PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

B.Tunks
11-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

Tommorow (November 11th), is the anniversary of the passing of master Kang Zhiqiang of Qingdao, Shandong.
Kang was a great man and we were very close. I miss him very much, as do all those he left behind. His teachings live on and his memory will not fade.

There will be a tribute posted on my website in two weeks time after my student comes back from Thailand, to upload the final version. I will let those interested know when its up.

Rest In Peace Kang Shifu.

-Brendan Tunks

MantisifuFW
11-10-2003, 10:18 AM
List Members,

Shifu Kang Zhiqiang of Qingdao, Shandong was a great master. His dedication and passion for Tanglang was evident in every meeting I had with him. He unselfishly shared his art and had a profound impact on my perspective of Mantis Boxing. He will be sorely missed.

Steve Cottrell

mantis108
11-10-2003, 04:13 PM
I am sure Shifu Kang would have been proud of you in continuing his teaching.

Thank you for the update.

Warm regards

Robert

B.Tunks
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks brothers.
B.T

MantisifuFW
11-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Shifu Tunks,

You are most welcome.

I was struck today by an often heard comment among my students as we remembered Shifu Kang's passing. Those who had trained with him recounted their experiences and were, as you would expect, impressed, positive and inspired by having met Shifu Kang and having trained with him. But it was significant that they spoke as much of his presence and his passion as they did the technical information he freely gave.

What struck me were the number of students, who could not go with us on our last trip, who regreted their having missed training with him. The impact that Shifu Kang had on all that experienced his passion for the art is something that others can see and wish that they too could have experienced.

Your teacher's impact goes far beyond the boarders he could see in his lifetime.

You and I can only hope that we have such a legacy when we are gone.

Steve Cottrell

B.Tunks
11-11-2003, 03:46 AM
Shifu Cottrell,

You are right, I can only hope. It's true, his personality was greater than his role as a master of Tanglang. That's what I miss most of all and something I think is very important in finding a good teacher. I was very lucky indeed.
thanks again,
B.T

Michael Dasargo
11-23-2003, 07:14 PM
My students and I give our sincerest condolences. I remember Kang Shifu for being full of spirit, energy, and a welcoming vibrance that made me feel like a part of a proud family during my short time with him.

Shifu Tunks, in case I havent mentioned it before, thank you for allowing us the oppurtunity to learn with a great and unforgettable leader in the Mantis Boxing community. Kang Shifu will always be honored and remembered within the walls of my Wu Guan.

Best Regards,
M.Dasargo
The Traditional Kung Fu Academy
San Diego, CA USA

B.Tunks
11-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Brother Mike.

Thanks xiongdi, you words are much appreciated.
Kang had a lot of love for you too.
Good to hear from you again.
Talk soon,
Brendan

yu shan
11-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Shifu Tunks

This thread has influenced me since you posted. Without even saying, we know your Teacher lives on within you. All the positive for those who you influence. It`s Shifu`s like you who really make the differance. Thank you.