PDA

View Full Version : updates

apoweyn
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Updates from Fajing (all of which you may already have seen courtesy of GDA) and Starchaser107:

http://www.apoweyn.net/martialarts/index.htm

Starchaser107
11-10-2003, 02:54 PM
bless.

chen zhen
11-10-2003, 03:05 PM
this wouldve been a banger if the picture didnt freeze every 5 seconds, couldnt watch half of it.

but props anyway...:confused:

Starchaser107
11-10-2003, 03:10 PM
how abt downloading it?

Oso
11-10-2003, 04:44 PM
SC107...DUDE !!! what is the first form shown in sc107_1???????

there is a sequence in that set that is as close as I have ever seen to a form I do.

the beginning is different and it is played different but from about the :10 mark to the end of what is shown for that is almost exactly like a section of a mantis set I do.

sweet clips overall. is the older guy your sifu??? or is that you?
how long ago was the iska fight?

thanks as always to Apoweyn for his kindness in helping us all get a little closer...ok, that sounded a little ghay but you know what I mean.:p

Ap for Prezident !!!

Starchaser107
11-10-2003, 05:07 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------
the first form in clip one is from a white tiger form.

there is a sequence in that set that is as close as I have ever seen to a form I do.

the beginning is different and it is played different but from about the :10 mark to the end of what is shown for that is almost exactly like a section of a mantis set I do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

sweet, i dunno why that is though i have seen similarities between lots of forms, there might be some relation as well as there mightnt be, but i don't have the knowledge to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------my sifu isn't on any of the clips. the young fellow doing the monkey routine and in the iska fight is my classmate and a si hing like myself, I'm not sure what you mean by "older guy" I'm the oldest guy in those clips though but that might not help, you can identify me in my younger days doing a drop tornado kick onto the ground , and swinging a few punches and also more recently with less hair (bald) in the yellow shaolin vest and black pants at the end of the clip.

it was good as well to see you , and fa_jing in action. perhaps one day if I'm brave enough or even in your vicinity we could meet up and do some grappling...i'm only abt. 5'6 but I'm willing to have a go at it cheers. and once againg props to ap.

Starchaser107
11-10-2003, 05:33 PM
this is me http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=398155

Oso
11-10-2003, 05:38 PM
ok, you were who I meant by older I think.

it looked like the clips spanned a number of years.

so you were doing the splits and then came up into the horse from a split??? awesome. you won't see my fat azz getting anywhere close to that.

I'll get back to you on that set.

need to wine and dine my lady.

Starchaser107
11-10-2003, 05:46 PM
k, you n m.y. have fun .
peace

Oso
11-10-2003, 05:54 PM
:D

apoweyn
11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
how abt downloading it?

Exactly.

apoweyn
11-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Oso

thanks as always to Apoweyn for his kindness in helping us all get a little closer...ok, that sounded a little ghay but you know what I mean.:p

Hey man, that's precisely what I was hoping to achieve. And I'm really glad to see this exchange here. Makes me think it's worthwhile. Cheers.

Ap for Prezident !!!

Alas, I'm a foreign national. British expatriate. How about "Ap for mysterious benefactor!!!"

:)

Starchaser107
11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
that'll work..or at leat ..governor of cali in a few years.

fa_jing
11-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey SC107 - I enjoyed the clips - there were some really talented and athletic performers and it looks like a high-end martial arts association. I'll have to go back through and find your piece.

I hope more people are encouraged to put up clips...or we can just go back to discussing cheese and bacon sammiches

apoweyn
11-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
that'll work..or at leat ..governor of cali in a few years.

Not sure I'm qualified for that either. According to most people, I'm intelligible.

Brad
11-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Anyone know if there is some site where I can get free space to upload a clip?