PDA

View Full Version : Self defense courses are on the rise!!!! TAKE ADVANTAGE!

The Willow Sword
10-08-2001, 10:59 PM
i have been reading in the news that self defense courses are on the rise in this country with the terrorist attacks and all. it would seem that in the plane hijackings two of them did not really make thier mark due to the fact that passengers chose to fight the terrorists. We now face an undaunting reality in this country. TERRORISM IS NOW HERE. and has been for some time, but this is the FAT cherry on the cake, so to speak. I have bropuoght it upon myself to offer simpole and effective self defense courses here in Taos and i would implore those teachers and fighters to do the same. Clinics seminars seperate to your martial arts training for those wishing to be able to defend themselves say "while seated" or "threatened in some way". lets not be passive in these times,,lets take control of our destinines and not let these religious fanatics take away ourt security. Forget all you know or think you know, all that you require is your ability to take charge.
thanks all for reading,,,,,Many Respects,,Willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

HuangKaiVun
10-11-2001, 08:02 PM
But when people actually realize that they have to TRAIN, the interest will fade back to normal levels.

soy
10-11-2001, 10:31 PM
Why must everyone try to capitalize on the situation? You're not gonna teach them anything of value unless they are dedicated to training, nutrition, etc..

JerryLove
10-12-2001, 02:59 AM
Well yea, if you are training prize fighters.

If you are training people to react to bad things in normal life, they can still succeed without changing their diet.

Martial arts training is a lot like computer training in terms of need to dedicate time, etc.

fmann
10-13-2001, 12:28 AM
Mos definitely, J.Love. "Self-Defense" is a different aspect of the martial arts. To know self-defense, a person need not be able to do a split, twirl a broadsword, or execute 5 fist forms.

The problem with most sheeple is that they tend to freeze up in the face of an attacker. The most important aspect of a self-defense course should be to overcome that initial shock and react appropriately.

soy
10-14-2001, 11:53 PM
Yeah.. I guess it wouldent hurt to train people how to throw a punch..

The Willow Sword
10-18-2001, 10:48 PM
i agree that we should capitolize on this. in a positive way. the positive way is evident to the subject at hand folks. TRAIN? well for the diehards such as ourselves we understand the nature of training. but to a 3 piece suit buisiness man ,,HIS training is different. or the humble housewife. Simple techniques are the key.
it does not take a mike tyson or a dan severen to deal with a violent situation now does it? but that is just surface level. if we as martial artists can influence these people then maybe we can bring them into the relm of training, Diet, Etc. more and more white collar folks are doing some sort of excersise, meditation, martial art. they seem to be the most stressed out people in the community. they are our main students in schools. anyway thought that i would reply to the replies. take care all.
Many Respects, Willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.