PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

Ryu
10-14-2001, 12:15 AM
Waiting for the wonderful girl I've told you all about to arrive from New York tonight.
Unfortunately I don't know the time or flight number :D (went with a University group)

Hope she's safe.

Oh, and what are the functional aspects of the bil jee from Wing Chun? Obviously it's realistic, but has anyone ever used it before?

(yeah that'll do)

Ryu

http://www.jkdu.co.za/pics/logos/jkduhpma1.gif

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

NorthernMantis
10-14-2001, 12:18 AM
I know how you feel man.Good luck.

Oh and uh I think it's a bong sao

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

Nexus
10-14-2001, 01:12 AM
In this life, albeit a strange one Ryu, spend less time counting the grass in the field and more time dancing in it.

Loving every minute of it..

- Nexus

Ryu
10-14-2001, 01:22 AM
Nexus,
Thanks. You're absolutely right.
:)

Last post of the night I think.
See you all later,

Ryu

http://www.jkdu.co.za/pics/logos/jkduhpma1.gif

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

JasBourne
10-14-2001, 01:23 AM
Anticipation is fun. Have a good time with your friend, Ryu :)

Bil jee? Most obvious is poking someone's eyes out. Most useful for face and throat targets, but there are other applications as well. Bil jee takes focus to master, you have to strike correctly or you can break your own fingers.

Here is a pic of incorrect bil jee:

http://threestooges.com/photos/images/28_jpg.jpg

Watchman
10-14-2001, 02:15 AM
Aside from the general characteristic striking techniques (ie. fingers, point of elbow, etc), Biu Tze's greatest value is it's use of the supporting body structures learned in the previous forms to develop "whipping power" and "peeling force".

As far as personal usage goes, the most dramatic application of Biu Tze that I used was in an altercation a little over two years ago. My opponent had caught me off guard and had just jab/crossed me in the mouth. Planting my foot as he pressed forward, I launched a Whipping Punch that wrapped around his lead arm and landed squarely under his nose.

The punch ripped him off his feet, knocked him out cold, and ruptured his mouth. I ended up driving him to the ER, where they put 46 stitches into his mouth, and I eventually ended up paying $800.00 for.

The "peeling force" movements (kup jarn/tan sau biu) I put into practice by regularly frustrating the clinching attempts of my BJJ/NHB buddy when we go the rounds.

P.S. I hope all goes well with her. ;)

BTW,

>>>Bil jee takes focus to master, you have to strike correctly or you can break your own fingers.<<<

Jas is correct. I broke the ring finger on my left hand on the orbital bone of a guy's eye socket a few years ago. :(

toddbringewatt
10-14-2001, 02:19 AM
What's the situation with this girl? Has she come around and ended it with her boyfried? I'm not up on the latest.

Good luck if I don't hear from you.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

Watchman
10-14-2001, 02:19 AM
You were asking about the technique, not the form. :rolleyes:

Oh well.