PDA

View Full Version : fajings completely bad ass clips

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 01:03 PM
watch fajing totally flip out on some kid just cause he opened a window. fajing is a ninja. ninjas are mammals. which are totally sweat.

heavybag (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/heavybag.wmv)

8th fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/8thfight.wmv)

air shield (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/airshield.wmv)

keiths2ndfight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/keiths2ndfight.wmv)

keiths 3rd fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/keiths3rdfight.wmv)

sifu sparring (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/sifusparring.wmv)

just for fun ... retards rockin out (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/retards_rockin_out.wmv)

Chang Style Novice
11-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Opened in WMP automatically for me, but sound only.

d@mnit.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:10 PM
CSN - rightclick, download target. Open in Windows Media Player.

BTW, there is a caption to "8th fight" -- "Tai-Chi this, MF!"

(no offense to the REAL tai-chi players)

Chang Style Novice
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately I'm on a library macintosh - no right mouse button!

I'll try a click and drag to desktop, though.

no, same problem. I'll look at 'em on a windows box later.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:18 PM
GDA: I forgot to send you a really good clip called "Sparring" the first time around - I just sent it to you....please put it up too and provide a link.

Thanks man!

chen zhen
11-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Opened in WMP automatically for me, but sound only.

have the same problem here.

i think you have to get the upgraded version of WMV, thats been the case with most of mine.

Judge Pen
11-06-2003, 01:22 PM
How long were the matches?

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
You can get it off of Microsoft - the version I have is free, no special features.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:27 PM
2 1-minute rounds - Toughman style.

In the first tournament "3rd Fight" I am wearing the cage headgear. In the second tournament "2nd fight" I am wearing regular boxing headgear, but my opponents and the guys in "8th fight" are wearing the caged headgear.

The rules also changed from one tournament to the other - the first tournament was if you knock the other out, you lose. In the second tournament if you knocked the other out, you won.

apoweyn
11-06-2003, 01:28 PM
I get picture. But no sound.

Odd eh?

norther practitioner
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Nice clips.. watching the sifu sparring.. looks good for a 50-80% scenario...:D

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah, he is toying with us and even lets us beat on him a little. You'll also notice that he is trying to give us as much of a "non-wingchun" look as possible.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Again:

you will need to hear the sound to fully enjoy the clips. Especially when I'm making solid contact on someones headgear with a fist or foot.

and

Keith's 3rd fight has another fight with my junior classmate spliced onto the end of it. The last 15 seconds or so are the other fight

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 01:44 PM
and - yes, I know I'm dropping my rear hand all of the time. LOL

Suntzu
11-06-2003, 01:52 PM
GDA is just WROOOOOONG..... i still LOL'd tho.....

KEEP YALL HANDS UP........ good take downs....

Tak
11-06-2003, 01:59 PM
You people don't have any codecs!

My Linux machine with MPlayer KFOs you all!

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Still to come:

Wing Chun vs. Mantis

Karate vs. Muy Thai

Forms

the other sparring clip with more of me and my classmate in action

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 02:07 PM
new clip:

tai chi is a terrible hippy dance ... fajing said so (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/sparring.wmv)

yenhoi
11-06-2003, 02:16 PM
Im confused. Are you the white kickboxer who is trying to look like a wing chunner or the white wing chunner who is degrading to kickboxing.

:eek:

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
YES

txwingchun
11-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Cool clips keep them coming

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Still to come: Lowlights! A certified mullet performing a form. Me losing a match. Me competing in pushhands.

Seriously there are a few more good clips. How you doing on space, GDA? We have to give you guys a peek at the mullet at least....

Shadowboxer
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Try this. Download Windows Media Player 9 - it's free. Right click to Save the movies to your desktop. Watch and enjoy. They will stream but you have to have a fast connection. I have a LAN/T1 connection and parts of the tai chi hippie clip didn't play smoothly the first time. Also, use ALT + 2 or 3 to change the size of the video.

Thanks for hosting GDA!!

-Shadowboxer

apoweyn
11-06-2003, 03:01 PM
The clips are fine for me now. I'm an idiot. My speakers had gone on the blink and I didn't realize it. All's well.

Shadowboxer
11-06-2003, 03:10 PM
:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 03:10 PM
fine on space ... i just ask that everyone saves them if they want to watch more than once so the bandwidth nazi's put an axe through this whole operation :)

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 03:45 PM
GDA - I just sent you 15 more clips. Not all of them are that interesting - do what you want with them. You should definitely put up the remaining fights and my Chum Kil form. Also one of the mullet's forms and the wushu-refugee from Dragonball-Z that does that slapping all over the body form. The WC vs. Mantis sparring is a long wait for the action at the end - probably not worth most people's trouble to download, depending on the connection.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
not a problem fajing ... i just saw them and im gonna put them up a couple at a time to try and spread the bandwidth usage out a little.

ill put up a couple more tonight and then the rest over friday and saturday.

fa_jing
11-06-2003, 04:58 PM
you da man

SevenStar
11-06-2003, 06:21 PM
are these from andrew lee's tourney last year?

