PDA

View Full Version : Who on here Likes 1970 s Kung Fu Movies Does anybody know any with Wing Chun in Them

FIRE HAWK
10-18-2003, 01:19 AM
I have been buying lots of Kung Fu movies alot lately , I have about 89 of them there are about five of them with Wing Chun in them . Anybody know of kung fu movies with Wing Chun in them ?

planetwc
10-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Prodigal Son
Warriors Two
Wing Chun
Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story

Temujinn
10-18-2003, 02:41 AM
from the sevneties I cant think of any with WingChun, love the flics though.
Seven Deadly Venoms is one of my Favorites.

Vyvial
10-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Dirty Ho is very WC theory heavy, lots of hidden energy, hiding one's kung fu, centerline and forward presure (remember the wine glass scene) and lots more, one of my fav all time kung fu movies alongside prodigal son

Temujinn
10-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Dirty Ho, is awesome, I totally forgot about that movie.
I have only a couple.
Gordon Liu stuff, Masterkiller, and Drunken Monk.

chen zhen
10-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Dirty Ho
:D

gotta se that one

Kristoffer
10-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Dirty Ho is very WC theory heavy, lots of hidden energy, hiding one's kung fu, centerline and forward presure (remember the wine glass scene) and lots more, one of my fav all time kung fu movies alongside prodigal son

LMFAO :D I think I've seen this one

Vyvial
10-19-2003, 06:33 AM
it's just kinds weird when you bring a special lady home to watch movies and they look through your DVD collection and come across Dirty Ho. Like they believe you when you say it's not that kinda film.

PHILBERT
10-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Descendents of Wing Chun

brothernumber9
10-21-2003, 12:56 PM
just get most any movie with Ti Lung in it, he most often does wing chun. Nort vs South Shaolin with some of the 5 deadly venom actors has a wing chun guy in it (or so he is supposed to be).

I got a movie from my friend, I think it was one of those Wu Tang Clan re releases, the actual title reads : "Pimps, Ho's, and the Wu Tang Scrilla"
no joke

RTR
10-22-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by brothernumber9
just get most any movie with Ti Lung in it, he most often does wing chun. Nort vs South Shaolin with some of the 5 deadly venom actors has a wing chun guy in it (or so he is supposed to be).

I got a movie from my friend, I think it was one of those Wu Tang Clan re releases, the actual title reads : "Pimps, Ho's, and the Wu Tang Scrilla"
no joke

Actually my Wing Chun Brother Ti Lung is a CRANE stylist, his sigung being a friend of Sigung Lo Man Kam..............look up the art as there are many crane styles, but "this one not being" White Crane......... RTR

brothernumber9
10-22-2003, 02:02 PM
my bad I thought I had read from Rick Meyer somewhere that he did wing tsun, guess I couldn't be more wrong. In that case I don't know any good wing tsun movies. I think though in a movie titled in english as "shaolin superfighter" Where this guy goes around carying a sign on his shoulder that says he has the cure for bad kung fu, then proceeds to beat up teachers and force them to close. One of the teahers students split up and vow to return in 3 yrs to avenge thier teachers defeat. One guy learns from a fisherman who seems to do wing tsun, but I haven't seen it in a while so I could be mistaken again.

RTR
10-23-2003, 01:25 AM
Hmmmmm, could it be that there is some truth to the ........ Crane and Fox or is it Crane and Snake.....perhaps this reputable actor has surely trained in Wing Chun "Refer back to my last text"........that Crane system im speaking of surely looks a lot like Wing Chun......oh well I am surely not here with a big mouth, but with the fact of matters, have a great day all..........Im sure that Ric Meyer is a fine journalist, but even I can write a column thats in error.....:D

SimonW
10-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Easy

1. Prodigal Son
2. Warriors Two
3. Descendants of Wing Chun
4. Shaolin Temple (Chang Cheh Shaw Bros version)
5. Invincible Shaolin (very accurate WC forms)
6. Stranger From Shaolin (haven't seen this one myself)
7. Gambling Ghost (the end fight is WC vs Hung Gar)
8. Rumble In The Bronx (the dummy sequence and some techniques in the fights)
9. Gorgeous (again some snippets of dummy training)
10. The Kung Fu Master
11. Drunken Master 2 (the short fight between Lau Gar-leung and Ti Lung)
12. Shaolin Martial Arts (Shaw Bros)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Train
10-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Simon, you missed one :)

Tiger On Beat (Dik Lung and Canon Lee had a short fight scene)

Peace Out

Shaolin Dude
10-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by EmptyCup
There's this movie made in the lates 80s (or might be early...VERY early 90s) with that moustached bak mei guy from Prodigal Son. In this movie he has short hair and he's a good guy and wears a red jacket I believe. There's a scene in it where he fights a white girl in water and uses a sh!tload of wing chun moves much better executed than the wing chun in Prodigal Son and fluid and not choppy. Hands seem more like HK VT hands as well. I distinctly remember many pak saus and tan saus. The movie is set in modern times and it's some action movie.

Anybody know the name of this movie (chinese or english)?

this one? http://www.hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=7586&display_set=eng

PAK_SAO
10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Well this isn't a 1970's movie I think it came out in 1997 or 2000 it's called "The Circuit 2" It's about prison fighting and there is a scene with Master Joe Sayah fighting a guy using Wing Chun. and there are other references to Wing Chun in the movie as well. (wooden dummy, Wing Chun School).

Phil Redmond
10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
The Circuit 2 was done in 2002. I use the link below to find movie info.
http://www.imdb.com

Shaolin Dude
10-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by EmptyCup
there's no pics or screen shots but i think this is the one!!! I recall Leon Lai in it too and that Prodigal Son guy is listed as well.

I'm impressed!

Would you happen to know who the Prodigal Son guy learned wing chun from?

I don't know

Phil Redmond
10-28-2003, 08:32 AM
If you have seen the WSL tape called "The Science of Infighting" there is a short fight scence at the beginning that uses WC. The guy that uses WC in that segment is also in "The Prodigal Son" and "Warriors Two" I don't remember his name but he is a WC Sifu. In fact he taught Benny Meng form what I've heard. I would think he had some input in both movies. Does anyone here know his name?

SimonW
10-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Sure Phil, it's Lee Hoi-san. He's a student of Jiu Wan.

Jim Roselando
10-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Hello,

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but I have about 10 plus hours (the entire series) of some Chinese soap opera about Leung Jan. Not sure if its still available but its worth adding to your collection. I need to double check the name when I go home tonight!

Regards,

Phil Redmond
10-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Once Upon A Time In China & America is another one.

Chango
10-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Hello gents,
In 1999 I had the pleasure of eating with and briefly train SNT with Lee Hoi-San! He was in amazing shape! He's been acting since I was kid but he moved like a 20 year-old! He has great skill and knowlege in WCK.

C.Noaks