PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ross: Re: USKBA event

Khun Kao Charuad
10-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey, Dave!!!!

This is Brooks. I just wanted to let you know that ONE SPIRIT MARTIAL ARTS is fielding a team for the USKBA San Da event on Nov. 8th.

I am placing the fighters applications and checks in the mail on Monday, but I wanted to give a "heads up" so that matches can be arranged.

Jeff Ruth (175-180lbs) has only had one San Shou match, but approximately 20 boxing, MMA, and Kickboxing matches in total.

Leonard Smith (235-240lbs) has never fought.

I'm not sure if you need any other info to get started. Contact me at khun.kao@verizon.net if needed!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooks (Khun Kao)

lkfmdc
10-20-2003, 09:15 AM
North American San Da Championships
Sponsored in part by Viper Fight Wear
www.ViperFightWear.com
November 8, 2003
RexPlex Sports Complex
Elizabeth NJ

All information including registration forms can be found at
http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/championship.html

Because of numerous requests, we will extend the pre-registration dead line. You MUST drop your registration in the mail by WEDNESDAY 10/22.

Pre Registration as of Monday morning
http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/athletelist.html

From what you list of your team
B Division
Leonard Smith will fight Nathan Dolk

Jeff should probably try to make 176 lbs and he could fight A or B...

However, we have NOT received this morning's mail yet and we are also expecting today an expanded list from FOREIGN teams...

norther practitioner
10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
However, we have NOT received this morning's mail yet and we are also expecting today an expanded list from FOREIGN teams...

Foreign... word, right on, sounds like it'll turn into a huge event. How many fighters are you expecting.

lkfmdc
10-20-2003, 12:47 PM
We have 45 pre registered right now, and we usually get 2 times pre registered at the door.....

Khun Kao Charuad
10-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I've gotten our registrations shipped out via UPS Next Day Air, today! I will let Jeff know about the weight suggestion.

See you on Nov 8th!!!!!!!

Brooks (Khun Kao)

norther practitioner
10-20-2003, 03:12 PM
So, say for arguments sake.. you get like 150 fighters.... would that be the biggest sans shou event, numbers wise in the US to date?

lkfmdc
10-20-2003, 03:14 PM
150 adults would probably be the largest event in the US, other than the worlds which were held in Baltimore in 1995...

Arnold Classic last year in Ohio had around 150 including kids' divisions....

norther practitioner
10-20-2003, 03:16 PM
other than the worlds which were held in Baltimore in 1995...

IWuF right?

wow, I didn't realize The Arnold Classic had that big of a turnout...

lkfmdc
10-20-2003, 05:27 PM
In terms of participation by the ENTIRE US San Shou community (all original big 6) and some of the best super fights EVER, Arnold should have been a great moment in San Shou history

Instead, we got treated like crap

Read below

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/aboc.html

I doubt we will EVER support that event again after the treatment we received

SifuAbel
10-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Well, thats what you get for alienating the rest of the TMA world.

:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
10-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Oh come on cranky old man Abel, even YOU know it's not right to take someone's money to enter your competition and then treat you like crap... not to mention I doubt you are very fond of the tin foil weapon crowd either....

SifuAbel
10-21-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
not to mention I doubt you are very fond of the tin foil weapon crowd either....

Nope, never was, We use combat steel.

I'm no stranger to that kind of behavior. Karate tournies tend to favor the karate people. It took a lot of pressing for them to drop that "soft style" crap from their vocabulary. Being that we didn't invent the term to begin with.

But hey, you can't plead innocent, you have publicly denounced these people so you can't expect to be treated well.

Khun Kao Charuad
10-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Ok, now getting back on topic...

Maybe I'm being retarded (quite possible) but I have been unable to locate the information regarding where and what time fighters are expected to report, and how much the admission fee is to the event.

Am I overlooking something?

Help a poor, blind, punchdrunken fool out.... (LOL)

Brooks (Khun Kao)

Khun Kao Charuad
10-21-2003, 11:33 AM
oops, I think I found the link I was looking for...

kindly disregard my prattling above...

lkfmdc
10-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Brooks, when you go to our page

the words with the little lines under neath them are called LINKS

use the mouse to make the arrow point to them, then CLICK

it's really easy :p