PDA

View Full Version : Chenyu Chen ZhaoKui Taijiquan VCDs

Mo Ling
10-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Chen Yu, son of Chen ZhaoKui, Chen Taijiquan VCDs are now available. This video footage is long awaited and very informative showing High level Chen Taijiquan and the Chen ZhaoKui Lineage gongfu in many live and unchoreographed applications as well as forms. You can find out more information at:
www.taijigongfu.com/products.html
If you are intereested in buying these VCDs, contact the Beijing Chen ZhaoKui Martial Arts Research Association through
www.taijigongfu.com.
Thanks
Moling

Mo Ling
10-24-2003, 09:39 AM
BTTT

froggy
10-24-2003, 03:29 PM
These DVDs are just too expensive. No one will buy them when we can get what is out there already for $8.

Mo Ling
10-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey be my guest, buy whatever you can find out there for $8. Certainly no one is stopping you. These disks are not sold in stores anywhere. I am shipping them from China. They are made by my teacher. If you have no special interest in Chen taijiquan perhaps you dont need them and you can be happy with the garden variety $8 disk. But if you know something about Chen taijiquan perhaps you have heard of my teachers father, Chen ZhaoKui. If you want to see something special coming from the Chen family line these are suitable for you.

There is lots of stuff out there, but nothing like what is on these disks as far as Chen gongfu goes. The things that are shown on these disks are worth a lot more than $8, and a lot more than the price that is listed as well. As far as I am concerned it is priceless. If the price is beyond your level of interest, then certainly you should not buy it. I am not in this to make money so it is alll the same to me. I would prefer that these disks go to people who have serious interest, as the quantity is also limited.
thanks,
M

www.taijigongfu.com

froggy
10-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Famous masters here:
http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/store/storeVCDtjq.html#Zhai%20Weichuan:%20Wu%20(Yuxiang) %20Style%20Taijiquan%20set%20of%20VCDs:

and also here:
http://www.cmaod.org/

Chen Jin Cai, Chen Zheng Lei.. etc....

Mo Ling
10-26-2003, 09:46 PM
well, Cheap VCD's in China sell in stores for around $2.50 usd.
Chenyu's VCDs contain something rare in taijiquan (high skill.)
if you want to see them, buy them, if not, complain I guess.

Mo Ling
10-30-2003, 01:05 AM

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-30-2003, 01:19 AM
Mo Ling.

I for one wouldn't pay that much money for a VCD of a style that I don't study.
If I were a student of his it might be different, even than I think I would find the prices rather excessive.

I have previously bought VCD related to my style that like yours were of limited availability, there I paid on average $10~15 per Disc.

Now if you were offering them on DVD we could maybe accept a higher price.
But in the end I would recommend to drop the price so that more people can afford the sets and gain benefit from them.

I have created my own VCD at home and I know the amount of work goes into editing and burning them.

Mo Ling
10-31-2003, 02:25 AM
I have already sold these disks to people who really like them.
many of you spend your $80 on some CDs, some computer software, a jacket, a pair of athletic shoes, or a computer game...it happens all the time. Many of you easily spend $100.00 frivolous dollars in one day or a week.

This, my friends is a question of priorities. It is not such a hardship, you just dont want to spend the dough, then these are not for you.

Anyway they are available and currently being eaten up by the people who already have them. You are welcome to forever criticcise the price of the disks, for it keeps this post going, yet it is not going to change the reality of the price and the value of the material.

Those of you who spend a little to buy them will be amazed and enjoy, those who dont...will miss the oportunity and perhaps keep posting here instead.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-31-2003, 05:12 AM
Mo Ling.

Like I said he is NOT doing the same Chen style that I am doing, therefor his Discs have no benefit or impact on my TJQ training or skill.

So why should I spend some bucks on a thing that I don't benefit from, just because he has some skill or his discs are rare??

I would rather donate the same money to get some of the books for my Chen style translated.

Not all Chen TJQ is the same, there are 5 sub-styles to Chen TJQ.
;)

Mo Ling
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
dear taiji monkey,

You seem to be suffering from massive confusion regarding this post about Chenyu VCDs. :p You have perhaps willingly entered a world of illusion and dimentia, and possibly paranoia, in which some unknown person on the internet (me) is forcing you to buy ChenYu Chen Style Taijiquan VCDs.

...But...luckily I am here to help, with the news that actually no one is forcing you to buy anything at all. Whether anything in your life is of benefit to you it entirely up to you to judge.

I am (almost) sorry for the sarcasm, but really please....your arguement(?) here is looney at best. These disks simply are what they are and you can buy them or not, no one has forced anything on you...wake up from the nightmare...please wake up.