PDA

View Full Version : PRIDE Final Conflict 2003 - Sunday Nov 9th on Pay-Per-View

truewrestler
11-03-2003, 08:17 AM
www.PrideFC.com

http://fightsport.com/fsport/fightsport/news/2003_10_26_fightsport_archive.html#106755401573595 513

PRIDE: Final Conflict 2003
November 9, 2003
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo, Japan

Complete Card:

Grand Prix middleweight tournament:
Vanderlei Silva vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
Quinton Jackson vs. Chuck Liddell

Alternate fight:
Dan Henderson vs. Murilo Bustamante

Single fights:
Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira vs. Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic (PRIDE heavyweight title)
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kevin Randleman
Gary Goodridge vs. Dan Bobish
Heath Herring vs. Norihisa Yamamoto

Fight Order:
Fight One: Gary Goodridge vs. Dan Bobish
Fight Two: Quinton Jackson vs. Chuck Liddell
Fight Three: Vanderlei Silva vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
Fight Four: Dan Henderson vs. Murilo Bustamante
Fight Five: Heath Herring vs. Norihisa Yamamoto
Fight Six: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kevin Randleman
Fight Seven: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
Fight Eight: Winner Liddell/Jackson vs. Winner Silva/Yoshida

norther practitioner
11-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Impresive card.... Is this going to be on PPV?

truewrestler
11-03-2003, 11:24 AM
http://indemand.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?page_sectionId=2&prodId=12072

backbreaker
11-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Does anyone think this yoshida judo guy can really beat vanderlai silva and chuck lidell?Maybe ,I guess he did beat don frye,but these two guys(especially chuck lidell)seem to really want to knock people out.

MasterKiller
11-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Is this going to be on PPV? It usually is. But it's like $24.95 or something. Too rich for my blood. If my cracked card isn't working I'll have to sit this one out.

Meat Shake
11-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Ill be ordering it. :)
You can spend the 40$ on gas to come down and watch it on my big screen if you want MK.
:rolleyes:

truewrestler
11-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Yoshida definitely has a chance...

a chance of winning and a good chance of getting KTFO :D

Merryprankster
11-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Does anyone think this yoshida judo guy can really beat vanderlai silva and chuck lidell?Maybe ,I guess he did beat don frye,but these two guys(especially chuck lidell)seem to really want to knock people out.

Let's talk about something for a second here.

Yoshida was a gold medalist in a sport with WAAAAAAY more depth than Silva. IF Yoshida can take Silva down, he may very well win. I believe that Yoshida is massively underrated by his detractors.

However, I also believe he is massively overrated by his supporters.

I personally predict Silva by knockout, but I can also see Yoshida winning this if he gets Silva down.

MasterKiller
11-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
Ill be ordering it. :)
You can spend the 40$ on gas to come down and watch it on my big screen if you want MK.
:rolleyes: 8 hours in a car, both ways, isn't my idea of fun.

Judge Pen
11-03-2003, 12:30 PM
MK, cute Ladybug! :p

truewrestler
11-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Well, then order it and have some people over. It is definitely worth it.

MasterKiller
11-03-2003, 12:59 PM
MK, cute Ladybug! She was the most fearsome lady bug on the streets Friday night. People trembled in awe as they flung candy at her to avoid being devoured.

Well, then order it and have some people over. It is definitely worth it.Try explaining it's value to Mrs. MasterKiller. She doesn't have the same appreciation for it as I do.

Mr Punch
11-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, it's my gf's birthday that weekend. She'd never forgive me.

But there's maybe only gonna be one chance to see Jackson vs Silva live.

Oh well, plenty more women! :eek: :D

Agree with MP on Yoshida... Yoshida has some depth, and could be dangerous if he take Silva down. Don't agree with you though, on how much depth, or how much danger...! Yoshida is good with takedowns but I wouldn't have said he's an expert on keeping people there, and though Silva's (stay-on-the-) groundwork is no great shakes, he's pretty **** good at anti-groundwork (getting up quickly and bringing the fight to his prefered level).

