PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum in Brazil

Ren Blade
10-23-2003, 01:31 PM
I was wondering bout the quality of Wah Lum style in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. If the BJJ fighters show up to the Wah Lum school there for challenge matches or the students training Wah Lum there are fighting in defense on the street utilizing their Wah Lum training to save themselves.

wiz cool c
10-25-2003, 08:42 AM
I trained at the Wah Lum center several years ago for a two week live in traing vacation. While there I participated in there sparring class twice. They fight hard. Anyway there was an instructor of wah lum from brazilian there. I asked him about the jujitsu and there challenge matches. He told me that they had some jujutsu guys come to there school and offer to fight no rules jujutsu verse kung fu. He said Ok no rules we can attack the eyes and such . They said no. He said so its not no rules its jujutsu rules and they never fought.

Tainan Mantis
10-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Ren blade,
I have often wondered the same thing when I am reminded that there is WL in Brazil.

Siuhoimoon
10-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Does anybody here have some info about wah lum in Brazil? About the sifu and the school, etc.... I am curious too. :confused:

Brazil Mantis
10-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi Siuhoimoon,

you will find information of Wah Lum of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at:http://www.novanet.com.br/kungfu/wahlum/

Regards,

Brazil Mantis