PDA

View Full Version : Videoclip - CHAMPIONSNIGHT online

Peter W.
11-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Hello everybody,

we have published the Highlight-Video from the CHAMPIONSNIGHT in our website.

If You interested to see it, please follow the link:

http://www.icbo.de/video-dateien/031018-highlights-championsnight.wmv

Regards

froggy
11-09-2003, 08:04 PM
How large is the file and what is on it?

Peter W.
11-09-2003, 08:10 PM
The file is 2,4 MB and its a .wmv-file. On the Video is the best scenes from the Championsnight (Kickboxing, Chinese Boxing and Muay Thai Gala).

Starchaser107
11-09-2003, 08:15 PM
that was awesome , i'll be sure to check out your site.

cerebus
11-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Nice! That really kicks azz (& head, & ribs, and...:D ). T.

CD Lee
11-09-2003, 09:20 PM
The guy in Orange...I am not sure, but he looked a lot like Xingyi to me. He used a lot of our principles. He started out in a san ti like posture, and the instant the guy moved, he steped forward into his center, stayed upright, and delivered power with his body, not just his arms.

On the second one, as the other guy tries to kick, he STEPS in, and moves into his center, grasping the body and just chunking it. Awesome!

Then on the last clip, he used simple angles and deflections while the guy was striking away. The INSTANT the guy tried to transition into a kick, the Orange guy sensed it and STEPPED into and grabs his head in a Bagua looking move.

I suspect, he is a Bagua/Xingyi dude.

They guy he fought in black, no way, his arms were out, and he left his center open when attacking.

CD Lee
11-09-2003, 09:29 PM
BTW,

To the guy who posted the link and video, could you please tell us who the guy in the Orange Hifu was?

Peter W.
11-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Hello everybody, the name of the guy in red is Nihat Atamtürk, he is a Sifu in Chinese Boxing. His teacher is Grandmaster Dr. Min Tah Jao. Sifu Atamtürk used Chinese Boxing techniques. Hope that i can help You. If You need more informations, please write it here.

Regards

CD Lee
11-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Peter W. Thanks.

Can you tell what style of Chinese Boxing? And what country is Sifu Nihat from?

fa_jing
11-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by CD Lee

The INSTANT the guy tried to transition into a kick, the Orange guy sensed it and STEPPED into and grabs his head in a Bagua looking move.

It looked choreographed to me??

Kristoffer
11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
can't watch it.. strange

CD Lee
11-10-2003, 12:32 PM
[quote]
It looked choreographed to me??
[quote/]

Really? It did not look that way at all to me. Watch it again several times. Let me say this about choreography. When he grabs inside his leg, and throws the guy, he also twists inside his leg, and smashes him dangerously down onto his hips, back.

When he elbows, notice how he sinks his entire body weight into the blow, and how the guy lands. And also, watch the guy in black, not the guy in Orange. He looks a little out of control to me, especially in the last exchange. And finally, look at the spinning move. You will notice if you watch closely, the guy in black, after missing several shots, unwisely decides on a spinning roundhouse kick. The second the guy in Orange sees the spin, he is in doing monkey takes coconut.

It darn sure did not look like kickboxing did it? Maybe thats why it looks that way to you? Looks very farmiliar to me. My Sifu does the same type movements on us.

Also, why would one match in a TOURNAMENT, be choreographed??? That sounds ridiculous to me.

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
It looked choreographed to me?? YES... The footage of the ONLY people not in kickboxing clothing was a demonstration of REAL Kung Fu

That was not part of the tournament

fa_jing
11-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Why would one match in a tournament be fought in silk PJ's with no protective gear? Why would said match allow an elbow to the back of the neck? Why would the fighter get back up and continue fighting after an elbow to the back of his neck that dropped him?

Why does the one guy just stand there throwing punches while the other goes block-block-block?

Why is a fat guy fighting a stack of stone slabs with his forehead?

truewrestler
11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
REAL Kung Fu requires silk PJs

(and a willing opponent...doh)

fa_jing
11-10-2003, 01:30 PM
hey beautiful video though. Looks like a quality night of Martial arts.

