PDA

View Full Version : Explain this???

ZhouJiaQuan
11-06-2003, 01:34 AM
How come if one drinks about 3 to 4 beers, the next morning you wake up ripped(like jesus)?

serisouly, 6-7 beers is too many and you get fat, but 3-4 is just right.

Must be something with 3-4 beer the laughing burns all the calroies and then some. (a drunken theory)

im confused...? does this happen to others?

Ford Prefect
11-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Doesn't happen to me, but if you have a low body fat%, then it could be due to the fact that alcohol dehydrates your body. That is partially what a hangover is from: dehydration. Since the excess water in your skin is not there anymore, it will make your cuts more visible. Bodybuilders will dehydrate themselves before a competition or photo shoot for the same reason.

ZhouJiaQuan
11-06-2003, 10:27 PM
ahh yea, that is what i think, when im sober at least :)

i just wanted to see if anyone else knew what the deal was

thanks

IronFist
11-07-2003, 01:43 AM
It's dehydration. I remember one time I was so dehydrated the next morning that I was drinking from a gallon of water that I just opened. In 3-4 hours I drank about half of it and I didn't have to pee for like 8-12 hours and by that time i was about 3/4 of the way done with it. It was strange. I was like "I should have peed by now." Haha. Alcohol dehydrates you.

ZhouJiaQuan
11-07-2003, 09:10 AM
i guess we can always count on ironfist for the urination(or lack there of) story hahaha :p

bung bo
11-09-2003, 08:45 AM
beer is a diuretic. your kidneys are going wild making all that pee and you get dehydrated so the next morning you look thin and cut. the excess just builds up your gut. but good for me, i don't like the way beer tastes.

trevorstalker
11-13-2003, 04:56 PM
coming a little late to the topic, but anyway...

what is the real reason behind the infamous "beer gut"? can't be the carb content... if that was the reason, there would be "tequila gut" and "caipirinha gut" and so on...

the gut can't be all about fat either right? if that was the case, it would show in other parts of the body, not only on the guts...

anyone?