PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing threatening body language

phantom
11-07-2001, 08:32 PM
Does anybody know of any kind of body language that a potential attacker could make towards you so that you can take the hint and avoid the attack before it actually happens? Thanks in advance.

Budokan
11-07-2001, 08:46 PM
There are almost too many to enumerate. Just use your instinct. More often than not your fight/flight reflex will serve you well enough.

K. Mark Hoover

ewallace
11-08-2001, 12:24 AM
If a person focuses on a certain part of your body for more than a couple seconds, and then focuses on the ground or begins to turn away, an ambush may well be on the way. Not 100% of the time, but somthing to look for.

Victory goes to he who makes the next-to-last mistake.

taijiquan_student
11-08-2001, 01:26 AM
If someone has their hands (relatively) loose at their sides, but is talking **** and running their mouth, talking about how they'll kick your ass, or just being ****ed, chances are they won't fight (unless you start one).
But if they're threatening you or talking smack and go up on the balls of their feet like a boxer, or clench their fists at the sides, or put their hands up in some way, there might be trouble.

"Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

straight blast
11-08-2001, 02:49 AM
Hehehe...My favourite is one of the most common "bully" tactics. You know when you're walking down a corridor and someone walks by & "accidentally" smacks into your shoulder? A pattern I've found is that they tend to match their steps to yours. As they come in for the shoulder barge all you do is pull your rear leg behind your lead leg and sidestep a little, and they go flying through the air where you used to be. Usually they go a** over and land on their face. I went over to the dude and picked him up (in front of lots of people) and asked him if he was ok, was he feeling dizzy, did this happen often, etc. It was so ****ed funny! :D

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

Castlevania
11-08-2001, 10:23 PM
There is a good site on self-defense tips,I´m don´t remeber if it had anything on body language,but I hope so.
selfdefensenow.com