PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST got into a fight.

Oso
10-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Had to stop by the grocery store the other night after class.

I still had on my oh-so-cool judo gi pants with the extra knee fabric.

A couple of dudes were sitting in a car in front of the store and one of them let out with a 'hiyaaa!' as I walked by.

I looked at 'em real funny and kept walking.

Judge Pen
10-15-2003, 07:22 AM
:p

That happens all the time. Too funny Oso.

Oso
10-15-2003, 07:26 AM
honestly, the first impulse I had was to jump on the hood of their car and hit a Karate Kid crane stance.

that would have been too funny :D

shaolinarab
10-15-2003, 07:28 AM
ha. reminds me of the time we were practicing a staff form outside (chu chi gun se, jp), and a guy in a car just literally slams the brakes at a stop sign to open his door, jump out, and yell, "all right bruce lee!" to one student. then he hops right back in his car and speeds off. wtf?! :confused:

Shaolin-Do
10-15-2003, 07:37 AM
CPA and myself were practicing throws in the park the other day, and some tough guy sends his wife to ask us to stop.
Didnt want her kid to see that awful nonsense. And why on earth would we go to a PUBLIC PARK to practice?
:rolleyes:
I was nice last time. If anyone b!tches today, too f*ckin bad.

On another occasion, CPA and myself were drinking out in the country at some party. I was inside being force fed vodka by some country girls. CPA walks around the corner shaking a pheonix eye fist at me. "I gave him the pheonix eye fist"
"Eh? D@mmit. I didnt come here to fight ;)"
"hehehe"
Forgot what exactly happened after, but the dude that owned the house to me said something, and I got in his face and said "Dude, seriously. You dont want me to kick your @ss in your own kitchen."
he huffed and walked outside. We left... Drank more vodka and passed out.

Oso
10-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I hate it when country girls force feed me vodka:p

Judge Pen
10-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
I was inside being force fed vodka by some country girls.

Next time I expect you to put up a fight!

Shaolin-Do
10-15-2003, 08:41 AM
Wasnt really force fed.
They just kinda shoved the bottle in my face and said
"drink this"
"okay."
They were happy to see some good lookin city boys around. ;)
(Actually SA is like one big azz suburb...)

MasterKiller
10-15-2003, 08:47 AM
They were happy to see some good lookin city boys around. I bet. When did those guys show up? Were you already drunk by then? :D

Shaolin-Do
10-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Us city boys were indeed mildly drunk when we got there.
;)

I prefer the larger selection of wimmins here in town however.
:eek:

Kristoffer
10-15-2003, 10:08 AM
I feel uncomftorable (sp?) training in public. I usually hit some forrest or only do it in the dark. Hate when ppl just stands and stares at ya

Judge Pen
10-15-2003, 10:15 AM
I know what you mean. It's only a problem when I go on vacation. Then I try to get up early enough to go to the beach when there are fewer people out and then I go back after dark, but you can't avoid everyone.

Starchaser107
10-15-2003, 10:34 AM
getting into a fight over that would not have been worth it.
glad you made the right decision. It's just that some people are @ssholes and they like teasing others. It's no big deal, sometimes it feels like they should be taught a lesson, but , in the full picture it doesn't make sense to expend your energy and time over such stupidness.

rubthebuddha
10-15-2003, 11:41 AM
oso -- if those gi pants were the cause of this whole mess, you should have removed them and burned them on the spot. :mad:

Oso
10-15-2003, 12:28 PM
I know, next time I'll carry some lighter fluid and a lighter.

THEN I'll douse my pants, light 'em on fire, THEN jump on the hood of the car and strike my Ralph Macchio pose.

"Hiyaa this mutherfugger"

that'll be sweet...

yu shan
10-15-2003, 01:28 PM
ya ever notice how silly and boyish dudes act when their in a group... friggen grow up. Huh, if they only knew how close they came...must have been the laser eyes.

norther practitioner
10-15-2003, 01:33 PM
A swift side kick through the window could have solved it just the same...d :D

Yeah, I almost get in fights all the time, I'm just happy I have a decent temper...

rubthebuddha
10-15-2003, 01:37 PM
just make sure to remove your pants BEFORE you set them ablaze -- the fire can easily get out of hand, and no one likes the smell of a flaming jockstrap.