Liddell Jackson will be interesting. With my sketchy watching of these things, somehow managed to miss Liddell... would somebody like to fill me in on his specialities and a prediction...? I want Jackson, cos I wanna see him fight Silva...!

edited to prevent religious censorship and exercise my right to say the word ****. Please let me know if it offends you.

LiteBlu
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
HOLY ****E!!!!

FORGET THE GRAND PRIX.

HENDERSON VS BUSTAMANTE IS THE FIGHT OF THE YEAR AND WILL FINALLY DECIDE WHO IS NUMBER ONE IN THE 185 POUND WEIGHT CLASS!

truewrestler
11-04-2003, 10:18 AM
ttt

ShaolinTiger00
11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm torn.

I am a huge Silva fan.

Animal blood lust: check

Hyper aggressive sprawl and brawl: check

but as a judoka, I want Yoshida to do well to settle doubts that fans have about his skills.

MP sums it up. IF yoshida can negate Silva's double neck clinch/knee tactics and get him down. he should win..

if he can't do this... he's going to be in a world of hurt.. and especially if Silva strikes him first and he gets stunned (Silva's striking will only gain momentum)

truewrestler
11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
I've been waiting for you to chime in :)

ST and MP are the correctestest

ShaolinTiger00
11-04-2003, 12:24 PM
I was running low on correct fluid, so I stocked up this weekend and drank a can before coming in today.

truewrestler
11-05-2003, 10:28 AM
I hope that was after we put 5 down :)

ShaolinTiger00
11-05-2003, 12:28 PM
aghhh the sweet smell of a sawbuck gained thru betting...

few things are well spent..

I still can't decide, I'll have to make the decision Sunday night.

truewrestler
11-06-2003, 07:45 AM
I still can't decide, I'll have to make the decision Sunday night. How about you put 5 down on someone from the Yoshida/Silva bracket to win and I for the Liddell/Jackson bracket.

ShaolinTiger00
11-06-2003, 08:09 AM
That would be SPLENDID !!

*evil laugh*

email me guy.

PHILBERT
11-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by LiteBlu
HOLY ****E!!!!

FORGET THE GRAND PRIX.

HENDERSON VS BUSTAMANTE IS THE FIGHT OF THE YEAR AND WILL FINALLY DECIDE WHO IS NUMBER ONE IN THE 185 POUND WEIGHT CLASS!

*burp* (http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi?p=1#CAPSLOCK)

7/16"

truewrestler
11-07-2003, 06:46 AM
ttt

quiet man
11-07-2003, 07:00 AM
Mirko will kick some minotaur butt!!!

truewrestler
11-07-2003, 07:32 AM
...to tap out

:p

Chang Style Novice
11-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Waaaah! No cable! No cabled friends with the slightest interest in slugfestering!

WAHHHHHHHH!

truewrestler
11-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Chang Style Novice, post on the UnderGround forum at http://www.mma.tv if you are really interested in finding a place to watch

truewrestler
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
ttt

Chang Style Novice
11-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Good idea, but I work that night. What I really need is someone to tape it for me.

old jong
11-07-2003, 08:31 PM
TTMFSOBT :D

truewrestler
11-09-2003, 03:12 PM
ttt :D

old jong
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah!...;) :D

truewrestler
11-09-2003, 06:58 PM
its on now!

old jong
11-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Oh oh!....Yoshida lost by decision but he gave a good fight to Sylva.

Liddel had a bad night.

truewrestler
11-09-2003, 09:20 PM
How did you like the armbars by Sakuraba and Nogueira!

Losttrak
11-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Noggie was saved by the bell... He shoulda been pulp.

There needs to be a belt-ranking in the ability to take knees to the face. That said, I would give it to Rampage Jackson. How many did he take by Silva?

