PDA

View Full Version : Strategy---open air or closed?

umgong
11-09-2001, 04:43 AM
A while ago, we used to try to figure out which was the better way to fight multiple opponents....either to move out into the open where you try to spread your opponents out so that you don't let them gang up on you.
Or you got your back near a wall so they couldn't attack from your rear.

In your style of m.a., what does your style prefer?

Please let us know which style you prefer to use and what choice is better and why?

Nutt'nhunny
11-09-2001, 06:23 AM
I would absolutely hate to be in a corner getting the crap kicked out of me. At least on a field you are out in the open so someone like a cop might come to your aid, or if you can make it to public, they may not pursue you. I would prefer long range, and put one into the others and run.

JerryLove
11-09-2001, 07:53 AM
Move with your back to a wall?

Not having someoen behing you is important, and staying mobile is important too.

http://www.clearsilat.com

Tigerdragon
11-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Having your back to the wall is a very bad thing. While, yes, it will prevent anyone from coming up behind you, however, it will seriously cut down your mobility and completly cut off aboiut 170 degrees of possible escape routes. To me this is very dangerous.

The key is to stay in the open and move constantly. You must stay aware of your surroundings. That way it will be very difficult for someone to sneak up on you.

Assumption is the mother of tragedy. Just keep and open mind and be ready

curtis
11-10-2001, 03:07 AM
I prefer to shield concept. (I really don't know the name, but that's what I call it)
the idea is to maintain an opponent between you and the others as a shield. If there are three opponents, you can move to either left or right side, want is important is to never let an attackers have access to your back. So you do not want to normally attack up the middle.
Although multiple attacker's may be dangerous, most people have never been taught to attack in groups, I find it very easy to confuse and disrupt multiple opponent's. In training.
But in real life, they are no rules, it is life or death. You must be willing to strike an opponent with the intent to kill/mamie the attacker's (strikes to the throat, or eyes would be suggested.) multiple attacker's are nasty. You must hit and run, when the opportunity arises get the ...... out of their!
C.A.G.

mwatson
11-10-2001, 04:46 AM
In the Jail where I work at, an inmate had recieved a huge amount of commensary(candy bars,cokes,cookies,..etc). A gang of inmates that were trying to run the cell block figured they would gang him and take his comminsary. Up near the front of the cell block is the restrooms. The area is only big enough for one person to fit.The inmate with the commensary ran to the restroom and backed himself against the wall. The gang of inmates could only reach him one at a time. He just stood there and KO'd them one at a time. When we got there there was 5 inmates laid out and him still standing over that bag of comminsary. In this situation backing up against a wall(plus being in an area that only allowed one man through at a time) gave him an advantage, better than the open.One thing he had going for him was that he was a preficient boxer and knew how to throw a punch. :eek: :D