PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with an opponent who stays on the move?

curious
06-27-2000, 03:49 AM
What is the best way to deal with an opponent who utilizes good footwork to keep you at a distance?

DragonzRage
06-27-2000, 03:53 AM
Learn faster and better footwork yourself. Footwork is seriously a key in determining how well you will do in fighting. So if you don't have good footwork then you'd better learn it.

BeiTangLang
06-27-2000, 07:30 AM
Ask him questions untill he drops??

YuenBaio
06-27-2000, 08:38 AM
Train your footwork - flow with his movements, if there is an opportunity to bring him off his balance, take it. Break out of his footwork, especially during moves where pouncing slight distance is good. It takes split second reaction but thats what its all about isn't it. DragonzRage is right. If you don't have footwork, you are gonna feel the pain of your loss. Also, reacting to footwork really depends on your technique, which I kinda emphasized earlier.

------------------
Yuen Lo

Kyoshu
06-27-2000, 02:03 PM
Kick his knees out.

Kyoshu

DragonzRage
06-27-2000, 02:09 PM
Kyoshu,

I dunno dude. The way i see it, if your opponent has better and quicker footwork than you then it is much more likely that he'll be kicking YOUR knees out /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I still say that the best thing you can do first is learn better footwork yourself. But once you did learn good footwork then perhaps kicking at his knees or legs would be a viable solution to your problem.

MoQ
06-27-2000, 02:25 PM
Seriously, footwork is the foundation any other techs are built on, but if he's using it to keep you at a distance, it's for a reason.

How about...If he's kicking high, attack at his base leg from a low position so he's selfconscious and then straight blast during a transition. The key is to not let him keep you at a distance if that's what he wants. He may very well have "the fear of being close", if that's the case, JAM HIM. You may be able to turn his "keeping you at a distance" into "running from you". Long distance people are often freaked out by aggressive infighting techs.

nospam
06-27-2000, 08:14 PM
BeiTangLang

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hahaha

You got that right, buddy.

Metal Fist
06-27-2000, 11:31 PM
Shoot one of his feet. A .38 through the foot and you won't have to chase him so much.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
"Do whatever it takes to be the last man standing!"

laughing tiger
06-28-2000, 03:33 AM
hmmmm...if he is keeping his distance from you, why fight him? Just be a bigger guy than he, and walk away.

Slater_E
06-28-2000, 06:45 AM
retreat. Back away from him. If your backing and he's dancing all around you, what happens is it ends up a cats game and no one fights. All you both are doing is dancing around not punching or anything. So just retreat. Maybe he'll get bored adn run. Maybe he'll get bored and make a move..and that move is what you need. If he's anxious or bored that first mvoe he makes will be his last if ya know what I mean.....

------------------
"In a fight, there is no second place."

Ric Wu
06-28-2000, 06:54 AM
As Laughing Tiger stated simply WALK AWAY.

Kyoshu
06-28-2000, 01:35 PM
DragonzRage:
Just a quick solution. If the case was that we had better foot work than me, I would keep close and out strike him (ie clinch wiith knees, eblows or out combo him), otherwise slam him on his head and arm bar till his shoulder pops. Then get up and start kicking his head in.