PDA

View Full Version : iron palm/fist techniques

infinet
10-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent sites describing the conditioning techniques used in Iron Palm/Fist training.

Thanks in advance.

GeneChing
10-21-2003, 10:27 AM
...but we have a kit on iron body/palm/fist. Check out our iron body kit (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tckprat102.html).

infinet
10-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks Gene :)

but i already got a kit...was just more curious about different techniques..or are they all the same?

themeecer
10-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Don't think I am giving out any big secrets by telling our basic methods. For the iron palm/fist training we start out with a redwood punching post. (makiwara) It is slatted meaning the top 12 inches of the post has several cuts down it. This allows for a little give in the board so you build your hands up gradually. I personally do palm strikes, chop, vertical punch, finger tips, ridge hand, chicken beak, and back of the hand (back fist). You can also use your board for part of the iron forearm and iron foot training. After doing this for about a year or so, you can start thrusting your hands into bowls of warm sand or mung beans. After this start thrusting your hands into big bowls of rocks. Make sure you use your dit dow and possibly take an internal medicine as well, ginseng, dong qui, and licorace are a few of the ingredients. Do this for 3 years and you will have iron hands. :D

infinet
10-21-2003, 11:22 AM
thx appreciate the info :D

GeneChing
10-22-2003, 02:39 PM
There are a lot of variations in the so-called iron fist/palm techniques, especially if you are interested in what is colloquially known as 'sandbag arts' in general. We have a video in production on mizong that reveals some of these, and I have it on good authority that something from Shaolin is on the way. You're just a little early with your question for me to sell you any of these. ;)

hasayfu
10-22-2003, 06:07 PM
but probably not what you are looking for.
The book has a lot of good info on iron palm.

http://www.wle.com//products/b1068.html

Also vids and kits too :)

blooming lotus
11-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Gene Ching,

Just had a look at the iron body kit. Chasing dit dar jowl and shaolin rings?? That soak sounds good but Did I miss something?

GeneChing
12-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Chasing dit dar jowl and shaolin rings?? That soak sounds good but Did I miss something? I'm not sure on what you are asking me... Is this a question? Is that?

blooming lotus
12-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Please allow me to repeat slowly...do ..you..know..where..I..can..buy..dit..dar..jowl..t hat..will..keep..$$$$...in..shaolin...pockets????

GeneChing
12-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Fair question. There are a lot of DDJ (or Tiedajiu, as they say in Shaolin) available from Shaolin but I don't know of anyone importing them at this time. You'd have to go there. That would certainly keep $$ at Shaolin, if that be your goal. If you do a search of DDJ, you'll find a lot here on the forum - check our TCM and southern forum archives. www.MartialArtsMart.com does not carry it at this time, or I'd let you know, of course.