PDA

View Full Version : First noble truth

Ray Pina
10-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Fine females look good fighting with knives on the big screen. I have a huuuuuuge hardon over Uma wearing a knife holster that wraps around her O so nicely.

Kill Bill = best MA movie ever!

I fell in love with Uma again when she told the little girl, "It was not my INTENTION to kill your mother in front of you."

In MA related news, E-Chuan is the best;)

apoweyn
10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
D-mmit. How about a spoiler warning, knucklehead! :)

There goes one surprise for tonights movie plans.

All life is suffering.

Stuart B.

dwid
10-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Kill Bill was awesome.

Even the animated part was really cool.

Looking forward to part 2 due out in February.

Black Jack
10-13-2003, 07:16 AM
It was a fun movie. I never understood the attraction to uma thurman. Something about her nose gives me nightmares where I wake up in cold sweats. Her ass is not bad but the grill still has some hamburgers left on it from last nights cookout.

MasterKiller
10-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Kill Bill was Tarrantino poorly imitating himself. If Vol. 2 pulls it together, then more power to him. But Vol. 1 was flawed on several levels.

KC Elbows
10-13-2003, 08:00 AM
One big plus for Kill Bill- Tarantino didn't cast himself in it. I can't stand when directors do that, including Hitch****. If you aren't an actor, get off the set.

MINOR SPOILER:

I liked Kill Bill. It was fun. At first, I was apprehensive, as there's a lot of cheesy seventies freezes where they'll superimpose people's code names and crap in front of them, but I actually grew to like his use of this, as it mitigated some really dark scenes well, imo.

Ray Pina
10-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Black Jack, I hear ya on the grill. I just got caught up on that view (from behind) of her walking up to the door with the knife holster. I noticed that right away.

I thought there were some good shots (the gun firing, the blue back lit screen, ect) and good use of old school movie sounds.

Did you notice the Venoms dub?

MonkeySlap Too
10-13-2003, 08:59 AM
Tarantino will be in Vol. 2 doing his best Bak Mei monk impression. Watch the trailer again...

Frankly I enjoyed it on the 12 year old - this a comnplete rehash of everything trashy and fun from the 70's level, but as a movie - I thought it sucked.

Pulp Fiction and Resivor dogs both had a certain visceral emotion about them and quirkiness that in Kill Bill seemed forced, two-dimensional or pointing at itself as if to say 'see this is clever.'

Which is really too bad, because I wanted to enjoy it, so I just chose a way to do just that. I hope it pulls together in vol. 2. I'm still rooting for the guy.

MasterKiller
10-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Gordon Lui plays Bak Mei, as well as the leader of the Black Mask gang.

PHILBERT
10-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Well, Pei Mei's voice is going to be played by Quentin Tarantino . I have no idea who Pei Mei is though cause I have yet to see the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/

Check it, first area shows all the movies he has "acted" in.

MonkeySlap Too
10-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Are you sure? Because that sure looked like Quentin to me.

FYI - I was the only person cheering when Sony Chiba and Gordon Liu's names came up. What is this world coming too?

GeneChing
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
... was seeing the SB logo on the big screen again. 'nuf said. ;)

Ray Pina
10-13-2003, 10:24 AM
****, I walked in like a minute late and missed that ... got held up in the car a second ... puff, puff.

Gene! Noticed your photo on page 41 ... what happened? I had you mistaken for a happy-go-lucky hippie ... you look like a ****ed-off fighter, a hurter or men.

Was it the company?