PDA

View Full Version : New Students!

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi All.

Been wandering how many new students you get a year in your kwoon, with this I mean guys that look like they are going to stay for atleast 1yr or longer.

When I joined my current kwoon I was put into a group of 4 students of appr. the same level.
At the moment we are down to 2 students and I got a feeling that it will soon drop down to one. :(

Since I started only 3 new students have signed up and 2 lasted longer than 6 months.

At my current Kwoon we got about 30 signed students with about 20 on average showing up for lessons, some of our students come from quiet a distance.
Not sure what the ratio and numbers are at the other kwoons from my style in the City.

Watahhh
11-06-2003, 07:45 PM
when i joined i was put into a class with 20-25 new recruits. out of those 15 have lasted for more than 1 year. we get people joining every week. probably around 1/2 last for a while. 1/3 for a year or more. our kwoon has around 500 members right now. only around half turn up at a time though.

T'ai Ji Monkey
11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Watahhh
... we get people joining every week. ...

We get maybe 1 or 2 people in 6 months coming in for a trial lesson, most of them we never see again. ;)

joedoe
11-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Watahhh
when i joined i was put into a class with 20-25 new recruits. out of those 15 have lasted for more than 1 year. we get people joining every week. probably around 1/2 last for a while. 1/3 for a year or more. our kwoon has around 500 members right now. only around half turn up at a time though.

Wow. Big school.

Watahhh
11-06-2003, 10:16 PM
yeah, pretty big school. 6 of our members just graded to gold sash a few weeks ago. that makes a total of 7 including sifu, who has almost reached grand master.

Tak
11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Hmm, we have maybe 50 adult students that I see regularly, and probably about that number that come during the day when I'm not there to see them. We have 3 or 4 newcomers each week, seemingly, and about half of those stay around for a while.