PDA

View Full Version : Fighting without fighting philosophy?

umgong
11-02-2001, 04:11 AM
How many of you subscribe to the "Fighting without fighting" method of m.a. when confronted or when you see things developing the wrong way?

"Beat feet" is one of the most famous techniques of this way of fighting. Can you name some of the other techniques that fit in this style?

Budokan
11-04-2001, 06:01 AM
:rolleyes:

You don't need a 'philosophy' to fight to protect your life--unless you're a total fuggin' loser anyway.

K. Mark Hoover

curtis
11-04-2001, 11:49 AM
You must choose your battles, true enough , you do not need to have philosophy to defend yourself, but if the do not understand the purposes and reasonings of philosophy you will never be well rounded in the arts.

I am not sure of your quote about the feet. Except unless you mean, if I cannot out fight you, I can always out run you.

There are many quotes by like to use involving the arts, but the one I use the most involving confrontation is, I would rather be tried by 12, then carried by 6.

"If I have to fight, I will win." (Socrates) Is another.

Fighting his life or death, for me. It is not a game! I will win, even if it means dying in the process.
You can see, most people on this forum think of fighting as a game. Fighting is not sparring, it is not training, and it is not the arts. Fighting is survival. And should only be done in a life threatening situation where there are no other options open to you.
Just a few thoughts.
Sincerely C.A.G.

Tigerdragon
11-06-2001, 10:29 AM
I think it is more of an aspect of self defense then anything else.

Fighting without fighting is another way of saying "taking control of the situation through psychological means." If you can use psychology to manipulate the situation and convince the other pserson that itss no good to fight then you have won.

Just my thoughts

Assumption is the mother of tragedy. Just keep and open mind and be ready

curtis
11-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Thats it! THANK YOU!!!
C.A.G.