "Thinking" about it. He seems VERY confidant about himself, that's for sure. He's also quite convinced I dont' know what I'm getting myself into. I am wondering if I'm under-estimateing him.

Shaolin-Do
10-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I kick gnomes long distances at increadible rates of speed.