Ray Pina
10-24-2003, 06:14 AM
Are they even trying?

count
10-24-2003, 06:45 AM
:o

Ray Pina
10-24-2003, 07:43 AM
Strange, I thought I was replying to the taiji push hands footage.

Anyway, what's up count? Anything new and exciting?

I recently had a little breakthough in understanding. Haven't seen my master in about two weeks due to work travel, and actually tend not to even bring these things up. Something I'm just working on.

Anyway, that footage looked funny. Looked like the students weren't really trying. There were no attempts at evasiveness neither with the foot, hands nor body. Not saying the man has no skill, because its hard to tell on a small blurry screen. But if I had a website and posted something I'd make sure it was clear and real. Even if it takes 10 takes;)

Hope all is well.

count
10-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Nothing too exciting here. Training goes on. (and on) I somewhat enjoyed your topic on the main board discussing short power. Having been on the receiving end of your teachers short power, I know where your coming from. Hard to express it on the forum though. Best regards to your teacher and classmates.

Ray Pina
10-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Some things are hard to explain and it gets frustrating trying to. Either they don't believe you or mistake it for something they learned in Gojo-Ryu ... but then again, maybe they did. Who knows?

I'm trying to determine if I can fight in that San Da event in two weeks. I had ligament trouble with a wrist and some days it seems OK and then I do something and get a sharp pain. Common sense would tell me to sit it out.

Anyway, be well.

count
10-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Aw com'on, suck it up, wrap it tight and don't be a sissy.
:D
Just kiding, If an injury is bugging you, you shouldn't compete at that level. To much to worry about and you'll probably re-injur it. Are your classmates competing too? I know it's hard to sit it out while your friends and classmates are at it. But you can still coach and support the others and learn from it for next time. :cool:

Ray Pina
10-24-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm going to go test it out tonight at class.

My teacher actually doesn't want us fighting out, or at least doesn't want to know about it if we do. His goal is to take a few of us back to China and fight there. He doesn't have much interest about tournaments here ... I do though. My martial arts have been flipped upside down the past few years.

My teacher's thinking is that he doesn't want us to "fight" anyone, just go out and beat. While this is the ideal, I know -- at least for myself -- I have to fight now to get to that level. Little injuries here and there but nothing major (knock on wood).