PDA

View Full Version : Other Aspects

CaptinPickAxe
11-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Has Martial Arts helped you out in a form other than fighting or health?

example:

I was longboarding with an ear infection and my balance was fuct. I was going about twenty and nearing a four way stop and began to carve to slow down. I went over a sewer cap and my back wheels became airborn. I took two steps and felt myself falling forward, and went into a roll from shoulder to shoulder. I was thrust back on to my feet and ran and hoped on my longboard. I just so happens that we practice that roll in SC so I belive my training helped divert a serious injury.

joedoe
11-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Yes. I don't need to take stairs or lifts any more because my amazing chi powers allow me to jump straight up to whatever level I need to be at :D

SevenStar
11-04-2003, 03:30 PM
I use my chi to type for me. There's no chance that I will get carpal tunnel now!

CaptinPickAxe
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I use my chi to create a doppleganger to go to the grocery store for me. Then I beat him because of my insecurities.

Oso
11-04-2003, 04:31 PM
you guys are forgetting the most important reason to train martial arts...

CHICKS

looks around for girlfriend who is practicing her new found love of knife throwing

old jong
11-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Believe me...Being able to play some beautiful classical guitar is a lot better for chicks than Martial arts!...BTW, I use chi to play that guitar.:cool:

Oso
11-04-2003, 04:41 PM
if you want any old chick but not if you want you a martial chick.

Ikken Hisatsu
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
recently my entire family got a real bad flu except me. must've been the pure chi that courses through my veins ;)

Meat Shake
11-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Last time I showed this chick my chi at the mall I wound up getting arrested.
:mad:
:eek:

joedoe
11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
Last time I showed this chick my chi at the mall I wound up getting arrested.
:mad:

That is because your chi was too small :)

norther practitioner
11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm just sayin', the more dexterity that you have, the more injuries you can avoid....

Oh, MS.. don't worry about it, you'll start maturing soon...

Meat Shake
11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
"That is because your chi was too small"

Nah, I found out it was cause my zipper was down, I forgot my draws that day, and my overly endowdness was trolling out the front of my pantaloons.

CaptinPickAxe
11-05-2003, 12:31 PM

:confused:

joedoe
11-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
"That is because your chi was too small"

Nah, I found out it was cause my zipper was down, I forgot my draws that day, and my overly endowdness was trolling out the front of my pantaloons.

Then you are lucky a bird didn't mistake it for a worm and try to take it for its dinner :D