PDA

View Full Version : What are we doing?

Vyvial
10-16-2003, 08:39 PM
KC Elbows spends waaaay to much time on this board and hanging out with his kid. He also has a thing for opium. Maybe he should do kung fu more?

--the dude who started this thread

this edited version suites the thread better.

:eek:

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-16-2003, 08:45 PM
For me sparetime at the office and getting some laughs from peoples posts on here. ;)

Found KFO because it was mentioned on another board.

For style related discussions I visit my Sifu's BBS(restricted) and speak to him and fellow students, no off-topic chat there(that's what KFM is for).
;)

Why do I still come here, because there are a few posters here that make good and valid contributions to MA discussions.

shaolin kungfu
10-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Like me?

ok, i know i dont contribute much.

Anyways, im usually on here really late, like 3:00 or 4:00 am, so its really the only thing there is to do.

Serpent
10-16-2003, 09:42 PM
I only post during work hours.

;)

Vyvial
10-16-2003, 09:45 PM
So you get paid to be here! That's pretty cool

Serpent
10-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Yes it is!

:)

blooming lotus
10-16-2003, 10:31 PM
You're right dude and you know the "real " world people just dont get stuff on the level that other practictioners do and this is so truly a good place where we can come for any type of ma, health or fitness related info..for god sakes..they even do philoshies..which average joe is just clueless about. its comforting for me to know, that I have a network of like minded ma folk to share and receive information with.. doing it this way is easy access, not too heavy commitment and every now and then, more often than not , you pull some seriously useful perspective, information ( not to mention all those seriosly inspirational demos( lol)) from all levels of training. I like that alot

Serpent
10-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

SifuAbel
10-16-2003, 11:25 PM
And I thought internet was restricted in china.

I guess we're one of those "low security risks".

David Jamieson
10-17-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm a 15 year old (at heart) and i've read all Bruce's books

what's it to ya?:mad:

why are you asking us anyway? you post here too.
this is a like minded community, well, except for a percentage i don't want to mention of crazy people, office spacers, malcontents, ingrates, trolls, braggers, empty challengers and "other".

which leaves a relatively small percentage of "contributors".
and even then, sometimes the contributors fit in well with the other percentage :D

then there's the flan crowd, the ralek chasers, the gun nuts, the knife nuts, the stick nuts, and those who are happy that the word "nuts" is not censored.

so, life is like a kungfumagazine forum, you never know what your going to get.

cheers

Vyvial
10-17-2003, 05:31 AM
it's really a comment on myself posting here too much but I would like to see what people benefit for themselves, by posting on here.

apoweyn
10-17-2003, 06:14 AM
Stuck at work. Discussing martial arts is better than working. That's all.

I don't read or post from home. And I virtually never visit KFM on the weekends.

Strictly office escapism. (Besides, the hamster in my home modem gets tired very easily.)

Stuart B.

Suntzu
10-17-2003, 06:15 AM
apparently i get paid to post here...
but I would like to see what people benefit for themselves, by posting on here. not much.... but i met some cool folks thru here....

Volcano Admim
10-17-2003, 06:15 AM
The dude that started this does have a point u know
You peeps could be training now

There are exepctions of course, like Serpent who gets paid or other dudes who are working while posting and so on.

Me?
I dont train anymore
I just come here for a couple o laughs, i post for the fun, i post when i want to
BUT i do it only when i got no better to do of course, or else i rather spend time with peeps from uni, watching movies (none good on the cinema this weekend fock) and so on.
I also post here while downloading music (i love music) and other stuff
I also post cos the moderation/administration local board loves me with all their heart

KC Elbows
10-17-2003, 06:48 AM
What always cracks me up is the criticism is always that posting means you're taking away from training time.

For the record, posting has not taken away from my training time. Just from my time with my autistic child. I mean, sure, that's how he got all those burns from the waffle iron, but hell, my dad never watched me, and I was never so stupid.

Thanks for focusing on the important issue. People who do anything instead of training are big stupid losers, just like my autistic son.

apoweyn
10-17-2003, 06:55 AM
VA,

No genius. I couldn't. I'm at work. Many of us are.

Now you. You could be training right now. If you trained at all.

Oso
10-17-2003, 07:02 AM
I started reading here to gain more info on praying mantis.
then, I realized that martial arts is not the most important thing.
a high post count is the most important thing.

