PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of catching the Ghay

Oso
10-31-2003, 09:31 AM
so, I had to relocate my adult class from the gym I've been teaching at for the last 2 years.

no problem, got a kids class at a community center and the director has no problem with me having an adult class there.

pretty hyped as the room is bigger, nice tall ceilings and the building is a pretty cool looking stone and timber type structure.

well, now they have repainted the interior changing the color scheme from beige walls and dark brown trim to

a light pale purple blue called 'dusty lilac' and some sick azz light green called 'waterfall something something green'

man oh man....

I know, at least I've got some space for which I am very gratefull.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh yay. Just add some flowers and potpourri and you have the manliest training facility EVER!
:rolleyes:

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 09:38 AM
So when can we all come over for tea and to ***** about how the drappery and curtains arent the right color?

Oso
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
anytime.

I've said before that I'll host anyone anytime. 2 guest bedrooms at the house, a good yard to train in...and now

Big Ghay Matt's Ghay Guan

:D

it's not that bad but it was a bit of a shocker when we walked into the building for class last night.

all my kids are 12-16 year old boys, they just kinda got a funny look on thier face till my girl said "man, that is so ghay" then just busted out laughing.

I think she really was the most apalled by it so I don't feel bad about ragging the choice in color.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 09:56 AM
Well, if it apalled the chick it must not be actually ghey, cause a **** would have gotten the colors just right. :rolleyes:

:)

Edit: You should tell them you're going to start teaching *** Maga.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 10:34 AM
hmmm not sure if I should go on a rant about the ignorance of using "gay" or "****sexuality" and its references as a derogatory thing.....

Oso
10-31-2003, 10:46 AM
lighten up, red5.
it's meant to be humorous.

Oso
10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
I think a women's only class is unrealistic.

accept possibly for victim's of sexual assault that are having issues with male contact. And that class should be presented by a competent ma teacher who is also a psychologist who specialized in sexual assault cases.

In truth, the rec center has a large kids afterschool program so they were wanting to change the atmosphere a bit.

Tak
10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Maybe they thought you were going to teach yoga.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Who said anything derogatory? I said that they are good for choosing colors and coordinating outfits and whatnot.

Oh yeah... the *** maga. hehee... Thats the only way I could think of to make a slanderous mixture of a martial arts name and one of the various derogatory terms for ****sexuals.
:eek:

Edit: No one should take this personal. I make fun of the obese and geriatrich too. And those who eat flan.

norther practitioner
10-31-2003, 11:36 AM
That is soooo metro-sexual..

A little South Park reference for those who don't know.:D

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 11:43 AM
metrosexual :

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/Living/GMA030805Metrosexuals_quiz.html

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 11:58 AM
This **** is ****ing rediculous. Every ****ing time I try to download a perfect circle song off the new album, its a 15 second loop of the same ****ing song. I want to cut someones legs off for this.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
how about actually purchasing the album, if you want it that bad?

Oso
10-31-2003, 12:07 PM
NP :D that was funny as hel l

TAK, nope. she's watched me teach kids class plenty and I teach the same info to kids as adults, just not at the same intensity.

MS, yeah, I got some of that in a DMB song I was trying to DL

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:13 PM
so are jokes about black people, polish people, native americans, those from the middle east, hey let's not leave out jews too.

oh wait, maybe I should lighten up because sometimes it's ok to make fun of people who aren't like me?

Maybe KFO is some sort of haven for people to come and make fun of others who don't think, look or act like they do?

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Im going ****ing crazy from this ****. I want to find the geek that did it and smash his head against a brick wall repeatedly.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:20 PM
"oh wait, maybe I should lighten up because sometimes it's ok to make fun of people who aren't like me?

Maybe KFO is some sort of haven for people to come and make fun of others who don't think, look or act like they do?"

Or maybe not joke or be sarcastic at all? Sorry if it offends you d00d, but its a joke. Nothing more, nothing less. Im a little bit of every race, make fun of pretty much anything and Im more or less your target. (- religion and sexual orientation). I get sh!t for being a pothead. It happens. "but thats your choice" and so is being gay or anything else that gets picked on. Theres no singling out here, everybody gets made fun of. Serpent even picks on meercer for being christian.

