PDA

View Full Version : Any advice

bodhitree
10-21-2003, 07:08 AM
I am really buzy with school and work, I may have to give up all external training (never taijiquan) for the rest of the simester. I don't want to, but the Math I am in right now is very difficult. Has anyone ever had to quit practice before? What did you do? what did it do to you?

chen zhen
10-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Ive had to quit training many times because it sucked.;)
but now when i found something reeally good, im trying to come to as many classes as possible, but sometimes things is holding me back. yes, school too here, or bad weather, etc. i get so p!ssed everytime.

chief108
10-21-2003, 12:04 PM
try to break up your training in small fragments...
- do horsestands for a couple of minutes when going to the toilet
- do some forms for 5 minutes, but VERY intense, you can do that a couple of times every day...
- if you have ten minutes time to be online, you've got a couple of minutes to stretch as well :D

catch my drift?

just do it, just 5 to 10 mins at the time....
in the morning, afternoon, and at night

that way, you're still training
only a little bit different, that's all...

there's no excuse for not training!
and there are many ways to train

BE CREATIVE, BE, BE CREATIVE!!!!

Chief108

norther practitioner
10-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Make of what little time you have...:D
Maybe get up 7 minutes earlier in the morning and do your taiji, then stay up an extra 8 minutes to fit some external in before you get to work.

Kristoffer
10-22-2003, 09:28 AM
drop outta school

chen zhen
10-22-2003, 09:56 AM
I can give you an example, today I had to drop training because i have to do a big report. It irritates me greatly that I cant get to training and hone my skills, but at the same time im relieved that I can get more time to perfect my report, and make it really good.
What u feel irritated about is a matter of your own personal preferances. If u feel like training more, then do it. If u feel like u need to do good at school or need more money and get a job, then do that.

its entirely up to you.

bodhitree
10-23-2003, 05:26 AM
thanks homies!;)