Suntzu
10-17-2003, 07:25 AM
but I would like to see what people benefit for themselves, by posting on here. i don't think the boos would like me kicking and throwing around the employees....... even tho i would enjoy it........ very much.... especially this lil midget rat bastid over here......

Shaolin-Do
10-17-2003, 07:25 AM
"a high post count is the most important thing."

*Grinds oso's post count into the dirt with his heel, and commences to spit on it viciously.*

:D

I get paid to do this. And I come home late and stoned lots and dont have cable in the bedroom, so I check up on here. + I like to pizz off serpent by saying its time for me to pass out.
;)
So... Could be spent training? If I felt like training stoned at 1 AM. Which I never do. Cant train here. (Occasional breathing excersises and horse stances)

KC Elbows
10-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Guys, he's right. We're wasting our training time, we'll never become masters this way. After all, when Yip Man had his problem with opium, he would have some opium, then jump right up and do sil lum tao, no problem.

What this thread is telling me is that I'm a third of the way there: I'm not wasting time on my autistic son, now if I just quit the forums and smoke opium, I'll be okay.

Judge Pen
10-17-2003, 07:30 AM
Office work gets old. These keeps it interesting.

Opiuim. GrandMaster Ie liked to chase the dragon, too. Maybe we're on to something here. SD (the guy not the style) may be closer to true martial intent then we all thought.

Suntzu
10-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Guys, he's right. We're wasting our training time, we'll never become masters this way. you're right..... *tosses midget dude on his head* *kicks overly happy admin in the belly* *collects pink slip*............. HAPPY TRAINING!!!!

Shaolin-Do
10-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Opium eh? I must be on my way then. Havent touched that stuff in years.
Dont really care for the feeling, and I dont like to smoke poison.
On top of that, it smells like p!ss and spay paint. That sh!t really f*cks you up tho...
I prefer my nice gentle herbs. :)

Volcano Admim
10-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by apoweyn
VA,

No genius. I couldn't. I'm at work. Many of us are.

Now you. You could be training right now. If you trained at all.

U blind crack smokin fa.ggyt,
pay attention, shyt eater
it says on my post: "There are exepctions of course, like Serpent who gets paid or other dudes who are working while posting and so on."

maggot eating *****, never disrepeck me again :mad:

now get back to your mens-thigh-grabbing games before i really flip out

Tak
10-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm another workday poster. They look at me funny when I practice xiao kai men in the office, plus they make fun of my terrible drop stance.

Judge Pen
10-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do

Dont really care for the feeling, and I dont like to smoke poison.

:D Yet you'll drink it (plus you still smoke cigs from time to time, right?)

Starchaser107
10-17-2003, 12:41 PM
I am a computer program , I own you all:o

SevenStar
10-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Volcano Admim

There are exepctions of course, like Serpent who gets paid or other dudes who are working while posting and so on.

Me?
I dont train anymore
I just come here for a couple o laughs, i post for the fun, i post when i want to
BUT i do it only when i got no better to do of course, or else i rather spend time with peeps from uni, watching movies (none good on the cinema this weekend fock) and so on.
I also post here while downloading music (i love music) and other stuff
I also post cos the moderation/administration local board loves me with all their heart

Notice no mention of ladies... this boy will never get laid at this rate...

I usually post from work, or late at night, as I don't sleep much.

Volcano Admim
10-17-2003, 01:44 PM
actually dude, when i saying peeps from uni, course it includes ladies. on veterinary theres much more ladies than dudes
so i took the time and calculated while i hang out with almost 10 females i hang out with like 5 or 6 males
THOUGH it is fact, most those ladies have dudes already

so u cant use that argument against me beatch, have more respect, u disrespecktor

Water Dragon
10-17-2003, 01:46 PM
lol. Volcano Admin forgot his MO and wrote 2 comprehensible posts.

Volcano Admim
10-17-2003, 01:52 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Starchaser107
10-17-2003, 01:56 PM
volcano is your king.
pay him your respect or pay him your life.:cool:

Vyvial
10-17-2003, 08:30 PM
This thread got even dumber than I could imagine, sorry my fault. I redited my first post to suit it better.

Kristoffer
10-18-2003, 05:20 AM
I don't watch much tv. So when I'm home from training being all tired as hell this place is good for some laughes.