PDA

View Full Version : Some clips on CCK TCPM forms

mantis108
11-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I shared this on my forum already. I thought you might enjoy them too.

<<<It is with great pleasure that I provide the following link to 2 video clips to you all:

A clip of the Late Sifu Kwong Kwan Wei:

http://www.mantismartialart.com/S6.wmv

This clip is most likely his last preformance. You can understand the value of it. Interestingly, he openned with Lanjie and then move into 3 roads of Zhaiyao. He expertly connected the 2 pieces of 2 different forms during the performance which give a aura of casualness about it. I think he would be around 90 years old at the time. I just wish I could move when I am by that age. His years of experience in performing kung fu really shown through this clip.

A clip of Sifu Se Siu Fook:

http://www.mantismartialart.com/S4.wmv

For those of you who are interesting in looking into CCK TCPM Bengbu, this is it. You can see that the openning is different from other versions of Bengbu.

Hope you enjoy.

Once again, I have to thank those people who run the HK TJMHPM site. It is a very good resource for the Mantis community.

BTW, don't miss this clip by Shrfu Shr Zhengzhong who is Kevin's (Tainan Mantis) teacher. He also visited GM Chiu in the late 80s. I believe Sigung showed him Wooden Dummy, Sau Fa and some forms as well. So, we are family as well.

A clip of Shrfu Shr Zhengzhong:

http://www.mantismartialart.com/S2.wmv

This is Shrfu Shr's favorite form Erlu Zhaiyao (2nd Routine of Essential) which is not found in CCK TCPM. His performance is full of energy "jing" and great interplay between hard (gang) and soft (ru). He is an awesome awesome Tanglang Master with tons of knowledge and experience behind him. I believe he also holds GM Chiu in a very high regard. >>>

Mantis108

Tainan Mantis
11-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Robert,
Where can we download the software to play those clips?

German Bai Lung
11-01-2003, 04:01 PM
There is a Software (MediaPlayer) for Mac from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/WMPMac/7.1/MacOS/EN-US/WMPlayer7_1_EN.hqx

Hope it works...

mantis108
11-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Try download the window media player 7 or 8. I think it is free.

See if you can download it to your mac.

download (http://download.com.com/2001-2025-0.html?tag=dir)

I hope you will able to see them. These clips are rare.

Warmest regards

Robert

yu shan
11-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Shrfu Robert,

xiexie duoxie! Clips of our Elder`s is about as special as it gets. To see Kwong Kwan Wei and Se Siu Fook leaves me speechless. Did you obtain the clip of my Grandteacher Shr ZhengZhong from my GF uncle? Shrye Shr is an incredible man, I`m very proud to be in Master Shr`s lineage. Equaled by the likes of Shrfu`s John, Kevin and you. Thank you sir...keep um coming.

Jim

Oso
11-01-2003, 06:14 PM
thanks, mantis108.

As a new convert to Pong Lai, I certainly value the clip of Master Shr as well as the CCK TCPM Sifu's.

B.Tunks
11-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Nice clips!

I particularly liked Sifu Kwong Kwan Wei's Lanjie/Zhaiyao Combination. This Zhaiyao is pretty close to ours (as is the start of Lanjie). He was magnificent for that age. Sifu Se Siu Fook's Beng Bu was also good, quite similar again but with a lot more leaping than ours.
Sifu Shr's Er Lu looks very different to most Er Lu I have seen though I can certainly recognise core movements in the first and second section. That edit seems to get in the way halfway through though.
B.T

mantis108
11-02-2003, 04:53 PM
First and foremost, thank you all for the great comments.

More importantly, I must not take the credit for the great work that has been done for the webpag. I must clarify that it DOESN'T belongs to me. It belongs to Hong Kong Taiji Meihwa Tanglang Association which is of Hao family TJMHPM lineage.

Hong Kong Taiji Meihua Tanglang Association (http://www.mantismartialart.com/)

Those clips and the fighting one are on there. I was as surprise as others who see our own elders actually on video clips and available on public site. So I can't help but to share the incredible find with everyone.

Yu Shan and Oso,

Glad you both enjoy the clips. Oso, Ponglai is a great school. You are in good hands. Personally, I think it can be a style onto its own if Shrfu Shr feels like it. I have seen other clips of Shrfu Shr courtesy of Tainan. I don't have the right to them so even if I come across them I won't be posting them without permission. I believe both John (Ponglai) and Kevin (Tainan) really represent Shrfu Shr well. It shows in their skill, knowledge, and dedication. Their hard work ethics is a great reflection of Shrfu Shr teaching and essence of traditional kung fu. BTW, I would love to touch base with Shrfu John. His email seems to be not working for me. I hope he still frequent this forum at least. :) If you don't mind please send him my personal regards and the message. Thank you.

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for the input and the kind comments. I am very very glad that you enjoy them. Sifu Kwong passed away in Feburary this year (may he rest in peace). Despite his age, he still performed and promoted CCK TCPM until his final days. He truely follow the foot steps of GM Chiu who spent his last days in teaching Tanglang Kung Fu.

It is great to know that your version of these forms are similar to ours. I wish I could see some of your material. .. :) *hint hint shamelessly*... as you know that I am interested in seeing the mainland 7 star materials. I agree with you that the editing is really dreadful.

Warm regards

Robert

18elders
11-04-2003, 08:31 AM
thanks for posting those clips mantis108!
Nice to see some of the elders perform. I wish they hadn't done the edit job on Master Shr's form.

Life long Student
11-04-2003, 06:27 PM
In short THIS ROCKS

Seeing Shr ZhenzhongWas awesome, what an inspiration to train. I am speechless.

Thanks for putting this on the forum, do you have more????

yu shan
11-09-2003, 06:58 PM
EmptyCup

Not sure, I`ll find out. Shr ZhengZhong will be in the USA, Tampa around Chinese New Years.