PDA

View Full Version : Got Clips! Who wants to host?

fa_jing
11-05-2003, 01:51 PM
I have about 30 clips of training, sparring, and competition. Shadowboxer did an excellent job with the editting, he made me look good and I thank him for that :D.

The downloadable wmv clips are each between 1.3 and 9.6 MBs each.

You up for this Ap? RD? anyone else?

fa_jing
11-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Highlights:

Bag work
Sparring w/ Sifu
Entire Chicago Kung Fu Championships black belt fighting from 2002
Some forms
Mantis vs. Wing Chun friendly open-handed sparring

I can also make stuff available through FTP if we can figure out how.

E-mail me at fajingk@yahoo.com or PM me

Royal Dragon
11-05-2003, 01:59 PM
I'll do it. How are we going to get them in my PC so I can upload them to the site?

MasterKiller
11-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Just let fa_jing FTP them to your site. He can use something like SmartFTP, which is free, and relatively easy to operate.

fa_jing
11-05-2003, 02:10 PM
I think you would need to give me a login and password to the site that would have write privileges, perhaps to a staging area.

Otherwise I can physically meet up with you, probably this Sunday afternoon if you have time.

apoweyn
11-05-2003, 02:16 PM
I'd be up for it too. But if RD is easier, that's cool.

:)

fa_jing
11-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I guess I'll try to work it out with RD since he's nearby. RD how much space do you have? Most of the clips are under 4 mgs but the two best sparring clips are 8-9 mgs each. I tried WinZip on them but only shaved off 2% - I think they are basically already compressed. Ap, I remember that you broke up the clips for Oso, did you use any special software for that?

Edit: swapping files in and out as Ap suggested is definitely acceptable - we can make the clips available 1 or 2 at a time if space is a concern.

yenhoi
11-05-2003, 04:29 PM
I have web space too.

;)

Royal Dragon
11-05-2003, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure how much space I have, but I know it's not alot. I could take down all the stuff I have about the Royal Dragon programs, as I'm not teaching anymore anyway. That will give a bit more space. The best I think would be to meet up, with a cd, and load it into my system and see where we can go. I'll need about two weeks, as I'm pretty booked right now. If you can break it into smaller clips, I could probably put them up on a rotateing basis, maybe 3-4 at a time.

apoweyn
11-06-2003, 08:22 AM
I didn't break up Oso's clips, actually. He sent them like that. Sorry. :)

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 10:35 AM
I sent the first sample clip to Ap, it's of my sifu and us hitting the heavy bag. It's alot more impressive with sound so make sure y'all download it to your home computers or a computer with a sound card. Hopefully it will make it through the firewalls.

BTW, both RD and Ap (or Yenhoi) can host some or all of the clips if they want to, it's no big deal. I'm going on convenience here.

I was not able to get my Yahoo! e-mail to attach even a smaller clip so unfortunately, widespread distribution by e-mail is not going to be an option.

-Keith (FJ)

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
i dont want to wait two weeks. i can give you access to my ftp tonight.

i can just use my machine which has a couple gigs free right now.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 10:41 AM
oh and the machine in question is on a ds3.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 10:52 AM
GDA: shoot me a PM with a username and password with FTP write privileges, let me know the IP address and what remote directory to access, and I'll give it a try right now.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 11:13 AM
setting it up now.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 11:21 AM
done and pm'd ya.

Shadowboxer
11-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I told fa-jing that I have his original (uncompressed) clips still. And when he found a host and knew more specific details such as free space and what connection speeds were available, that I could re-compress to meet specific formats. I gave him downloadable and streaming versions for WMP 9, but used the WMP 7 video codec. I'd get the specifics from my compression software but the machine is tied up at the moment. I'll keep checking this thread and keep me in the loop.

:)

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah! GDA has the clips! Rock and Roll Baby!

I sent him most of the best ones - there are some others worth seeing too, though.

One note, since we're finally in business - the clip that says "Keith's3rdFight" is actually two fights - the first which I dominated against a Karate guy, and the second which I lost against my junior classmate. Understandable since the original video was shot haphazardly and the second fight was barely filmed, there's only a few seconds of footage.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
PS Shadowboxer is the man and we should go back to him for the March San Shou footage....

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey!! GDA, give Ap a username and login to your FTP site so he can download the clips. You can make it read-only or you can just give him the same un and pwd that you gave me. Ap can then put some up on his website. Start with the clip of the heavybag and "Keith's3rdFight" -- I'm fond of that one. If you have room you can also put "Keith's2ndFight" up.

I'll probably follow this up with PMs to the both of you.

kungfuyou
11-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Ok so what's the web address to view these bad boys??? :)

Starchaser107
11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
try the gda thread that says fajings bad@ss clips