Oso
11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
nice, thanks for offering them up, that in itself takes guts here:)

A- holy shiat, your sifu can certainly hit.

B- just a comparison and open for discussion: the level of sparring on the clips in your school is what I would call anything up to about 25%. I break sparring down by quarters:

light/touch

25%

50%

75%

controlled full.

as soon as I get a video capture card I'll have some more stuff up as well.

thanks again, fa_jing

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 11:15 PM
wc vs mantis (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/wcvsmantissparring.wmv)

chum kil (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/chumkil.wmv)

1st fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/1stfight.wmv)

2nd fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/2ndfight.wmv)

3rd fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/3rdfight.wmv)

4th fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/4thfight.wmv)

6th fight (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/kfo/6thfight.wmv)

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-06-2003, 11:19 PM
ha ... i had a link to a 5th fight that didn't exist.

ill put the rest up over tomorrow and saturday.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Guts nothing. I know I was doing decently for an intermediate student with 3 years of moderately dedicated study, and some ancient TKD. I'm not sure what it looks like to others but I know that it's fine.

As far as the sparring - well some was down at the 25% range, we had a stomach taps drill in one of the tapes too. Sifu has to stay around that range so that he doesn't hurt us - as long as we cooperate by not going crazy on him. You can also learn alot at that intensity - it's still above touch sparring as you said. But we turn things up from time to time.

OTOH in the "sparring clip" you may not realize it but my Sifu rung my bell twice - once with the round kick at 3:35 into the clip and once with the backfist at 4:06 (after the low wing block of my sidekick). I went home all giddy that night. It's funny that you mention percentages, because his comment to me afterwards was "yeah and that wasn't even full force"

I rang Alex's bell a little with the last of the punches at 2:30. He bench presses 300 pounds with a torn pec - he's no slouch and once he gave me a slight concussion with a right hook. He's the one that picked me up in the tournament clip.

My sifu has let me know that his jaw was hurting all week from a shot I gave him.

But regardless of whether or not it made it to the tape, me and Alex would go up to 80%, and Sifu would go up to about 60%. I mean after some sparring rounds, any one of the 3 of us might be stuck to the ground exhausted. In fact that was in some of the footage but ShadowBoxer didn't include it in these clips. I've seen my sifu go up to 8 rounds of sparring with us, 4 each. Believe me we get into survival mode, but only when exhausted. After we improved in ability he had to cut it down to 3 rounds each.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 09:35 AM
7*- yes most of the fight clips are from Andrew Lee's tournament, except for 2. There was footage that didn't make it to the clips of your old sifu doing a double broadsword form and of his brother TKO-ing 2 fighters. Ask ShadowBoxer if he'll make a clip for you of this.

Oso
11-07-2003, 09:42 AM
fa_jing, you seem to have taken my comments the wrong way.

I was only looking for discussion on sparring levels, I didn't criticize anything on the tapes at all.

thanks for offering us a look at your training.

have a good day.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 09:44 AM
For y'allsis info: my sifu was 42 years old when these clips were shot. He teaches on a private/semi-private basis only. contact me if you want info fajingk@yahoo.com

Not too many people from Chicago on this board though. I think people here know me already.

It's a shame but his knowledge is going to waste - he's only had a few serious students. I haven't been able to train in a year, first due to injury and now due to financial and time concerns. If I finally get a new job, which is what I need, it very well could take me out of Chicago.

I'd love to help him open his own school but we both have our day jobs and family, and no investment capital.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Oso
fa_jing, you seem to have taken my comments the wrong way.

I was only looking for discussion on sparring levels, I didn't criticize anything on the tapes at all.

thanks for offering us a look at your training.

have a good day.

Nah, I didn't take it the wrong way at all. I'm just responding to what you said. I take it to mean that you have been in schools that spar just as hard or harder. Which I would fully expect, since as everyone knows on this board, THAT's how you Train!! My sifu has told us that in the South Side Karate schools, in the Muy Thai schools, "all those guys do is fight. They love to fight."
And we as martial artists need to be have an answer to that in our training.

The "guts" comment means don't hold back y'all, post your stuff!

no worries, I welcome all comments

I would only point out that the following is well-known to me and thus redundant and unnecessary:

"Hands up Elbows down Eyes wide open!!!!!"

Shadowboxer
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
I thought I made a clip of 7*'s sifu using the 2 tiger hook swords or something. Did I capture the wrong clip?

7* do you know the performer in "Double swords.wmv" ?

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 12:18 PM
No man, that's not his sifu. African-american guy doing a broadsword form, not Asian-american guy doing double hook swords form. It's my fault I said double swords.

