PDA

View Full Version : Update on Martial Arts TV documentary

froggy
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
More update on the martial arts documentary,

As you know I put up a post asking for suggestions for a 3 part documentary series on wushu/internal arts/traditional martial arts. The broadcaster development officer liked the idea and thought it would be great, so I put together a proposal. I hear back from the broadcaster who said that his boss (the head guy at this big Canadian broadcaster) gave it a quick no.

When I asked him why, he said that they were looking for exciting limited series and that tai chi was a little bit slow…that martial arts if done right could be exciting, but he got the quick no. I’m questioning whether or not he read the proposal as tai chi was less than 1/3 of it, but regardless he made it clear that he (and his boss) thought that Chinese Martial Arts is not exciting enough. This is what I encounter a lot, people who don’t know what CMA are.

I’m going to be sending this around to other places, but I think I’ll put together short video (anyone want to help?) to show them what it is.

But I have a request for you guys. Can you post some links to some high quality and cool pictures of wushu or anything to do with wushu? I will include these in the next proposal. Thanks!

Kristoffer
10-20-2003, 11:31 AM
there's tons man
http://images.google.se/images?q=wushu&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=sv&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning

MasterKiller
10-20-2003, 11:35 AM
www.wushucentral.com

froggy
10-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks.

But what I'm looking for are high quality, large sized photos because these will be printed out. The resolution must be good.

I've seen a few from China competitions, but I no longer have the links to them.