CaptinPickAxe
10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
I love throwing in public. People always stare but are too scurd to say anything. We found the perfect spot its like 3ft of wood chips. Problem is it doubles as a children's playground. So we have to use it @ wierd hours. Lately, we've been throwing down on a football field @ a middle school around SD's house. Its nothing like mats, but it'll make me hardcore as f*ck.

Kristoffer
10-15-2003, 02:31 PM
I notice that when I'm on vacation in some foreign country I can train anywhere at any time and not even think of ppl walking by. That's weird. Maybe it's that I feel that I'm completely unknown in that place you know

Starchaser107
10-15-2003, 02:37 PM
age makes me more self conscious where that is concerned.
but i understand what u mean.

rubthebuddha
10-15-2003, 03:08 PM
i enjoy practicing in the park and such, but not in a place at which people can interrupt me too easily. when i'm training, the last thing i want is to answer questions from some passerby for 15 minutes or even get distracted while i tell someone that i'm practicing and would not like to be disturbed -- most people get ****ed off if you don't answer all their questions anyway. i don't care about someone being upset, but i represent my school and, as the instructor that works with all our newest students, i have to put on a good face.

thus, if i'm practicing in a public area, i'll typically do so in a place that requries a little bit of work to reach -- most people get the hint.

norther practitioner
10-15-2003, 03:19 PM
I love going to the park to practice... depending on what I'm doing, will sometimes dictate where I end up in the park... I'm in the same boat as RTB... so I have to be cordial, however there is definitely times I'd rather not deal.

Shaolin-Do
10-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Theres lots of sexy wimmins out and about in colorado anyhoo.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-15-2003, 04:43 PM
I practice regular in the Park and really enjoy it.

Not really bothered about onlookers, most of them simply say aaahh, he is doing Tai Ji or similar.
A few times I had some people ask if they can train along or similar.

Tends to be very laid back over here with hardly anyone bothering you.

Shaolin-Do
10-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Nobody really focks with us either, unless theres kiddos about and sissy parents "dont want ther kids seeing that". :mad:

Bout to go throw in the park right now, as a matter of fact.
:)

Oso
10-15-2003, 08:15 PM
...must have been the laser eyes.

nope, it was the oso ojos

;)

just make sure to remove your pants BEFORE you set them ablaze -- the fire can easily get out of hand, and no one likes the smell of a flaming jockstrap

naa, it would lose all affect if I too them off.
It has to be the big, crazy looking white dude with the flaming gi pants in the crane stance on the hood of the car.

matter o' fact, bet my girl can photoshop the heck out of that image for me

how the heck else am I gonna get in the local paper?

;)

rubthebuddha
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
matter o' fact, bet my girl can photoshop the heck out of that image for me you're girl's so skilled, she can even make you look good. :D

besides, the last time you got into the paper, you had the entire kiwanis club AND the VFW up in arms -- be careful this time. :p

Serpent
10-15-2003, 09:15 PM
So the other day I'm hanging in the car with a couple of my bros and just shooting the sh!t and this guy walks by. He's dressed kinda casual with these strange, loose fit pants on. Anyway, as he's walking past he glances in the car window. I'm a polite guy, so I say, "Hiya!"

Next thing he's got this weird ass look on his face and he whips out this bottle of something and sprays it all over his pants, then he sets himself on fire! Then he leaps up on the hood of the car and starts leaping about on one leg like a flaming retard, denting the sh!t out of my hood and dripping molten jockstrap all over the paintwork.

WTF?!

Man, there's some weirdoes out there I tell ya!

joedoe
10-15-2003, 09:18 PM
LOL Serpent!!!!! Well done. But you forgot to mention how ugly the dude was :D

Serpent
10-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, he had a face like a bulldog licking p!ss off a nettle.

joedoe
10-15-2003, 09:36 PM
No dropped pies?
A head like a smacked arse?
A head like a deep sea racing mullett?

:D

Oso
10-15-2003, 09:45 PM
LOL !!

you're girl's so skilled, she can even make you look good.

besides, the last time you got into the paper, you had the entire kiwanis club AND the VFW up in arms -- be careful this time.

yep, she'll be my saving grace in my golden years, starting next week I think.

and don't forget the Moral Majority.

how do you guys know how ugly I am...oh, yea...The Website.:)

wait till the video hits in a week or so...you'll need a shot to get the ugly out ya !!!

joedoe
10-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Oso
LOL !!

yep, she'll be my saving grace in my golden years, starting next week I think.

and don't forget the Moral Majority.

how do you guys know how ugly I am...oh, yea...The Website.:)

wait till the video hits in a week or so...you'll need a shot to get the ugly out ya !!!