SevenStar
11-07-2003, 01:39 PM
If you make them, feel free to post them. I don't train with him anymore, but I'm sure he wouldn't care if they were posted.

mantis108
11-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks for sharing the clips. I am curious as to the clip of Wing Chun Vs Northern Mantis. Could you give some background to who's who and the general rules that are applied in the match there. By looking at the way they moved, I believe the black shirt blue pants is from NPM (HK 7 Stars lineage?). But then it is weir that he's the one that's got taken down more often then the other. Also there was an occassion where he could have capitalize on the takedown (while he was being taken down) but didn't materialized I wonder if it was the rule or if it was his training that he let it go. Assuming the black shirt is a NPM player, I am a bit puzzle that he used very few fundamental PM techiques. There is no hook-grab-pluck type of technique which is essential to PM style of fighting. Again perhaps there are rules involved? Could you comment on that please. Thank you.

Regards

Mantis108

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Correct on who's who. The Mantis guy is Sifu Lee Lera. He studied 7-star NPM with Master Kwan as well as others. I don't think there really were rules other than not really trying to hurt the other guy. As for the takedowns - why would Mantis be any more proficient at avoiding the takedown than Wing Chun? Sounds like typical North-South myths to me. Wing Chun man (sifu Milan from Brazil) was pretty aggressive and he's talented. Mantis guy had better kicks although not by much. Now for the lack of distinctive wing chun/mantis motions....well look at the footwork. It's there. The hands, well - when you are standing across from someone who's about as talented as you are, you can't just do anything you want and it's not going to look pretty. If you slow it down you can see more of what's going on. Sifu Lera definitely lifted his elbows and did some of that side-swipe stuff. Compared to the Wing Chun guy who kept his elbows down.

Sifu Lera (mantis guy) was pretty good at the throat grab, nut grab when on the ground - don't know if you noticed that.

mantis108
11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Thank you once again for the clarifications.

First off, I am only sharing what my impression. It doesn't represent any other's opinion but mine. Any mistake would be solely mine.

Your point on the takedown and the talens involved are well taken. Personally, I don't think that all PM styles have the same training focus that's why there are stylistic differences. I brought that point up basically to illustrate that issue. IMHO Training focus should bring awareness. In this case there might be other reasons such as he might be trying to expirement with the ground range techniques or something. That we don't have much chance to see because they are almost immediately seperated as soon as they hit the ground.

Since his style is different than mine, I can only say that we would look at things diffferently. I also agreed that agressiveness plays a big part here as well. I admire his willingness to put his abilities to the test with fine opponent(s). I do think that we need more of that kind of event to bring PM out to the public eyes and in turn sharpen PM skills.

Thanks for pointing out those "grabs" on the ground. It would be interesting to see them working on the ground but I guess that's another thing that we can look forward to.

Regards

Mantis108

PS I would like to post the link on the KFO Mantis forum as well. Hope you don't mind.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 03:43 PM
That should be fine. :)

No, I don't think he intentionally went to the ground, but the first time he did pull his side kick, leaving an opening for the other. Again, they were trying not to hurt one another.

red5angel
11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Interesting. Good clips there fajing. On that Mantis vs WC clip I found it interesting that they both look pretty much the same, similar footwork, similar strikes and blocks.

Is that sifu of yours teaching wingchun or does he teach a mix of stuff? What is his background?

Starchaser107
11-07-2003, 05:46 PM
cool fa_jing thanks for sharing.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Red - what my sifu teaches is June Fan JKD and Wing Chun. Not necessarily in that order. He also teaches us "martial arts." that means grappling and Qin Na and transitions between striking and grappling. Although we learn some good stuff, it is not the most advanced grappling material. We get a few good tricks from who knows what art. He has a background in boxing. And in streetfighting, and in the marines, and as a Sheriff. When you are in the martial arts for nearly 30 years you will have been exposed to alot of methods.

I think my Wing Chun forms and exercises come from Ho Kam Ming and Leung Ting lineages but I'm not sure.

fa_jing
11-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
On that Mantis vs WC clip I found it interesting that they both look pretty much the same, similar footwork, similar strikes and blocks.

They are not similar, it's just that when you apply it it's similar. :D that was a joke. FWIW neither one has done much cross-training as far as I know. They are pretty much one-style guys.

It does go back to the "two arms, two legs" thing.

My experience with standing across from someone of approximately equal or better talent is that all of a sudden you can't really do what you want to do. You need to make adjustments which is tough. You need to constantly watch your opponent and react. It's because I'm watching the other guy, for instance, that I drop my rear hand. If I'm kicking it's because I'm managing my balance.

Liokault
11-08-2003, 11:37 AM
What I liked most was that in the Fight clips you were started from well within arms reach so that you did not even have to bother stepping forwards to hit your oponent :D

Some things worried me, like in the mantis v wc clip a kick is caught and held but nothing is done with it! Not bad overall though.

Starchaser107
11-08-2003, 12:23 PM
only statement i'd make also regarding wc vs mantis is that it seems the fight was being stopped or broken up too much to allow much continuity re: grappling , takedowns etc. what happens on the ground etc. , seems like it was just a friendly light-ish sparring match not too much follow through as liokault indicated. otherwise cool.