PDA

View Full Version : promotoing CMA in your community

Shaolinlueb
10-22-2003, 10:28 AM
this is a question for mainly Sifu's/School owners or people wanting to open thie r own school.

What are some ways to promote it in your Area/community?

i have done parade's with my school, demo's at some different events. some fundraisers for local food kitchens. There are some college's that re looking to form kung fu clubs and some tae kwan do schools in my area that have afterschool programs.

what are some things your school/ you do.

Tak
10-22-2003, 10:47 AM
The usual stuff: demos, tournaments, word-of-mouth. We used to have a program to pick up kids after school, but that didn't work out too well. Anyway, this way the parents will take classes too.

Shaolinlueb
10-22-2003, 08:08 PM
has anyone tried going to local colleges and getting a kung fu club started up there? A kung fu brother of mine did and he is now getting paid and they have around 30+ members. or doing seminars on child safetyu and womans self defense with local groups?

Water Dragon
10-22-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm training for a San Shou fight in March. I've started training under the local Muay Thai guy (who is 31-0 in NHB) and hanging out with the BJJ guys again. I'm training with these guys for my San Shou fight and will be teaching them some throws as they are teaching me Muay Thai. My goal is to 1. Open a traditional Shuai Chiao school that caters to the NHB crowd and 2. Either train some fighters for NHB or maybe even do it myself on a local level. That's a few years off though.