PDA

View Full Version : Event Report.

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Hi All.

Just recovered from yesterdays TJQ meeting & after-party.
It was a blast and the biggest over here so far.

My School took a few medals in the traditional forms competition and also took a Cup (2nd year running) of our B-group demo.
I was part of the A-group and we numbered 112 people, the largest group to perform was 431 people. :eek:
In total 4.400 people performed demoes from PRC 24/42/48, Yang, Chen, Sun & Wu Tjq.

Competitions were held as follows: arena was divided into 4 courts( 2 for smaller group demoes) and in each court 2 people/1 group performed at the same time. I think this is the way it is done in China too.
The last hour was demoes from visiting TJQ teachers from China, very interesting to see some of the new forms.

The big surprise was seeing the 12yr old son of my teacher perform in the competition, he IS good and I can only dream of having skill like his. :(

It was also interesting to listen to the comments my teacher made about different forms and how they relate/compare to our style.

BTW, nearly bought some imported swords(Jian) from china very cheap, but didn't have enough cash on me.
There is always next year. :D

Hopefully I will soon have some pics and clips to share with pople here.

Ma_Xu_Zha
10-30-2003, 12:12 PM
where in PRC was that?

bamboo_ leaf
10-30-2003, 02:09 PM
I saw some taiji competition while in tainjin, very interesting the winners went on to a larger event held in another area. Was this the same event ?

T'ai Ji Monkey
10-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi Guys.

Nope, it was the 18th National Taijiquan Meeting in Japan.