PDA

View Full Version : Rooftop

YongChun
11-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Anyone seen the new Hawkins Cheung video "Rooftop"?

Ray

Ernie
11-05-2003, 02:51 PM
yep
got them what do you want to know

PaulH
11-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Can I have it? Ha! Ha! Well for starter could you just give the main points of the rooftop fights? What is so interesting about them?

Regards,

PH

YongChun
11-05-2003, 03:06 PM
I was wanting to have a review of what was on the tape. I sounded interesting just from a historical perspective. I don't expect to see the quality of fights you see in today's competitive circles though. I want to see if there are any Wing Chun techniques being used or if it just looks like typical school boy fighting.

Ray

Ernie
11-05-2003, 03:28 PM
paul
didn't i give them to you yet :)

ray
well the wing chun clips of the rooftop fights are pretty sad just a bunch of chain punching and people tripping on each other falling over walls , but from a collecters view there fun to have .
hawkins on the other hand is a highly skilled man , he gives great information but is a little hard to understand sometimes , i'm a little biased though he is not my sifu i get to hang out with him quite a bit and he always drops tons of information on me , he is just cool like that ,
there is some good footage of hawkins doing chi sau back in the day , that was much more interesting then the rooftop fights , also often hawkins talks ''out of the wing chun box ''
he speaks more on skill and attributes the tan saus and bong saus

russellsherry
11-05-2003, 04:37 PM
hi earnie how are you going? have you got the tape with sifu hawkins doing lap sau wing wong sifu? peace russellsherry oh earnie maybe the footage is the rooftop fights in the warrrior jounerys dvd peace russellsherry

Ernie
11-05-2003, 06:22 PM
hey russel
nope i don't got that on .
things are good my friend i hope all is well with you

russellsherry
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
hi earne sory about the trypeover i meant to say, with wong sifu
doing lap sau i think it may be with hawkins sifu iam not sure , peace russellsherry