"how about actually purchasing the album, if you want it that bad?"
I plan on it, but I have to spend all my $$ on a seminar this weekend. That and I like to make sure its good before I buy it. Low on $$ these days. (besides, not like maynard needs the $$, Id rather spend cash on "underground" stuff.)

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:20 PM
beggars cant be choosers

Oso
10-31-2003, 12:21 PM
dude, come on.

aren't you over reacting a bit?

I'd challenge anybody to walk into that room and not have the same reaction.

I'll post a picture when they are completely done with the painting.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:21 PM
BAh, this is america. Beggars can sue for getting hot food here.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
but its a joke.

and that of course makes it ok.

Im a little bit of every race,

And this makes what difference again?

It happens. "but thats your choice" and so is being gay or anything else that gets picked on.

again, I must have missed where this made it ok.

Oso, sorry brother I don't. I don't know about you but I know from personal experience how racial, sexual, sexist, or cultural slurs can heart a person pretty deeply. I do't like to trivialize people for any reason but more specifically for humor. I'm not saying I haven't made the same mistakes but it stings everytime.

ZhouJiaQuan
10-31-2003, 12:27 PM
meat shake you using kazaa i guess. it sucks all song have that crappy loop thing going.

try soulseek www.slsknet.org

it kicks all other programs ass repeatedly and then spits on them for good measure.
(might take some time to get used to though)

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:28 PM
"I plan on it, but I have to spend all my $$ on a seminar this weekend. That and I like to make sure its good before I buy it. Low on $$ these days. (besides, not like maynard needs the $$, Id rather spend cash on "underground" stuff.)"

hey I'm on yourt side with this..heh heh , just playing devils advocate.

Oso
10-31-2003, 12:29 PM
and to be fair, I'd pay to have those guys from 'queer eye' come in and make whatever changes they wanted cuz I would trust their ability to make it look good.

this is just clashing pastels.

hey, that would be a cool band name.

!!!FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY !!!
!!!THE CLASHING PASTELS!!!

red5angel, go to my website, take a close look at the left side of my mouth and then we'll talk about getting made fun of. If it's not clear enough, I'll send a pic.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:31 PM
"I don't know about you but I know from personal experience how racial, sexual, sexist, or cultural slurs can heart a person pretty deeply."

Lots of things can hurt people pretty deeply. Different people take things differently. Sarcasm would be unusable if you always made sure not to say something that might hurt someone. Im not singling anyone out, and Im not even being very rude about it. Sorry... Whatever... Blah. I dont feel like having this argument.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:32 PM
Meatshake speaking of being sued over hot food,
arent you afraid of the industry catching you and suing you?

Oso. Congrats on finding a training spot , so what if the colours are tacky, totally besides the point right... at least you can laugh about it and it can be a conversation piece. I hope you get alot of students.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Oso, see my response to meat shake being the mutt of the century. What sense does it make to say because you were made fun of for something that it's ok to make fun of other people? I'd sure like to hear something reasonable on this since it seems to be a popular defense.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:33 PM
And thats one more thing...
I have heard gay dudes say "Oh, thats sooo gay!"
But hey, I guess its the same thing as only being able to make fun of your own race, right? :rolleyes:

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:36 PM
no, it's not ok meat shake, I thought you didn't want to have this conversation?

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:36 PM
"What sense does it make to say because you were made fun of for something that it's ok to make fun of other people? I'd sure like to hear something reasonable on this since it seems to be a popular defense"

Its saying that I dont give a flying f*ck what people say to me. Unless you personally know me, what is said to me doesnt really hold that much on my day. Its sarcasm, or a joke, or whatever. Or just some ignorant fool talking sh!t to me on the internet. I do respect a lot of folks on here, and dont want to hurt or offend anyone, but if someone says something I dont like on here, Im not thinking about it at the end of my day. KL has said it before, you need a thick skin to browse the boards.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:37 PM
"no, it's not ok meat shake, I thought you didn't want to have this conversation?"

