PDA

View Full Version : You know you're training hard when...

Oso
10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
you are laughing every time you get hit, cranked or thrown.

froggy
10-30-2003, 10:03 PM
when you are broke and have no money.

Chang Style Novice
10-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Froggy, I am broke, have no money, and am NOT training hard.

Like the dummy I am.

froggy
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
we've all been there. Heck, some of us are there now.

At least my martial arts is improving. hehe.

rubthebuddha
10-30-2003, 11:05 PM
... that you actually look forward to drinking your post-training protein shake.

... your body ran out of fat and is trying to figure out how to metabolise skeleton.

... people start trolling threads by saying, "<yournamehere> would choke him out."

... your stomach starts to heave from overtraining-induced nausea, but you intently keep your yarf down for the sole reason that you'll need those calories later.

Ikken Hisatsu
10-31-2003, 12:56 AM
you physically become unable to see from the sweat in your eyes

you can no longer stand on one leg without going arse over tit

big black people get out of your way when you walk near them (although that was probably something to do with my hands being covered in blood)

you think you can do hwoarangs triple flying kick :rolleyes:

you CAN do hwoarangs triple flying kick:eek:

Felipe Bido
10-31-2003, 07:10 AM
When you can't get out of bed the next morning, because of bruised ribs, pain in your shins and your jaw is sore...and you just laugh and say: ALL RIGHT! like Quagmire from Family Guy

bodhitree
10-31-2003, 07:31 AM
In the middle of a workout heart pounding and all you sit down then wake up two hours later,
just happened last week;)

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 07:37 AM
I always laugh whilst taking my beatings.
:)

.... when you see your dead granma throwing rocks at a cat

.... Your heart beating feels like someone is knocking on the inside of your chest

.... when you have to move your head to the cup of water you are trying to drink

Souljah
10-31-2003, 07:40 AM
... your body ran out of fat and is trying to figure out how to metabolise skeleton.

lol:D

Judge Pen
10-31-2003, 08:12 AM
When your legs are quivering violently from exhaustion and your still only halfway into your workout.

Oso
10-31-2003, 08:26 AM
when you are broke and have no money

I hear ya

When your legs are quivering violently from exhaustion and your still only halfway into your workout.

that sounds suspiciously like sex :D

...you don't notice when you start bleeding.

Judge Pen
10-31-2003, 08:34 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"that sounds suspiciously like sex :D "

Cross-training.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 08:35 AM
halfway

"that sounds suspiciously like sex "

Havin stamina troubles? :eek:

:D

Edit:Enzyte commercials are funny as hell.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 08:36 AM
sex is an increadible workout. Pretty much the only way to workout EVERY muscle in the body. Burns tons of calories too.

ShaolinTiger00
10-31-2003, 08:36 AM
lol @ laughing!

There is a guy at my judo club who is an excellent player. lighting fast, great form and strenght, been doing judo since he was a child and was a jr. national champion.

randori with him is like hanging onto a rollercoaster..

after a great throw I usually find myself on my back laughing hysterically.. (we both are!) and he say's (in broken english) "What's so funny?"

"Someday, Yasamura.. I'm going to kill you.." *laughter*

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 08:55 AM
Ive decided that laughing and cursing is how grown men cry.
:eek:
Edit : too broad, oops. I meant in relation to physical pain. :)

Oso
10-31-2003, 09:03 AM
you know, one of the first reality checks I got from this place was the comment someone made a while ago about how in pics of many CMA teachers and students they all looked angry in an attempt to look fierce and that in pics of rollers and mma types they tended to be smiling more.

so, I took a look around me and was like 'damm' that's fukked up.

if you're not having a good time and laughing at some point in your training then I don't understand why you would be doing it.

Ive decided that laughing and cursing is how grown men cry.

forget it, you caught the ghay with that one buddy:D

Water Dragon
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
sex is an increadible workout. Pretty much the only way to workout EVERY muscle in the body. Burns tons of calories too.

Yeah, and if you really want a good work out, you should try it with another person some time.

rubthebuddha
10-31-2003, 02:37 PM
zing!

i guess with a name like meat shake, he's just asking for it.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-31-2003, 02:55 PM
owned (http://www.tm001d6792.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/owned18.jpg)