PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Black Tiger Front Dummy form.

jmd161
11-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Ok here we go.
I've thought about this for sometime ,and have decided to post this on KFO.

Hey everyone,

I've had many people that have asked me for information and video of Black Tiger.There has not been much on the internet about Black Tiger as far as information or video clips.But we are changing all of that at the present time.

Here's a link to a basic Black Tiger form.Infact it is the first form taught in Black Tiger.It is called Hak Fu Chin Jhong (Black Tiger Front Dummy) form.It is a Dummy form as the name implies.This is not how it's usually done.It has been done loosely to show the movements.There is usually alot more power and crisp technique.

But it will show you a little of the techniques.We've cut the video so it does'nt show the entire form.Sorry but there are people out there that like to steal forms and techniques and then claim them as their own.

I hope you enjoy the little clip.Again it is done very loose as to show some of the techniques.It is pretty much just a walk through.

Sil Lum Hak Fu Muhn Jhong (http://members.lycos.co.uk/shaolinblacktiger/images/Front%20Dummy.wmv)

P.S. Please download the clip it's a free site so it does'nt have the bandwidth for everyone to watch the clip.

jeff:)

PHILBERT
11-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Nice video, very clear and easily viewable. However, was the form supposed to be practiced solo? By the name, I was expecting the form to be practiced on some kind of wooden dummy, but the man in the video did it in an empty room. Anyway, look forward to seeing more from this style.

jmd161
11-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey PHILBERT ,

Yeah this form is meant to be done solo.It is usually done in a deeper horse stance and alot faster and with more power also,but this was just a walk thru to show the techniques.

It is the only one of our four dummy forms done without a dummy.The rest of them use one of our four different dummies in Black Tiger.The most advanced of which being the 9 armed Grinder Dummy made of concrete and metal.

JAZA
11-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Do you have any pic of your dummies?
Are they similar to wing chun or CLF dummies?

Beautiful form, looks very southern

jmd161
11-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Here's a picture of one of the Grinder Dummy's.This one is smaller than usual because it's used inside the school.The Grinder dummy is usually 10 ft tall buried 2 ft in the ground making it 8 ft tall when it's used.It can be used bt two ppl at the sametime.

The harder you or someone else hits the Grinder Dummy.Then the harder it hits back.

Black Tiger Grinder Dummy (http://www.black-tiger.org/lan7.jpg)

buddhapalm
11-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Hi,
Nice dummy. Does it spin on an axle or is it solidly planted into the ground ?

Does it have any elasticity ?

Cheers

Buddhapalm

jmd161
11-11-2003, 10:27 PM
Though you can't tell from the picture.The Grinder Dummy has two rows of metal rotating arms.The dummy itself is made of concrete and metal.

The parts where the arms are attached spin in either direction.

JAZA
11-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Nice dummy.
Do you throw punches just to the head(wood?), or to the concrete body too?
Do the rotating arms are for gripping sensitive training?
thanks for your answers

jmd161
11-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Do you throw punches just to the head(wood?), or to the concrete body too?

The little piece of wood on top of the head is for kicking.When you kick it it moves back and forth.

We strike the body (concrete) as well as the arms and legs (metal).

Do the rotating arms are for gripping sensitive training?

We use the arms pretty much in the way you would work against any other dummy.It's hard to explain to someone that does'nt know what the dummy looks like.But when you strike the arms using your forearms it causes the arms to spin the other direction where you strike it again sending it back the other way and so on.

So you are striking hard and the dummy equals the power you are striking with when it strikes back.It's a real workout when two ppl are on the dummy because everything speeds up.Now it's like you're actually fighting someone.

And trust me those metal arms don't feel nice!

WanderingMonk
11-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for sharing.

wm

jmd161
11-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Hey wm,

How's everything bro?

Glad to see you're still around i hope all is well.

WanderingMonk
11-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey Jeff,

Still around. I spend most of the time on the main (kungfu) forum and in emptyflower. I drops in the southern forums every couple days to see if there's anything new. But, the forum been a bit slow of late.

Things are okay with me. Same old rat race. I hope to finish first someday May be today is the day :)

wm