PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Quarterly

MantisifuFW
11-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Greetings,

I am happy to announce that respected Tanglang sifu and author, Paul Eng has agreed to submit articles for publication.

This issue, MQ celebrates its first year and finishes Volume 1 with an article by Eight Step Sifu John Chang on fundamentals, Sifu Buenviage on body conditioning, an article on the Shaolin temple and Tanglang and an article on Mantis Boxing in Poland.

We appreciate the support through 03 and with the upcoming articles by Ilya Profatilov, Wang Rengang, Lee Kam Wing and many others, 04 promises to be a great year!

Thanks for your support,

Steve Cottrell

mantis108
11-08-2003, 01:30 PM
I would like to congratulate you on the upcoming first anniversary. I am so glad the support for the MQ is growing stronger day by day. Can't wait to see the next issue.

Thank you for the update. :)

Warm regards

Robert

Sean
11-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Hello, how can I recieve a subscription to Mantis Quarterly?

Mr.Binx
11-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Currently, the quarterly is only being distributed directly through tanglang schools. If you're affiliated with a school and they do not already receive it then make sure that they are aware of the publication. Information and updates regarding the Mantis Quarterly are also available at http://mantisquarterly.com/

yu shan
11-16-2003, 05:19 PM
In today`s .com world, it is refreshing to have this wonderful publication. Thank you Shrfu Cottrell, look forward to the future.

Tainan Mantis
11-18-2003, 01:19 AM
Mr Binx.
How many does a person have to order to get the mag?
It seems odd that I have 2 articles in there yet can't get a subscription.
All my students read Chinese only so it is inconvenient to order large quantities

Can't you just charge extra for sending individual subscriptions and have lower rates for schools?

BeiTangLang
11-18-2003, 05:58 AM
Really,..one should contact Sifu Cottrell for suggestions & information. If you need his address, please let me know.
~BTL

MantisifuFW
11-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Tainan,

My appologies. I have sent copies of each issue to the address you gave me in previous months at no charge as you have, as you said, written two very good articles for us. If you have not received your copies, (there have been isolated incidents of people not receiving their copies also), please let me know and I will send them again. (As Bei has suggested, drop me a line off list).

As for individual subscriptions, we will not do them for the forseeable future. The intent continues to be that we distribute through schools so that we bring more of the community together. And, by the way, the idea seems to be working.

By the way, glad you are feeling better.

Steve Cottrell

Tainan Mantis
11-18-2003, 06:11 PM
I have gotten the issues. No apology needed.
Since I don't individual subscriptions I will have to keep the good articles coming.

MantisifuFW
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Tainan,

All part of my evil plan...

Again, great to have you back!

Steve Cottrell