Meat Shake
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
"Why is a fat guy fighting a stack of stone slabs with his forehead?"

He has fat rage, and horrible animosity towards the bricks for stealing his woman.

SifuAbel
11-10-2003, 02:44 PM
I know that the reality with breaking spaced blocks is that you only have to break one and force the second, but, can any of you do ONE Block at all?

Also, there were several guys with black pants on, were they not from KF schools?

Why was everyone so small and skinny? Most of them were way shorter than the ref.

I guess blocking is out of fashion...... :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
I know that the reality with breaking spaced blocks is that you only have to break one and force the second, but, can any of you do ONE Block at all? I can break 2, but I don't like to do it much because I hurt my hand once and missed some training time.

One of the guys in my school has broken 5 bricks a couple of times, but he's a lot bigger than me.

SifuAbel
11-10-2003, 03:01 PM
......I mean with your head.

fa_jing
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
My sifu used to break bricks. I'll stay away from that though.

Actually everything about the Chinese MA guy was very impressive, except his physical fitness (IMO). Smooth, good technique. I have no doubt that he could pull off something similar in a realistic situation. However it was a demo. That is all.

SifuAbel
11-10-2003, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes: You guys are never happy.

CD Lee
11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Oh, bull****,

Anytime you guys get to see real Kung Fu, you can't believe it. Exactly what I have always stated on this forum.

In fact, I personally thought every fight on that video was staged. Did did you see the way those guys let the puossy shots hit them in the face? Honestly. Every one of those fights was fake dude. Every one. How else do you explain the obvious arm shots and weak arse shots those guys were throwing?

Peter W.
11-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Nihat Atamtürk demonstrated Chinese Boxing techniques. It´s not a fight. The other Scenes was Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Chinese Boxing fights. In the video is the best scenes from the gala "Championsnight", who the ICBO organized on 18.10.03 in Wipperfürth-Germany. Main fight was the world title fight between Leimbach and Iskender.

Oso
11-11-2003, 04:59 AM
jesus ****ing christ...

will this crap never end...

Sifu Nihat was obviously doing a demo.

ANY demo by ANY artist is going to look like a demo.

It was a good demo and the 'attacker' took some decent hits and falls in the demo.

The fights were good fights and a good chance to see some other guys doing there(edit: their) thing.

Peter W. thanks for sharing the link.

cerebus
11-11-2003, 05:05 AM
THANK YOU! I can't believe that Oso actually had to point that out to you people. Right on the money Oso. T.

CD Lee
11-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Well, I am now ready to eat my words...MMMMMmmmmmm. Yummy! :D I am a big boy, I can take it.

Nice demo indeed. I gotta say, I've seen those 'type' moves work in action. But a demo is a demo.

Oso
11-12-2003, 05:07 AM
actually he came waaaaaay after the whole frickking thing was over and talked bout crap not ending

'actually', my disgust is over the habit of immediately bashing anything and everything anyone offers up here. this thread in general is just an example of that...again. wasn't being specific or I would have singled someone out.

it may have been 'over' in this thread but it's not over on this board. probably won't ever be.

Peter W.
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
@ CD Lee

Sifu Nihat comes from Turkey. He lives in Germany and he has train some northern and southern Kung Fu styles. After the Kung Fu he trained Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Since 1997 he trained Chinese boxing under Sigung Dr. Min Tah Jao.

For more information about Sifu Nihat click this link:

http://www.icbo.de/portraits/portrait-nihat-atamtuerk.htm

Regards

Shaolinlueb
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Peter W.
@ CD Lee

Sifu Nihat comes from Turkey. He lives in Germany and he has train some northern and southern Kung Fu styles. After the Kung Fu he trained Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Since 1997 he trained Chinese boxing under Sigung Dr. Min Tah Jao.

For more information about Sifu Nihat click this link:

http://www.icbo.de/portraits/portrait-nihat-atamtuerk.htm

Regards

nice man thanks

it might have been a demo. to me it didnt look like the other guy was expecting soemthing like Sifu Nihat's action. just ym two cents