PDA

View Full Version : Pride...All hail to King Sakuraba!

DragonzRage
08-31-2000, 11:49 PM
Does anyone know where i can order the latest Pride tapes online?? I can't find them anywhere. I need to see these fights, especially Sak vs Royce/Renzo Gracie! I'm just totally anxious to see the latest Pride because it sounds like very exciting fights, even though I am kinda disappointed that Inoue lost. This is urgent! Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, does anyone know how Sak submitted Renzo? Was it a keylock or what?

GinSueDog
09-01-2000, 12:07 AM
DragonRage,
I believe it was a Kimura. There is some debate on what broke Renzo's arm, the throw or the Kimura. I believe the fight will be on DirectTV sometime soon, maybe mid Sept.-ED

Knifefighter
09-01-2000, 12:08 AM
The submission was a Kimura lock, which is like the Americana key lock, but with the arm facing downward. It is one of the few joint locks that you can secure pretty well while standing, although Sak had to take Renzo to the ground to finish the lock (and finish it he did, breaking Renzo's arm). Sak goes for the Kimura from a variety of unorthodox positions. In this case, Renzo had his back when Sak went for the arm.

Knifefighter
09-01-2000, 12:11 AM
GSD, looks like you beat me to the post by one minute.

I believe the Pride event will be on Direct TV on Sept 9.

DragonzRage
09-01-2000, 12:18 AM
Well thanks for the info guys...I'm beginning to understand exactly what Sak did, but it seems pretty weird. That guy is one hell of a fighter. I'm really gonna have to see this. Oh well, I'm gonna go find someone with DirectTV now /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Knifefighter
09-01-2000, 01:13 AM
It will be shown on Friday, Sept 8

8stepsifu
09-01-2000, 06:10 AM
BTW knifefighter there are lots of standing joint locks, just cuz bjj doesn't do them, doesn't mean they're not there.

Paul DiMarino
09-01-2000, 09:15 AM
8Step,

That move is in Judo, BJJ, and Catch as well as a lot of other grappling arts. There are only so many ways to enter into and secure a submission, so a lot of grappling arts have similar techniques.

Plus, his elbow just popped out of socket. It didn't break, and they just popped it back in.

With that out of the way:

Sak's got skills! I can't wait to see this fight and who he fights next.