F*ck it, its too late. Just keep it civil and we'll have it.
;)

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:42 PM
this isn't about you meat shake, thats fine, say what you want to say about how you feel about it, that still doesn't give you the right. I don't make fun of native americans or white people and I don't associate with my father anymore because white people and for some odd reason asian people aren't good enough for him. I'm still sort of curious how he feels about me being part white.
Regardless, I have a thick skin, you can say plenty to me as well before you will catch my ire but it doesn't mean I am not going to speak up about ignorance when I see it. I've just spent 4 weeks working with a crew of back country fireman I'd have loved to slap around, and everytime something came out of their mouth I didn't like you can bet I said something. I don't dislike them, heck I even pretty much get a long with them, but I don't like to see it and I don't like to hear it and you shouldn't either.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:49 PM
I know gay people, and I have made fun of them for being gay. They make fun of me for not getting laid in a couple weeks. No one gets hurt.
Friends of other races I joke with, make fun of me for being white (to their knowledge). Again, its understood that its joking, which between the joking parties, does make it ok. When it gets to the point of mindless racism however, I see the problem. But it doesnt get to that point, and Ive almost gotten in a fights before for people using words they shouldn't have to a black friend. IMO as long as its understood as a joke there shouldnt be a problem. Lots of things are said that would be hurtful if not understood as a joke, but that understanding makes it acceptable. Everyone knows my intentions on here, so I dont expect people to take me seriously when reading my posts.
I completely forgot where I was going with this and I really gotta crap. Be back in a minute.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:49 PM
he sure told you.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:51 PM
lofl.
You just stay in the corner where you belong or Ill gouge out your eyes with a dull spork.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:52 PM
actually I've had this arguement recently.

Does anybody think the term "Batty man" is offensive in reference to gays?

Some people are under the impression that gays/battymen would prefer to be refered to as H0mosexuals.

Personally I think a spade is a spade and a battyman is just a battyman and i mean that with no offense its just what it is.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:53 PM
meat shake, I might ,MIGHT, agree that it might be ok if you are with freinds, in a closed environment, maybe. It's offensive and its be-littling, and regardless of how ok you think it might be in any given situation, I don't agree.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:54 PM
"You just stay in the corner where you belong or Ill gouge out your eyes with a dull spork."

now that's just Ghey.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
"I don't agree."
Aha! So no one is right!
I love it when Im not wrong.
;)

But FWIW, I do hate racists. Joking is one thing, but when it goes past sarcasm, we got issues...

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
yeah uhm ok, but what do you think about the "Battyman" thing?

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:56 PM
The only thing that offends me is when people pinch out of my stash without asking.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 12:57 PM
meat shake, I'm not calling anyone racist. Everyone has their thing, all I am saying is that it's not right to make light of anothers differences, I feel strongly about this. There is no reason for it, ever, and it's never necessary.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 12:59 PM
" all I am saying is that it's not right to make light of anothers differences"

*coughshaolin-doargumentscough*
Edit: just playin devils advocate now ;)

red5angel
10-31-2003, 01:00 PM
if you can find me making fun of shaolin do on any of those threads then I owe you an apology but I am pretty sure my only stance has been that someone in the organization is full of **** about their history.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 01:01 PM
LOL@ meatshake

touche!

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:02 PM
Eh, Im not gonna dig through em. Dont really care, Im just arguing cause its a good argument. :)

Edit: wait a minute... I think you made fun of me at the start. I dont care tho, I gotta go pick up my jeep from the shop. Fun argument tho.
Take care.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
k, well thats my stance, you do your thing, I'll do my thing, and it's all good. I am outta here for the weekend!

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 01:04 PM
So no one has a stance on the whole "battyman" vs. "h0mosexual" pc thing?

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Have a happy halloween. Be safe, be careful.

red5angel
10-31-2003, 01:05 PM
you too man.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:05 PM
"So no one has a stance on the whole "battyman" vs. "h0mosexual" pc thing?"

Bumbaclad. Boombaclod. How the fizuck do you spell that?

But no, Im not offended by either. Dont really care either way.

