PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee convention

Yung Apprentice
10-11-2003, 04:44 PM
I just read the article on the Bruce Lee convention. Not one word was mentioned about Dan Inosanto. Why? Why did he not attend? Does he not get along with Linda or Shannon Lee?

old jong
10-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Bruce Lee eh?... (http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pictures/0288.gif)

David Jamieson
10-12-2003, 03:04 PM
he's that dead guy right?

Kristoffer
10-12-2003, 03:28 PM
lol @ old jong

planetwc
10-12-2003, 05:13 PM
That ought to be obvious.

Other than blood relation, what skill in Jun Fan JKD does Shannon have? How many decades has she been training and fighting?

It appears more about who controls the money flowing into the Lee Estate rather than about martial arts. That is all well and good from a protecting the rice bowl standpoint for the Lee bloodline, but does nothing to further non-classical ecletic martial arts.

Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
I just read the article on the Bruce Lee convention. Not one word was mentioned about Dan Inosanto. Why? Why did he not attend? Does he not get along with Linda or Shannon Lee?

Ikken Hisatsu
10-12-2003, 05:47 PM
so it was a bruce lee memorial.... yet there was no tournament or anything, hell they dont even mention if there was any demonstrations. just some speeches and keepsakes.

old jong
10-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Sometimes i wonder how Jackie Chan would name a style of his invention....Jeet Clown Do?...;)

brothernumber9
10-13-2003, 06:17 AM
I read the article and found it intersting also that Inosanto was not even mentioned or on the list they came up with. Perhaps there is some issue with Inosanto and Linda Lee or maybe with Inosanto and Ted Wong, seeing how Shannon trains with him and not Inosanto. Either that or Inosanto may have just purposely avoided the whole thing, perhaps seeing it as just a selling promotion, everything about just the Lee family and not necissarily about JKD. This foretells of a major split in JKD not just of the core and concepts people but of what could become "Dan's" group and "Linda's" group. What would be good is if the daughters of Inosanto, Lee, and Kimura's son all became friends to help settle things in the future. I must be trippin even thinking about this stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with me or any part of my training.

GeneChing
10-13-2003, 09:54 AM
I haven't interacted with the Lee family since 2000 for the Chinese Cultural Center event (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=280). Dan Inosanto was not there, but his daughter Diana was present.

Yung Apprentice
10-13-2003, 06:04 PM
So, maybe he just doesn't like showing up to these things?