PDA

View Full Version : ATTN old school wwf and nwa wrestling fans...

SevenStar
10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Stu Hart - wresling name in Canada and father of brett and owen hart - died Thursday. Hawk - Half of the road warriors - died the same day of a heart attack. He was 46 and Stu was 88, I believe.

Musicalkatachmp
10-25-2003, 03:23 AM
**** those guys are dropping like flies. It's really sad. A lot of the guys I grew up idolizing. Mr. P, Davey Boy, the Von Erichs, Dino Bravo, Rick Rude, etc. etc. and many of them are dying of heart attacks...I guess being that big has a price.

rubthebuddha
10-25-2003, 09:52 AM
:(

hawk was the ****.

Stranger
10-25-2003, 10:03 AM
I guess being that big has a price.

More likely, I'd guess that using steroids for that many years has a price.

old jong
10-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Dino Bravo did not die of an heart attack.He was gunned down by some gangster in Montreal.His connection with the mob was well known.

Musicalkatachmp
10-25-2003, 03:50 PM
More likely, I'd guess that using steroids for that many years has a price.

I believe you are correct.

Dino Bravo did not die of an heart attack.He was gunned down by some gangster in Montreal.His connection with the mob was well known.

Yeah I knew he was shot...didn't know he was connected with the mob though...his death is a tragedy but also a reminder that in this day and age any gangster or even a kid can take out the world's strongest man...

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-26-2003, 12:50 AM
**** ... look at jake the snake.

i'd rather he be dead than in the state i've heard him to be.

old jong
10-26-2003, 04:27 AM
The Great Antonio (http://www.mrkurtnielsen.com/CAC-RIP/GreatAntonio-large.gif) died,just a few weeks ago from an heart attack in a Montreal grocery store. He was famous for being able to pull at least six busses full of people with his hair.I have seen him wrestle in my neighborhood with the Vachon brothers and others when I was a kid. He acted in a few movies:Quest for fire where he played a caveman comes to my mind and was offered a fortune by the japanese to become a sumo player.Still he prefered to stay in his town for a bizarre hobolike kind of life.He was almost a tourist attraction of Montreal.

....Hello GDA by the way!;)

chen zhen
10-26-2003, 01:07 PM
hmmmmmm

dun gives a f*ck, frankly

:eek: :confused:

old jong
10-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey! Right on!...Is you writin' funny o' am ah' readin' funny?...Anyway,Why respond if ya' duzn't cut a ****?...;)

brothernumber9
10-27-2003, 05:44 AM
S.D. Special delivery Jones!!!! and the Big SWEDE Hanson!!!

chen zhen
10-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Hey! Right on!...Is you writin' funny o' am ah' readin' funny?...Anyway,Why respond if ya' duzn't cut a ****?...

:confused:

rubthebuddha
10-27-2003, 09:31 AM
no worries, chenners. he's french canadian, so let him be. :)

oj: ;)

old jong
10-27-2003, 09:47 AM
:D ;)

Shaolin-Do
10-27-2003, 09:59 AM
My family doctor is from quebec. Funny guy.
:)

Sucks bout the wrestlers... Road warriors were tight... I still gotta go with The Ultimate Warrior and the Legion of Doom as my all time favorites though.

MasterKiller
10-27-2003, 10:07 AM
You pitiful, pitiful fools....you know nothing of the Von Erich clan, and the deadly iron claw. :D

Only one of them is still alive, as far as I know.

brothernumber9
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
well only kerry and kevin ever really got popular. i remember when kerry von erich beat flair for the title only to have some japanese guy bust his hand and flair take it back a few weeks later. When I was a kid I used to love Ivan Putski and superstar billy graham. I had to finagle my antennae to get reception for mid south wrastlin and AWA stuff. Used to think the fabulous freebirds were funny as hell and good too. The good ole days before 20/20 ruined everything.

old jong
10-27-2003, 11:03 AM
My old times wrestling favorites: Mad Dog Vachon,Vladek "killer" Kowalsky,Johnny Rougeau,Don Leo Jonathan,Edward Carpentier,Abdhulla the Butcher,Bull Gregory....
Action garanteed with gallons of fake blood!...;) :D

brothernumber9
10-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Okay you lost me there, I know mad dog vachon and abdullah the butcher but the others I have no idea. You must be really old.

old jong
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Ha!...These guys are all from the same "époque"!...I'm not so old...Maybe 20 years older than you....;) Do you remember this gentleman?... (http://www.wrestlingclassics.com/currys/images/wildbulltitle.jpg) ;)

brothernumber9
10-27-2003, 03:53 PM
sure, who doesn't know bill bushy brows. I have no idea who that is. The fact that his picture is in black and white and that there probably havent been wrestlers that looked like that since the fifties or at least since oscar the grouch on sesame street confirms that I don't know who that is and that it's wild to see how boring old pro matches are compared to now (visually that is). oh and you're old ( no offense, I don't want no trouble)