Edit: Oh I will r5. Goin to a david lin seminar tomorrow, so my partying tonight is going to be severly hampered. :mad:
But its well worth it.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 01:08 PM
romanization is Bombo Claat (Clawt)

CaptinPickAxe
Bombaclaad

Starchaser, hook it up with some Jamican slander

Meat Shake
lofl. Wonderful.
Bombo claat!
Ever heard the Kruder and dormeister song bombo claat?

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 01:13 PM
kruder and dormeister never heard of them.

Hey Cap. How abt. if I give you some links to some cool j'can sites

you might pick up some slander there if you know where to look.

www.downsoundrecords.com

www.whaddat.com

CaptinPickAxe
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
how 'bout I teach you some Japanese slander for your knowledge. better from the horses mouth, ya' know what I'm sayin'?

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Kruder and Dorfmeister are good stoned out of your face music. Downtempo mostly.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:17 PM
Dont **** with me, you dirty tampon.

CaptinPickAxe
10-31-2003, 01:17 PM
"Fifty Cent’s 25 minutes on stage at Heineken Heatwave took the cake"

I like these guys already.

CaptinPickAxe
10-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Na Men Na Yo!

Yuchun Mainsai!

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Blah... **** walking... Gotta go get my jeep now... Bah.

Starchaser107
10-31-2003, 01:20 PM
techno , electronica ??

rave type stuff?

perhaps i might have if that is the case.

erm cap. sure feel free to venture to the "brink of death thread"
where I'd gladly discuss profanity , while keeping the mainboard more main stream and civil like.;)

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:21 PM
No no... down tempo.. like trip hop. Like rap beats, but more musical and no rappers. Usually a little bit slower too. Somewhere between mos def and screw tempo.

CaptinPickAxe
10-31-2003, 01:24 PM
I can dance all over that line you call "the brink of death," with two bottles of Jim Bean and a Black and White Television balanced on my nose w/o falling over...as long as no one understands a word I say.

Oso
10-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Oso, see my response to meat shake being the mutt of the century. What sense does it make to say because you were made fun of for something that it's ok to make fun of other people? I'd sure like to hear something reasonable on this since it seems to be a popular defense.

I wasn't using it as defense. I'm not defending my initial take on the colors being 'ghay'. It don't feel I was making fun of or belittling any one either individually or as a group. As matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most of the gay guys I know would be appalled at the color scheme and claim that it wasn't 'ghay' because it was in really poor taste. So, if anything I slandered the 'ghay' community by saying they would have poor enough taste to pick the color scheme. :D

I was letting you know that you weren't the only who had ever been picked on for something stupid, in my case a scar left by a burn when I was an infant. I got over it a long time ago.

For whatever reason it's more socially acceptable to refer to sexual preference than it is race. Maybe we can get past the uptightedness oneday.

Starchaser, thanks. they are waaaay tacky. not sure what somebody was thinking. Kids color schemes are usually primary colors...I work at a school so I do know that. It's no big deal. Just thought it was kinda funny.

ok, I thought I was pretty cosmopolitan but wtf is 'battyman'?

Kruder & Dorf is pretty cool, but definitely on the mellow side.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Wow. That was even more confusing than most of the **** that I post.
Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Oso, dude, you were sooo late with that.
Im procrastinating. I gotta go get my jeep.
I feel like such a lazy focker. Ive been sitting around in my drawers for 3 hours posting on here. Hehehe... oh well.

Oso
10-31-2003, 01:53 PM
man, I'm at work, gotta at least leave the office every once in a while to loom over my staff.

what a crazy azz thread to take off though.

Ming Yue
10-31-2003, 01:53 PM
It is a personal observation of mine, based on my actual experience, that my ****sexual friends have consistently demonstrated what can be called good taste when it comes to interior design. I'm sure there are people of alternate sexual lifestyle choice that have a lack of ability for color coordination, but I only know of one, and SHE PAINTED MY KWOON.

Don't get me wrong, I have my share of feminine wiles and appreciate the proper use of pastels, I just don't want to fight in a puffy cloud of lavender and buttermint, for cryin out loud.

It's ghay, I tell ya.

;)

SevenStar
10-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Oso

Kruder & Dorf is pretty cool, but definitely on the mellow side.

