PDA

View Full Version : More bad news

count
10-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Xie Peiqi, teacher of baguazhang in the Yin Fu/Men Baozhen lineage, died (on or before) October 12, 2003, also in Beijing. Xie's student, He Jinbao, will continue teaching in PRC. He also has students in North America and Europe.

Condolences to the family friends and students.

BAI HE
10-13-2003, 04:55 PM
My deepest condolences as well. It seems stars are falling from the IMA sky this year.

Regards, Pete.

ddh
10-14-2003, 03:55 PM
He was a great man.:(

Wind&Mountain
10-14-2003, 04:54 PM
I am glad that Master Peiqi and Jinbao made a dvd series of the
Yin Style Bagua. Plum flower press is offering it. its a little expensive but worth it I think considering the source and who is on the DVD's.
I guess this will be the only reference material that we Yin style practitioners will have until He Jinbao decides to get over here to America and do some seminars. Videos can be good reference but they cannot replace the teacher.

My Sincerest condolences as well.
WindandMountain

count
10-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Dear ATS Friends,

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Dr. Xie Peiqi. He passed away on October 10th in the morning. Born in 1920, Dr. Xie was one of the last great practitioners of his time, a true representative of a traditional lineage in China.

Dr. Xie had been admitted to the hospital on September 25th for internal bleeding. He was stable and remained in the hospital for observation. I arrived in Beijing on the 5th of October and spent each day with him until he passed. On Thursday night, Dr. Xie had a second hemorrhage and died the following morning.

With his passing, a tremendous amount of support for the family came forward--old and new students from around China, the various martial arts associations in Beijing, and many of his friends and patients from over the years. At the funeral on Sunday the 12th, I represented the North American Yin Style Bagua Association, and Stephen Emmerson represented the European Yin Style Bagua Association. Both Associations presented flowers to the family on behalf of Dr. Xie's many students in Europe and the United States..

Up until Thursday evening, Dr. Xie was his old self, telling stories, singing, and generally doing all the things the doctor was famous for. We spent a great deal of time talking about his thoughts on the spread of Yin Style Bagua, and his visions for it once he was gone. Both as an organization and as an individual, I will do my best to respect his final wishes.

For those of you who would like to share your condolences with the family with a card, flowers, or otherwise, please email me at ats@traditionalstudies.org for information. I will also be discussing the erecting of a stele with the family when I return to Beijing in December. I will write more then on what kind of memorial is being set up in Dr. Xie's honor.

Over the next five years, ATS will be making available the large amounts of unreleased material we have featuring Dr. Xie. That he decided to come forward in the last 10 years of his life and document his knowledge openly is one of the greatest gifts he could have given to the present and the future. We will continue that gift by making as much material as possible available to the many people learning his art.

My best to all of you whose lives have been touched by one of the great lights of the traditional arts.

Best Regards,Andrew Nugent-Head