PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite of the 8 Tai Chi movements

dre_doggX
10-20-2003, 05:27 AM
Which of these basics are your favorite and why. I didnt include the five movements, because you probably could use them wit any posture.

bodhitree
10-20-2003, 06:27 AM
depends upon situation so I am not voting.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Have to agree with bodhitree, which jing is used depends on the situation.

AFAIK, one or two styles list more jings than those eight as part of their style.
;)

dre_doggX
10-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Peng offensive movement, and Lus reverse seem to me to be the core of Tai Chi itself. if you can use peng in self defense then I think you can use any other of the postures in the form. Tai chi somewhere down the line, was the product of Shaolin, but I dont know of any external chinese martial forms, that use Peng, at least not in the why TAi chi uses it. I dont see peng being effective without the fa-jing unqiue to the internal martial arts, but emphasived greatly in tai chi chuan.

To me Peng and its counterpart Lu are the core, the present the Heaven (peng) and Earth(Lu) elements.

Ka
10-22-2003, 09:48 PM
Don't know why but I have always liked the feel of An.

dre_doggX
10-23-2003, 02:43 PM
What can you tell be about An. Ya'll I like An to. from what I understand Ans push isnt really a push its to attacks wit the hands done very minutely. What can you tell be about An.

Vapour
10-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Peng because I'm a judo player as well. But if I was high level judo player, I would have said Lu.