Yeah, they're cool. They've got a track on the Hackers vol. 1 soundtrack

Oso
10-31-2003, 03:57 PM
I've only got a couple of tracks I've downloaded on a mix cd I made of just trance like music.

it's good for building ma chi up;)

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 04:01 PM
I could show you some great "breathing excersises" for that...

Oso
10-31-2003, 04:09 PM
my brother kept trying to tell me that too....

Meat Shake
10-31-2003, 04:10 PM
You should listen.
Brother knows best. ;)
Funny, Im the younger one, but Im always the one thats like "cmon... drink the beer... Here. Hit this."

Oso
10-31-2003, 04:25 PM
heh, he is younger by 6 years.

somewhat cool and touching story:

I was with a chick for 7 years, longest time ever.
so, when she moved out I was just plain fukked up.
my bro called me the day after and told me to come over.
when I got there he pointed to the coffee table which
had a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and little bag o' the green stuff
and said "you're gonna drink a little of that and smoke a little
of that other stuff and we'll sit here and talk"

and I did.

rogue
10-31-2003, 06:31 PM
I wasn't using it as defense. I'm not defending my initial take on the colors being 'ghay'. It don't feel I was making fun of or belittling any one either individually or as a group. As matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most of the gay guys I know would be appalled at the color scheme and claim that it wasn't 'ghay' because it was in really poor taste. So, if anything I slandered the 'ghay' community by saying they would have poor enough taste to pick the color scheme. Bro, just discussing color is wrong. I think the ghay is moving his Liza Minelli CDs into your house.:D

Oso
10-31-2003, 06:43 PM
nope, my girl would kick the ghay's azz.

the closest I get to any liza minelli is Freddy Mercury, may he rest in peace.

BAI HE
10-31-2003, 06:58 PM
Were gonna sick the "Queer eye on the straight guy" crew on your ass. Literally Oso!

rogue
10-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Gotta go, While You Were Out is coming on and then What Not to Wear. I did like Wayne better than the new guy.

Oso
10-31-2003, 08:25 PM
hey, so sue me if I make sure my belt matches my shoes:eek: ;)

Mr Punch
11-01-2003, 12:20 AM
I'll have you all know that I'm a legal representative for the Universal Pride Association (UPAss for short) which represents Ghay Pride.

The Ghays, as I'm sure you know, are a tribe of sexually, socially, dextrously, aesthetically, maritally, vertically challenged people who deeply resent being called a bunch of ****witted ******* single-parent one-legged mutant retard pervert midgets. What makes it worse for them is that they are all colour-blind yet they still get lumped in with the sickest, most depraved bunch of screaming pillowbiter interior-designer ****sexuals on account of the closeness of their tribe's name (the Ghay) to that of the popular nickname for arse bandits.

Please desist from being derogatory towards Ghays.

BTW, Red5 is gay. Allegedly.

oops

If anyone would like to lecture me on the difference between humour and maliciousness please send the mail to UPAss.

Mr Punch
11-01-2003, 12:22 AM
BTW, some of my best friends are gay.

They take it very well.

FatherDog
11-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Mat
BTW, some of my best friends are gay.

They take it very well.

I'm sure they 'take it' very well.

Kristoffer
11-02-2003, 10:42 AM
GHEY THREAD!

The Willow Sword
11-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Needs to remove the 2x4 from his a$$ and not personalize this thread so much.

TWS

Meat Shake
11-02-2003, 01:04 PM
R5 had good intent. I gots nothin against him.

"hey, so sue me if I make sure my belt matches my shoes"

Hey, dressin nice helps. A lot.

Oso
11-02-2003, 03:03 PM
actually my girl told me that my belt does not match my shoes.:(

so, I promptly took the belt off and showed her what it did match :D

and, yea, red5 is rightous in his belief. I'm just not that rightous.

Meat Shake
11-02-2003, 03:58 PM
"so, I promptly took the belt off and showed her what it did match"
That a way. Let that woman know who runs ****.
Hehehe... Better be careful Oso... You know the old confucious say...
"he who gives his woman no peace during the day, gets no peice at night."

Oso
11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
and you know that were a joke. mostly.;)