PDA

View Full Version : When confronted---Heart or skill is more important?

umgong
11-01-2001, 10:35 PM
When called upon to defend yourself or another...which would you rather have?

Being good in your school's techniques?

or having the heart to stand up against an opponent and fight?

and why do you feel that way?

:) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Slayer
11-01-2001, 11:27 PM
Heart is the most important, whats skills use if you don't have the testicals to fight?

Slayer

"I never let me schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain

CanadianBadAss
11-02-2001, 02:38 AM
If you have the heart but no techniqal skill you might get your balls ripped off. Then you won't have either...

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

Budokan
11-04-2001, 05:59 AM
Heart. Why? Because as we've tried to enlighten so many others, it's the person, not the style, that counts.

Plenty of non-martial artists kick the living pigsnot out of high ranked MA all the time.

It's not the style. It's how bad you want to win. And that's HEART. ;)

K. Mark Hoover

joedoe
11-04-2001, 07:41 AM
Without a doubt heart is the more important. Without intent, all the skill in the world will not do you any good.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

BAI HE
11-04-2001, 02:26 PM
Spirit first technique second.

- Gichin Fukanoshi

honorisc
11-04-2001, 04:29 PM
The Schools' techniques impart a Spirit, a character to the student. Do the techniques. When you've Learned the techniques, all else~ falls into place.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

LEGEND
11-04-2001, 05:46 PM
Simplify it...Vince Lombardi...WINNING IS EVERYTHING...and when working out...lacking motivation think DAN GABLE...imagine what u're opponent is doing right now...now train harder than him. Sometimes due to work, girls, social or others we don't train as hard...well imagine your ass beaten down...now imagine u beating down the other guy...what spot u rather be in!?

A

nobody
11-04-2001, 11:05 PM
however, another question would be, is one born with heart, or can one gain it, and if so how?
kind of makes ya think dont it ;)

HuangKaiVun
11-05-2001, 03:38 AM
Far more important than heart or skill: BRAIN.

Martial Joe
11-05-2001, 04:41 AM
Good one badass...I laughed...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Bad Karma
11-05-2001, 02:55 PM
Heart is instrumental, but of course one can do only so much without any skills. I think sgt. Hartman put it perfectly in Full Metal Jacket:

"It is your killer instinct which must be
harnessed if you expect to survive in combat.
Your rifle is only a tool; it is a hard heart that
kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and
strong, you will hesitate at the moment of truth.
You will not kill. You will become dead Marines
and then you will be in a world of **** because
Marines are not allowed to die without permission;
you are government property!"

--
BK

The Willow Sword
11-05-2001, 08:20 PM
no heart no "skills" no nothing,,,just survival. you ought not think about it at the time. what you prepare for is Death,,what you spiritually temper yourself to be is humble. these two principles should not confuse what the intent of the situation is,,which is "survival" the tiger does not think nor does he question himself,,,he Reacts or he doesnt,,he fights or flees,,,he devours or spares. this is simple to understand for what one intent that means to harm, another intent means to survive. does this make sense to any of you?
Many Respects, Willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.