Nothing will get the ugly out of me ... I was born that way :D

Serpent
10-15-2003, 10:21 PM
LOL. There should be an Ugly Martial Artists Of The World Society!

UMAOW!

Oooooh mao mao!

SevenStar
10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
back in college, we used to train out on the soccer field. We used to get the "hiyaaa" and "wataaaa" crap all the time.

Starchaser107
10-16-2003, 10:52 AM
I always suspected you guys were ugly.

Oso
10-16-2003, 11:38 AM
...but it helps with the pre-match game face.

and it helped during 7 years as a bouncer.

Oso
10-16-2003, 08:36 PM
UNLESS someone can prove other wise I proclaim this the first almost thread.

It was just too sublime for most of you to pick up on.

Vyvial
10-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I think the moderator should put all the ALMOSTs into one thread and give you credit OSO.

Oso
10-16-2003, 08:44 PM
amen, brother.

and next time your on 6th drink one for me.

Oso
10-16-2003, 08:45 PM
amen, brother.
and next time you're on 6th, drink one for me.

Internal Boxer
10-17-2003, 05:36 AM
If you wear you Gi pants in public people will think you are making a statement, pracitally advertising that you are a tough guy so don't be suprised when people have a dig with the prospect of getting a reaction out of you.

I don't know what its like where you are from but down manchester if you are an adult walking around with GI pants its an open invitation to get you face smashed in.

Oso
10-17-2003, 06:23 AM
:confused:
:rolleyes:

where, I come from I work 9-10 hour days

train and/or teach 2-4 hours a night

have a life

so, yea, I'll attempt to save a little time by not changing clothes and just throw a normal shirt on over the pants and go about my business.

you, too, missed the point

Shaolin-Do
10-17-2003, 06:47 AM
f*ck it. No one really "wataaah" or "Hiyaaaa"'s when they see us throwing each other down... They usually just watch for a second and think twice about talking any sh!t.
Occasionally a couple people will stop to watch us practice SC down at the univeristy, all we usually get from them is
"D@mn those guys are hardcore."
:)

Vyvial
10-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Sometimes I come out of Ninja class after a long session of... well it's a secret but it makes me tired and I need to go to the store for milk or something and I'll wear my Ninja uniform. No one ever messes with me though cuz I'm invisible.

So you wear those gi pants!

yu shan
10-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Oso`s got a point, I work a full time day job (pays the bills) lift weights (2nd job) LOL, teach Gong Fu at night and weekend`s. Whether, I`m in Florida training or Tennessee, people are use to seeing me in my gong-fu clothes. It`s what I`m use to being in for almost 30 years. I don`t even think about it. It amuses me these insecure ***g its.

IB

I`ve walked the streets of Chicago, NY, ATL, and never had anyone f*ck with me. Is your M City that tough? Good Football though!

Internal Boxer
10-18-2003, 03:00 AM
???? Take too much time???? WTF. All you have to do is slip a pair of training bottoms on takes about 15-30 secs, wow thats a hell of a long time!!

I actually know one or two people who wear their Gi pants outside on their way training or going home, they love the image of being a martial artist, where that is what they want to be identified as.

Its more to do with their insecurity in wanting an identity, to feel a part of something, they want everyone to know they study a "Martial Awrt". Some places I have worked, there are people that tell everyone they study an MA and how leathally deadly their master is etc.

This is really a problem in the Traditional Martial Arts as it tends to attract these types. I am not saying you are one of those types I am just saying from my experience people who walk around with their Gi, kung-fu suits are a bit sad where actual fighting ability is often confused with the image, tradition, rituals etc. Take the semi contact slap tag crap, this is gives the practioner a false sense of security, yet it is a big part of many an MA scene. Because people doing this think they are doing a fighting art but they ain't.

But the problem is no one will admit it to themselves, because they see all the additional stuff uniforms, tradition, ritual as part of the art. But this needs to be stripped down the the core principles and this should be the focus (aliveness), where performance in the art is paramount, as with Matt Thornton's philosophy.

No doubt my post will pi.ss people off but they should try entering some MMA tournies and see how they fare against more rounded fighter (ie. ability in all fighting ranges)

Oso
10-19-2003, 03:31 PM
I am just saying from my experience