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 06:57 AM
I think someone counted and came up with 12 knees.

Yeah, Nog was probably saved by the bell

...and Silva was saved by stalling (yellow card stand-up) :D

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 07:18 AM
nevermind, there must have been more knees than that... I'll count tonight

Meat Shake
11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
TW -
I know you're good for it. Hooks it up with some highlight clips!
:D

Im bitter as hell that I had to miss it.
:mad:

FatherDog
11-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Marking out for Sakuraba big time. Man, that was a relief.

I'm a big Henderson fan, but I can't help but feel a little sorry for Bustamante.

Rampage has one hell of a hard head. How many people could keep standing up while being punted by Silva?

If that first round of the CroCop fight had been 10:30 instead of 10:00, Mirko would've won it. Mino has one hell of a chin, though.

I like Chuck, but he got tooled, plain and simple.

Yoshida brought a lot more than I thought. His striking still sucks, but he was pretty smart about getting into the clinch, and he controlled Silva's wrists really well from the bottom and kept from being GnPed. Still didn't look like he was ever really close to subbing him, though.

Meat Shake
11-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Bah.
Results! RESULTS! ARAAGAGAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who won each fight, how.
Thank you,
Meat Shake

backbreaker
11-10-2003, 12:54 PM
I was basically disappointed overall with the show.Some things like the tournament,the heavyweight title match,and the size of the crowd were very exciting.But that Bull Bobich guy shouldn't get paid for his match,what a rip off.If those 2 huge guys can get in Pride ,then anyone should be able to.The Dan Henderson vs. Bustamante was also a rip off,Bustamante looked fine to me.At least the fight should have went on until someone was knocked out.Was Bustamante out?He looked fine to me.Sakuraba came through and that was awesome.Overall I thought no one looked invincible or unbeatable at all.

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 01:10 PM
http://fightsport.com/fsport/fightsport/news/2003_11_09_fightsport_archive.html#106838879106213 800

"I was basically disappointed overall with the show"

Wow, you are the first person I have heard say that. Was this your first time ordering an MMA event?

"But that Bull Bobich guy shouldn't get paid for his match,what a rip off"

He got poked in the eye and the ref didn't pause the fight... I blame the ref

"The Dan Henderson vs. Bustamante was also a rip off,Bustamante looked fine to me"

Yeah... I thought that might have been a little quick but Bustamante was definitely out of it.

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
"22 knees, 6 kicks unanswered... " is what someone on the UnderGround forum posted for the Silva/Jackson fight

backbreaker
11-10-2003, 01:36 PM
I've seen every Pride since Sakuraba beat Royce Gracie,and every UFC.I thought there have been better Pride shows like when Fedor beat Nog or when Nog beat Sapp.There have been more boring Prides.I just wasn't especially impressed with the clinching or throws(Vanderlai Silva had awesome knees and having a final tournament match was one of the most exciting things I've seen ina long time)And there were some good strikes landed but no big one hit and the guy's out strikes.(Chuck Lidell took some shots by Rampage that didn't quite land square.Maybye that's why Rampage didn't beat Silva,I don't know).It was exciting but not as exciting as I thought it would be,so I was just a bit disappointed.

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I see... I was satisfied :D

old jong
11-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by truewrestler
"But that Bull Bobich guy shouldn't get paid for his match,what a rip off"

He got poked in the eye and the ref didn't pause the fight... I blame the ref
[/B]

A few thoughts about this: The big guy was probably faking because everybody know that these "eyegauge" things don't work against a "resisting "opponent !....Is Gary Goodridge aware that he stopped a 300pds monster with a finger and that all his following big punches barely annoyed his opponent?...
Just trolling a little bit !....(hey!...It's fun!);) :D

backbreaker
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
It's a proven fact.Eye gouging doesn't work.You can see the evidence for your self by renting UFC 1.Grappling always wins.:D ;)